Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostus often close my VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

EsdreelEsdreel Member
edited February 2016 in General

Without any notice!

Because I use a bargain?
Primary IP 104.128.237.xxx
Assigned IPs ,2602:ffc5:20::2:xxx

Now I can not open my VPS,
Such a situation has happened before, without any notice, need to manually open in web.

Comments

• you mean shut down / turn off ? did you open a ticket?

• and now you're expecting it to stay online, when someone ddos' you because you posted the IP on.. here...

and did you contact them via ticket?
    have you searched for a reason why in your VM?

• Maybe you use too much cpu usage?

• @akhfa said:
    Maybe you use too much cpu usage?

There are times, I would VPS idle for a long time, landing again, off-line display,

• @AutoSnipe said:
    and now you're expecting it to stay online, when someone ddos' you because you posted the IP on.. here...

and did you contact them via ticket?
    have you searched for a reason why in your VM?

I'm ready to do the migration.

• then how may us help you?

• chrisfechrisfe Member
    edited February 2016

You've learned a lesson :)

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Thanks for considering LowEndTalk as our helpdesk. By searching the service associated with the IP provided, I see that you had not contacted us via our official helpdesk in regard to the issue that you mentioned.

Your VPS was automatically suspended due to tens of thousands of unreplied connections coming from one IP towards port 80. If you would like more information simply contact us.

Alexander

• he might be behind cloudflare

edited February 2016

@ez2uk said:
    he might be behind cloudflare

The IP does not belong to CloudFlare.

Alexander

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • Gotta love nodewatch!

• AlexanderM said: Thanks for considering LowEndTalk as our helpdesk. By searching the service associated with the IP provided, I see that you had not contacted us via our official helpdesk in regard to the issue that you mentioned.

Well, I disagree.
    That never happened to me at HostUS, but with other providers. Sometimes (rarely) I found a VPS offline in the morning and I really don't like that (in general ChicagoVPS), as I have no way to know the reason. If a provider acts on my VPS, he should communicate about it. Concretely, nodewatch or whatever is monitoring/shuting down a VPS should also open a ticket.

• kaflokaflo Member
    edited February 2016

@Esdreel said:
    Without any notice
    Now I can not open my VPS,
    Such a situation has happened before, without any notice, need to manually open in web.

And you keep coming back for more.

• hostingwizard_net said: Sometimes (rarely) I found a VPS offline in the morning and I really don't like that (in general ChicagoVPS), as I have no way to know the reason

Usually those tasks are automated via the vps panel (solus etc.). So, the provider could not always monitor those actions from panel, when the automated system works well (that means, suspend or shut down the vps that is causing issues to the node or the network). It is a client's duty to monitor and communicate with the provider for issues caused in an unmanaged service.
    Seem that OP didn't bother even to open a ticket regarding his issue but ran here to expose his ips. It is clearly that his abilities to handle an unmanaged vps are not great and that he should use instead a managed service... Even more when his box maybe has been hacked...

@hostingwizard_net said:
    That never happened to me at HostUS, but with other providers. Sometimes (rarely) I found a VPS offline in the morning and I really don't like that (in general ChicagoVPS), as I have no way to know the reason. If a provider acts on my VPS, he should communicate about it. Concretely, nodewatch or whatever is monitoring/shuting down a VPS should also open a ticket.

We are working on making it automatic, but if your car breaks down do you call your garage/insurance first or do you post online saying you're broke down? Command sense - of your vps is offline contact our support team (24x7) and not a forum where I'm only online when j can.

Alexander

Thanked by 2doughmanes wolfman
  • you need to connect AlexanderM with tickets to describe what happened carefully, turst me,he is a nice guy !

• @AlexanderM

This isn't a car breaking down, it's you disabling a car. If a client has an issue with a provider, they should open a ticket. Surely the same is true for a provider having an issue with a client?

If you don't communicate that you disabled a VPS, especially if it happens multiple times, you can expect affected customers to have reviews along the lines of "..but every now and then, my machine turned off by itself. Never had that anywhere else."

• jemaltz said: If you don't communicate that you disabled a VPS

Water pump stopped working on my property last week so I called my landlord versus asking all my neighbors

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @doughmanes said:
    Water pump stopped working on my property last week so I called my landlord versus asking all my neighbors

I agree that the OP should have opened a ticket before posting on LET, but I also think that the host should have opened a ticket upon disabling the machine (thus avoiding this mess).

In other words, if your landlord answered your call with "yes, I disabled the water pump," wouldn't you be rightfully frustrated that they didn't let you know?

• Process/procedure....

• @doughmanes said:
    Process/procedure....

You still not seeing the point he is trying to make?

• I was going to purchase a vps from Hostus.us, due to SWIP the IPs. However this thread indicates the container automatically goes offline sometimes? Is that true? Any other user face same with them?

• ftn said: I was going to purchase a vps from Hostus.us, due to SWIP the IPs. However this thread indicates the container automatically goes offline sometimes? Is that true? Any other user face same with them?

Almost all VPS providers will suspend your VPS if it gets DDOSed, overuse resources, abuse, etc

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • wwabbit said: Almost all VPS providers will suspend your VPS if it gets DDOSed, overuse resources, abuse, etc

Not all of them will shut down your VPS if you get tens of thousands of http requests (OMG that's a lot) over some period of time, let you start it again and repeat it over and over again without letting you know about it until you ask yourself "wth is going on".

Thanked by 2doghouch colingpt
  • @wwabbit said:
    Almost all VPS providers will suspend your VPS if it gets DDOSed, overuse resources, abuse, etc

OVH only null routed me when I hit 300gbps of malicious traffic because I was "exhausting network capacity" :)

• @ftn said:
    I was going to purchase a vps from Hostus.us, due to SWIP the IPs. However this thread indicates the container automatically goes offline sometimes? Is that true? Any other user face same with them?

My hostus vps has been up since day one, that said I haven't really used it intensively.

• You could have just contacted support...when I set off nodewatch on HostUS their support had my VPS back on in less then 10 min. from opening the ticket - their support team is nice :).

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • HostUs Support is very helpful. I've been with them for over a year. Sometimes the entire node slows down due to someone abusing, but in most cases the performance is just amazing.

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync; unlink test
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 5.02496 s, 214 MB/s

• @jarland...
    Why do you allow these sort of threads?
    My suggestions
    Before posting a thread like this...the pic and ticket id should be must ...
    And OP
    Why hurt someone reputation?