Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Winter BLOWOUT Sale - 40% OFF FOR LIFE $$$
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Winter BLOWOUT Sale - 40% OFF FOR LIFE $$$

VirpusVirpus Member, Host Rep

Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well! Our winter BLOWOUT SALE is back for a limited time only. Use promo code winter2016 for - 40% OFF FOR LIFE - on all our Pure SSD VPS products!

Xen powered and located in either Seattle or Kansas City!

PURE SSD VPS :

---- Core 2 - Ram 512MB - SSD Disk 15GB - BW 1.5TB - $3/month

---- Core 4 - Ram 1GB - SSD Disk 30GB - BW 3TB - $4.2/month

---- + PLENTY MORE OFFERS!

Linux Orders Here
Windows Orders Here

All services are XEN powered and instantly activated upon clearing our fraud tests (even our Bare Metal Cloud). Feel free to PM us with any questions.

-Virpus Team

Comments

• EXTREMELY NOT RECOMMENDED.

TICKETS TAKE WEEKS TO RESOLVE.
    CONSTANT NETWORK PROBLEMS.
    REALLY BAD PERFORMANCE.

• @Traffic said:
    EXTREMELY NOT RECOMMENDED.

REALLY BAD PERFORMANCE.

Sounds like oversold nodes?

• edited January 2016

fuck i thought this is cest pit

• VirpusVirpus Member, Host Rep

Really? Can you please provide a ticket number so we can verify you're a customer? Because that sounds outrageous.

@Traffic said:
    EXTREMELY NOT RECOMMENDED.

REALLY BAD PERFORMANCE.

• @Virpus said:
    Really? Can you please provide a ticket number so we can verify you're a customer? Because that sounds outrageous.

Not outrageous at all. I totally forgot to put in a negative vote for you guys... Oh well.

• @Jonchun said:
    Not outrageous at all. I totally forgot to put in a negative vote for you guys... Oh well.

Lol. Welp.

Thanked by 1Jonchun

@Jonchun @NodeKid, are either of you an existing client? If so, can you please provide a previous ticket # so we can verify?

If not, the company changed hands mid 2015 and the new owners upgraded things across the board. Maybe most importantly, the entire service team was overhauled and brought in-house.

If you, or anyone else on this board, were a client prior to the change of ownership, we're willing to give you a FREE month of service so you can draw your own conclusion on the "new" Virpus. We're confident you won't be let down. Also just an FYI... Ken is no longer part of the organization.

Regards,
    Kevin

@Jonchun said:

@NodeKid said:

• MridulMridul Member
    edited January 2016

Well, I was a old client of yours ( Im not sure if Virpus was sold after that ) had 10-15 servers, got spam on one VPS , It was Terminated without notice ( horrible ! )and when I asked for a proof ( just to hand it over to the client ) I was told :

"We cant do business wit you, find another provider"

I was their "Official Reseller" , They ruined me.

I moved on to find some really good hosts who are a million times more understanding and helpful.

• I lost about $120, all of my vms were gone with the wind, data was gone, clients gone, bad, bad experiences.

Sorry you had to go through that experience, but I'm more than confident that was old ownership. There's no way our staff would have handled things in that manner. If you'd like to provide a ticket #, I can certainly verify that for you.

Happy you found other hosts that meet your needs. We'd love a chance to work with you again at some point in the future given the ownership changes and upgrades which have occurred at Virpus since your departure. As mentioned above, we'd be willing to comp you a free month to demonstrate the changes.

Thanks for your time and have a great day.

-Virpus team.

@Mridul said:
    Well, I was a old client of yours ( Im not sure if Virpus was sold after that ) had 10-15 servers, got spam on one VPS , It was Terminated without notice ( horrible ! )and when I asked for a proof ( just to hand it over to the client ) I was told :

"We cant do business wit you, find another provider"

I was their "Official Reseller" , They ruined me.

I moved on to find some really good hosts who are a million times more understanding and helpful.

Hi @tenpera ,

When did this occur? If within the last 6 months, can you please provide a ticket # for verification? If not within the last 6 months, as mentioned above the company changed hands in mid 2015 and there's been major changes, including the entire service team being overhauled and brought in-house.

As mentioned to others on this board... we'd be happy to comp you a free month to prove things are much, much different than your prior experiences.

Regards,
    Virpus Team

@tenpera said:
    I lost about $120, all of my vms were gone with the wind, data was gone, clients gone, bad, bad experiences.

• @Virpus sorry for off topic, why don't you create a new brand rather than picked up a fuked up brand !? You might get old clients, equipment.. and such but I don't think it's worth it. Fuked up for you from the beginning.

Thanked by 1Virpus

Nah, we don't believe in destroying brands. No matter how horrible Virpus/Ken were prior to sale, there's still a company behind that brand. Maybe POS one, but it's still there.

We know it will take awhile to turn around the awful experiences some have portrayed here... but everyone loves a good turn around story, right? It starts with service, and that's what we've corrected from the beginning. We've tweaked the product lines and will continue to upgrade infrastructure and add-ons over the +12 months.

Hopefully some of you will revisit us in the years to come.

@namhuy said:
    Virpus sorry for off topic, why don't you create a new brand rather than picked up a fuked up brand !? You might get old clients, equipment.. and such but I don't think it's worth it. Fuked up for you from the beginning.

• AverageGuyAverageGuy Member
    edited January 2016

I tried to get the $4.20 price, but it didn't seem to have a way to request it. It wanted $7. I would have PM'ed but figured someone else might have the same question.

After clicking "checkout", there's an area at the bottom left to enter a promotion code. Use "winter2016" which will give you the $4.20 price.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Thanks!

@AverageGuy said:
    I tried to get the $4.20 price, but it didn't seem to have a way to request it. It wanted $7. I would have PM'ed but figured someone else might have the same question.