Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter new dedicated, disappeared no power, >3hr wait for support response.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter new dedicated, disappeared no power, >3hr wait for support response.

Hi,

I've just ordered a dedicated box from delimiter. Everything seemed fine until it just disappeared halfway through getting my data uploaded to it.

Not ideal, showing up as completely dead (chassis power off.) But >3hr after putting a support ticket in no news.

Basically I'm asking from others is this the normal support timing? Is there anywhere else I should be looking that tends to offer better/faster support?

Thanked by 1Turner

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Not at the same price, I actually pay for a <4 hour response at leaseweb and they rarely get back to me in under 3 usually over 4 tbh.

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

i think you should wait at least 12hours .

Its morning (6am+) in the USA now . Maybe they will reply ticket after some time .

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

You can also try calling the support if it's urgent?

• @RIYAD said:
    Its morning (6am+) in the USA now .

I think they are based in the UK.

@Clouvider said:
    You can also try calling the support if it's urgent?

The only form of support is email, if I'm not mistaken.

• if you just want help from delimiter then pm the both @MarkTurner @mikeyur

if you need better support then @dacentec here you a new client (the support is much faster)

or @qps they are also better

but if the server is the 20$/month one then i don't hold my breath give them some time they will sort you out

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • You're paying dimes and waiting for a 5m response time?
    Be realistic please.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • Waiting for a "Delimiter Refugee Offer".

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Nomad said: You're paying dimes and waiting for a 5m response time? Be realistic please.

They "guarantee" 24/7 support so expecting a relatively fast reply, specially when the server is completely down is not so weird.

• @Nyr said:
    They "guarantee" 24/7 support so expecting a relatively fast reply, specially when the server is completely down is not so weird.

Yes, they may have 24/7 support but no where in there does it provide a promise on ticket reply time, they guarantee 24/7 support - but they do not guarantee under X amount of time ticket replies, etc.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

GCat said: Yes, they may have 24/7 support but no where in there does it provide a promise on ticket reply time, they guarantee 24/7 support - but they do not guarantee under X amount of time ticket replies, etc.

So what's 24 hours then? The time they take to get back to you?

Nah, just joking. But if my server is down and provider offers 24/7 support, I certainly expect a reasonably fast reply. No idea about the specifics of this situation, just generalizing.

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited January 2016

pkhannah said: Not ideal, showing up as completely dead (chassis power off.) But >3hr after putting a support ticket in no news.

I just spoke to them about this, your ticket was not on their dashboard. They logged into Hostbill and there it was. They've started looking at it.

Apologies, they consolidate their tickets from WHMCS and Hostbill into a single platform there have been cases recently where tickets have not copied across properly.

For now I've asked them to do a cursory check on both systems every hour in case something doesn't get pull over.

[Edit]
    FYI as this was an outage, please use the Outage Report rather than Dedicated Server Support, that is also assigned a 1 hour SLA then its automatically escalated by email. It would have caught this issue earlier.

• Wouldn't have thought many staff would be working on a weekend!

• Resolution - blade was powered back on, memory tested run - no errors.

Thanked by 2linuxthefish AuroraZ
  • @MarkTurner said:
    Resolution - blade was powered back on, memory tested run - no errors.

Shouldn't the OP been able to do that themselves through Ilo/drac or via your control panel?

Or did something go wrong that prevented that from working for some reason.

Thanked by 1switsys
  • Should have been able to power up from the dash.

• @dragon2611 said:
    Shouldn't the OP been able to do that themselves through Ilo/drac or via your control panel?

@lazyt said:
    Should have been able to power up from the dash.

That's correct.

@dragon2611 said:
    Or did something go wrong that prevented that from working for some reason.

Nope. Logs show a graceful shutdown, and then many attempts to 'reset'. But hitting reset on a powered down machine does nothing, the resolution was 'power on'.

Thanked by 2MarkTurner switsys
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited January 2016

@amhoab said:
    The only form of support is email, if I'm not mistaken.

I'm not sure that the issue has been resolved, but if you ever need to, @mikeyur can be reached at +1.4044925005 (from WHOIS) :)

• edited January 2016

@doghouch said:
    Try their WHOIS (who.is/whois/delimiter.com :)

I think @MarkTurner mentioned earlier that the number there is a fake to prevent people from circumventing ticket support.

Correct me if I am wrong or that has changed.

Edit: Was in https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/71891/where-is-the-crazy-delimiter-deals/p4

• @ALinuxNinja said:
    I think MarkTurner mentioned earlier that the number there is a fake to prevent people from circumventing ticket support.

Hmm lemme try it

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited January 2016

MarkTurner said: FYI as this was an outage, please use the Outage Report rather than Dedicated Server Support, that is also assigned a 1 hour SLA then its automatically escalated by email. It would have caught this issue earlier.

doghouch said: Hmm lemme try it

@MarkTurner already gave a perfectly reasonable method of contact, calling the whois contact seems like a sure fire way to have the pricing rethought out.

Makes me think about that saying, "Why we can't have nice things"

• mike0000mike0000 Member
    edited January 2016

@miTgiB said:
    @MarkTurner already gave a perfectly reasonable method of contact, calling the whois contact seems like a sure fire way to have the pricing rethought out.

The price increase required to provide phone support would take Delimiter out of 'low end'. I considered having a sales phone number, but was easily convinced otherwise after seeing the abuse that my team members receive via tickets.

@doghouch said:
    I'm not sure that the issue has been resolved, but if you ever need to, mikeyur can be reached at +1.4044925005 (from WHOIS) :)

If you read the thread you'd see that this issue has been long resolved.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @miTgiB said:
    Makes me think about that saying, "Why we can't have nice things"

Naw, I just wanted to see who would answer xD

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited January 2016

@mikeyur said:
    If you read the thread you'd see that this issue has been long resolved.

I saw. I like the quadix refugees page btw :)

Apart from that, you could offer phone support at a rate of e.g. $2/call or something

• doghouch said: Apart from that, you could offer phone support at a rate of e.g. $2/call or something

That may work if we employed third world workers. But $2 in the UK, wouldn't even be worth picking up the phone

• Nomad said: You're paying dimes and waiting for a 5m response time? Be realistic please. (Didn't actually mean to thank the post)

I used to pay $15/year to @skylarM at crissic and used to receive < 1m responses...

I believe it isn't the amount you pay that matters but what the service providers policy is with regards to the issue.

As a Customer - Pay a mole: Expect a mountain
    As a Service provider - Provide the worth of the deal

• ez2uk said: I used to pay $15/year to @skylarM at crissic and used to receive < 1m responses...

You mean the guy who sold that company and works for who he sold it to now?

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Were you using filezilla? I've had it kill servers (bsod) when doing mass data transfer.

• @pkhannah said:
    Hi,

I've just ordered a dedicated box from delimiter. Everything seemed fine until it just disappeared halfway through getting my data uploaded to it.

Not ideal, showing up as completely dead (chassis power off.) But >3hr after putting a support ticket in no news.

Basically I'm asking from others is this the normal support timing? Is there anywhere else I should be looking that tends to offer better/faster support?

dacentec and good company however you are taking advantage of cituaçao they were only need to take a corrective to meet more customers you soon will be the next target with all its structure we will see what you will say to your customers dacentec receive in 5 transit links 200gb ddos+ u receive double! for being a charlatan

• ShigawireShigawire Member
    edited January 2016

pkhannah said: I've just ordered a dedicated box from delimiter. Everything seemed fine until it just disappeared halfway through getting my data uploaded to it.

mikeyur said: Nope. Logs show a graceful shutdown, and then many attempts to 'reset'. But hitting reset on a powered down machine does nothing, the resolution was 'power on'.

I don't get it. Either way, good that it's working again. And nice to know that you have some protocols in place that identify urgent situations, even on low priced services.