Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Beta Testers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Beta Testers

clubuptimeclubuptime Member
edited November 2011 in General

We're looking for a bunch of people to test our new Server Monitoring platform. It's been developed by us from the ground up and we've just brought it into public beta about two days ago.

Essentially, we're going to be offering notifications that are a lot more "real time" than other monitoring services offer. With multiple servers polling for outages at any given point in time, we also help eliminate false positives before a report is generated and sent.

Best yet: upon product launch, notifications will be offered in four ways.
1) Automated Telephone Calls
2) SMS Messages
3) Desktop Notifications (Windows/OS X, Linux coming later on)
4) Email notifications

During the beta program, only email notifications will be enabled unless requested via ticket. Desktop notifications will be enabled during the beta program as the applications are completed and ready for testing.

If you're interested in being a part of the beta process, please visit https://my.clubuptime.com/register

And please, before starting a potential flame war, please read our Open Letter at http://www.clubuptime.com/openletter/

The entirety of the income from this project is dedicated to paying off those who we still owe refunds to. Helping us ensure our product is stable helps us get people paid back what we owe while at the same time helping us create an awesome product that everyone can enjoy and use.

Thanked by 1Mon5t3r

Comments

• Signed up. I'm interested to see what solutions Club Uptime will be able to develop through these.

• @clubuptime said: The entirety of the income from this project is dedicated to paying off those who we still owe refunds to.

Interesting. Still waitin' on mine!

• I saw the lines on https://my.clubuptime.com/dashboard

Warning: array_reverse() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home/myclub/public_html/libs/classes/users.class.php on line 710

Warning: array_slice() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home/myclub/public_html/libs/classes/users.class.php on line 711

• @Giang, that should be corrected at this time.

• @clubuptime said: @Giang, that should be corrected at this time.

You are really fast. +1 :D

• clubuptimeclubuptime Member
    edited November 2011

I'm glad you think so: We're trying hard to get this squared away quickly :)

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2011

/me signed up :)

BTW. Bug: At signup when you submit the form you have some bad coding that displays the page twice :) Also all emails from you go to my SPAM by default on GMail.

This site actually looks like it will be pretty good.

• Are you hashing your passwords?

• @Daniel said: Are you hashing your passwords?

Basics, surely they do.. but maybe not :D

Thanked by 2Infinity drmike
  • @Daniel: All of our passwords are hashed with SHA512. Credit cards are encrypted with AES 256, which far exceeds PCI Compliance standards.

Security is something that we do take into consideration ;)

• {humour}So passwords are twice as secure than credit card information? 512 vs 256?{/humour}

• Quick Survey: What are your favorite payment gateways to utilize as a consumer/buyer?

We're already going to implement Google Checkout and direct credit card processing, but we want to be able to accept things that people actively use/want to use.

• Yes Google Checkout is good choice. People actually get their money back if something go wrong :D

• nochex or alertpay or google wallet (google ceckout)

• Do you think that many people would benefit from a low-cost distributed DNS platform? I know a lot of people do like DNS platforms for hosted name servers, but I tend to see people wanting them from their VPS providers and such.

Possibly even an API system for providers to be able to offer distributed DNS easily?

• @clubuptime said: Do you think that many people would benefit from a low-cost distributed DNS platform?

I don't. I find most folks just use their registrar's nameservers.

• we've hit our 75th beta tester. We expect the beta to be operating for about another week or so before we mark everything as stable. We're asking that anyone who wants to participate, please do so! All active beta users will be able eligible for discounts upon product release, so we are going to help make it worth your time :)

• justinbjustinb Member
    edited December 2011

@clubuptime said: @Daniel: All of our passwords are hashed with SHA512. Credit cards are encrypted with AES 256, which far exceeds PCI Compliance standards.

use bcrypt, along with a nonce on the filesystem and out of the database in case of SQLi so it requires dual compromising

(and hmac)