Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is OVH going to increase bandwidth on VPS cloud line?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is OVH going to increase bandwidth on VPS cloud line?

Any news about? I just read the meta description for VPS cloud:

"Discover THE high availability hosting solution designed for web agencies! 8 GB RAM - 100 GB HDD - 250 Mbps. From $8.99/month."

250 Mbps instead of 100 would be great

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Why don't you ask them?

Thanked by 1Geekoine
  • @raindog308 said:
    Why don't you ask them?

Because they will answer into a couple of weeks:-) Anyway, I just asked.

• probably once v-rack is available.

• @Makkesk8 said:
    probably once v-rack is available.

Why?

Geekoine said: Because they will answer into a couple of weeks:-) Anyway, I just asked.

If it takes them two weeks to answer a ticket...why on earth would you want them as a provider? Seems like you answered your own question :-)

• @raindog308 said:
    If it takes them two weeks to answer a ticket...why on earth would you want them as a provider?

That is NOT a criteria of judging a provider.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@mehargags said:

Actually it is, but this criteria importance may be negligible to you.

mehargags said: That is NOT a criteria of judging a provider.

Uh, what?

It's the #1 criteria. I don't expect 10 minute response for a $5/mo server, but if I had to wait two weeks I'd be gone long before they replied.

Thanked by 2pylode colingpt
  • @raindog308 said:
    It's the #1 criteria. I don't expect 10 minute response for a $5/mo server, but if I had to wait two weeks I'd be gone long before they replied.

1.5 days and I'd be outtathere

• @Geekoine said:
    They are your best bet, wait for them to get back to you and answer that question.

Thanked by 1Geekoine
  • Ask them on twitter 6h Respond during day ;)

Thanked by 1Geekoine
  • jhjh Member

Unlikely - they've just updated the plans and they're already very cheap. However: https://www.ovh.co.uk/news/articles/a2065.2016-product-roadmap

Thanked by 1Geekoine
  • @mehargags said:

Of course it's not. BTW: I have never had a problem that required urgent support. Only minor issues.

• It would be nice... For my smaller projects it's simply not feasible to purchase the Cloud. But if they included 250Mbps I'd start buying them.

• their public cloud ram+cpu instances are already 250 Mbps as far as I can see it beeing advertised. only the ssd instances are limited to 100Mbps (just did a benchmark on them to check on).

I think their is a good chance to see them going for 250Mbps for the VPS Cloud line at least in the next time.

BTW: they lowered costs on backups within public cloud some time ago to 0.01 € per GB and month, so a snapshot of a 40G instance is around 0.40 € monthly (but they do bill some kind of hourly usage or so...) - AFAIR thats cheaper than snapshots on the VPS lines, just to mention ;-)

Thanked by 2Geekoine vimalware
  • @Falzo said:

I think their is a good chance to see them going for 250Mbps for the VPS Cloud line at least in the next time.

Indeed, the limit of 100 Mbps on the cloud vps is a bit boring, I had to add keycdn for some websites there, to avoid slowing down (keycdn is good, but I think its italian node is hosted by SeFlow, and you never know... :-)

• @mehargags said:

it is. Business = humans, not hardware. If you can't talk with people - get out from business. This is very simple.

And last, i think this guy is lying, why OVH always responce to me in 24 - 72 hours?

• Who is lying?

• FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited January 2016

desperand said: why OVH always responce to me in 24 - 72 hours?

From my experience, the phone support is quiet fast, the ticket support can take 2-14 days for responding. You're probably
    assigned to on one of their non-sleeping/understaffed support departments.

• WeblogicsWeblogics Member
    edited January 2016

I have a OVH 2016 VPS and also a public cloud system running. So far, have had 2 support tickets opened. The slowest response was just 70 minutes. The other ticket was responded to in 54 minutes. Much faster support then some providers here.

• OVH confirmed they are planning some changes for VPS, and told me to wait for official communications.

• @Geekoine said:
    OVH confirmed they are planning some changes for VPS, and told me to wait for official communications.

FWIW, I asked if they'd offer any new VPS plans with more local storage, and got:

At the moment we do not have plans to provide more product plans with more local space. In the event that our customers need more space, we usually try to encourage them to look at our soyoustart.com dedicated server line, allowing you better performances, much more local space and an affordable price.

They replied in 1 hour, 28 minutes, in case anyone was wondering.

Thanked by 2Geekoine Rolter
  • @amhoab said:
    They replied in 1 hour, 28 minutes, in case anyone was wondering.

Yesterday I had a 15 minutes network outage, and opened a ticket. After 13 hours I'm still waiting...
    It was a network problem, they should answer quickly. I'm changing my mind about OVH.

• @Geekoine said:

Was it an incident ticket or standard support ticket that you opened?

• Standard ticket for a vps cloud

@WSCallum said:
    Was it an incident ticket or standard support ticket that you opened?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

My tickets at OVH are almost always answered within 12 hours.

Thanked by 1Geekoine
  • @Geekoine said:
    Standard ticket for a vps cloud

That explains it, generally incident tickets are dealt with more quickly, although you're best just checking status.ovh.com, as incident staff tend to point you in that direction if they have a status update open for an ongoing incident which is affecting you.

Thanked by 1Geekoine
  • msg7086msg7086 Member
    edited January 2016

I had a ticket with kimsufi product line about a failure harddrive. It took 21 days for them to give the first response, and then half an hour to replace the dead drive + reinstall OS + reply the second response.

That's the only ticket I needed within 2 years usage.

So YMMV. Some people might prefer providers who fail more but respond faster.

• @WSCallum said:
    That explains it, generally incident tickets are dealt with more quickly, although you're best just checking status.ovh.com, as incident staff tend to point you in that direction if they have a status update open for an ongoing incident which is affecting you.

I didn't want to open an incident ticket for something I was sure they would have solved soon. It's some kind of "abuse", from my point of view. Still, I wanted to know the reason for the outage, as it is the second one during the same week (quite uncommon, for OVH).

• @Geekoine said:
    I didn't want to open an incident ticket for something I was sure they would have solved soon. It's some kind of "abuse", from my point of view. Still, I wanted to know the reason for the outage, as it is the second one during the same week (quite uncommon, for OVH).

I see, I thought you meant that you opened a ticket to get them to look into the problem rather than for an explanation of the problem, my apologies!

Thanked by 1Geekoine