Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LEB Radio - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LEB Radio

Comments

• Dear god, the worst of the worst :(

• xprotoceptxprotocept Member
    edited November 2011

Nope, PC is the best :D
    Got an xbox 360 here though, but don't play much

• @VMPort said: @DanielM i know but i saw his images (Signature) and yep xbox rulez... If you play MW3/Black OPs feel free to PM me your gamertag :P

Prefer racing games,, might buy the run soon already got it on pc.

• Someone got a good flash player for the radio?

• WHAT, NO HTML5?!

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Don't you dare play COD soundtrack on loop. That's the only "song" my friend has on his iPod. Bless him.

• @xprotocept

I had one bookmarked on my laptop, if i can find it i will share :P

• VLC or MPlayer

• @VMPort said: Yeah thats what i mean though, i thought acc streams had HD quality at like 32KBPs from what i understand...

32kbps ftw

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2011

Okay, I have finished editing the site, added a few instructions on how to tune in,
    http://216.245.213.232/

Added IRC chat to the site, Suggest songs in the iRC :)

• Never mind it only supports mp3/m3u streaming, not aac :(

@VMPort : No probs :) Not many flash players support AAC :(

• Should have gone for icecast i dont think they require a mp3 license do they?

@VMPort : Good suggestion, Icecast is free + streams in Mp3 for free :D I'll wait for @xprotocept to come online and I'll discuss the change with him..

It will be a good change if it works out :)

• No probs, happy to help. At least that way you can stream in mp3, use a flash player and even create a m3u listen link which should be compatible with all mp3 players.

• Hopefully you can set it on port 80 so I can listen while in the airport sometimes, since they block other ports other than 80, 22 and 21 ;)

• DanielMDanielM Member
    edited November 2011

it wont let me listen now lol

Edit: works now

@VMPort : Yup, Its the best free solution and I guess we will switch to it soon !

@Boltersdriveer : Port 80 might be tough as we have only 1 IP and well, we need the IP to serve the site :P
    @DanielM : I guess xprotocept's doin some work on the config ?

• Same songs over and over!

@birdie25 : We are working on a solution :) Join us at the IRC at http://216.245.213.232/ and suggest a few tracks :)

• Stream Status: Stream is up at 256 kbps with 1 of 32 listeners (1 unique)

Only me? :(

• @DanielM said: its useless for non-windows users

It's called vlc or mplayer.

• THANKS GOD, now all the thread spam spawning about radio is over...

Thanked by 1drmike
  • @justinb said: It's called vlc or mplayer.

they have changed it now.. so my post doesnt matter..

• haha nice. i just saw this. I use to have http://radio.cripperz.sg run by some regular online radio djs.

Maybe lets combine some efforts to make the LEB radio happen. Combine some good song list, repo for the music files when dj's are offline and a couple of leaf servers.

im keen on this to do it on my free time =P. see you guys on #lowendradio freenode !

cheers

edited December 2011

@cripperz : we use sc_trans, like autoDJ = 24 hours music :D

We could get a good track list working together, i'll chat with you on the iRC.

Thanks for joining the IRC :P

• currently listening to metticalla with no words :(

edited December 2011

@daimonb : Yeah.. I too just noticed that, I'm redownloading the album and I'll update the file, Sorry for that :P

Update : Fixed that Song :D

Also, Just added in a few more songs, after I remembered how to use "Screen" :P

• sleddogsleddog Member
    edited December 2011

Not sure I get the connection between your tracks and lowendboxes :) For me, listening to someone else's playlist gets old kinda quick.

Why not use Ventrilo or Teamspeak and set up some interviews with LEA and some of the providers & members here. There's one or two who I'm sure would love to be heard :)

You could record the interviews, develop and post a schedule for playback to make it convenient for people in different timezones.

Or could have someone -- a provider ? -- on live, and the LEB community could "call in" via Teamspeak with questions & comments. Now that would be fun...

With some real & relevant content like this your radio could become widely popular :)

I did this kind of stuff a few years back and it was lots of fun! http://www.smartlabrador.ca/home/radio_free_labrador.htm

• ZeroZero Member
    edited December 2011

@SpeedBus said: Yeah.. I too just noticed that, I'm redownloading the album and I'll update the file, Sorry for that :P

>

Update : Fixed that Song :D

My fault I guess? :(