Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is SeFlow any good? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is SeFlow any good?

2»

Comments

• Mark_R said: What now? are we going to dig up this fail over and over again?

welcome to LET ?!

• @Mark_R said:
    Matteo made a wrong move, he got called out for it. What now? are we going to dig up this fail over and over again? personally i get a bit tired of this continous bashing, its so pointless, if matteo was delivering a bad service or did run some kind of scam then it would've been totally justified to keep bashing him and his company but he did none of that so far.

Are you for real? Matteo accused somebody of a very serious offence and then proceeded to make up more bullshit up. How can you not seem to understand that it's not a "fail" as a fail is usually a mistake or accident... This was an attack directed towards a user without any evidence to back up the claims.

• @Mark_R said:
    Matteo made a wrong move, he got called out for it. What now? are we going to dig up this fail over and over again?

Yes. If someone asks about them, why shouldn't they be told about the screw ups? Let's be honest here, this isn't exactly minor either.

We can also point to the complete hash they made of @anthonysmith's LES Italy service too, that resulting in him having to move providers are months of trying to resolve it. I suspect a lot of us were actually indirectly suffering customers during this incident.

The point being, this isn't just one incident, there's a pattern of unbecoming behaviour that appears consistent. The Interpol stuff is just the most recent (and biggest incident).

You're happy with service? Great, then say so. No one is stopping you. Just don't expect people who have witnessed the bad side of SeFlow to stay quiet (whether directly or indirectly).

Thanked by 2Kris VPSAddict
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2016

SeFlow offer a good service at a good price however they are completely inflexible and if you need them to be involved in anything technical post sale your pretty much up shit creak without a paddle and Matteo makes everything personal.

At least 5 run ins with him myself before I moved on, if you manage to go above his head his bosses will tell him to stfu and get on with it.

It can be like talking to a call center, the first thing he will do is look for a reason not to do something and only after eliminating everything else will he do it.

Example, their bind servers were hacked and it took them 6 months to bring it back because Matteo was in charge of doing that and he refused to give an ETA at any point quoting he has other priorities such as his Easter holidays and other things he wont discuss with customers.

All that said I think SeFlow has done a great job in terms of the actual product but like any great company, it only takes 1 nob head to get a foot hold on the place and turn it in to a nightmare for everyone else.

edit: p.s. the bundled ddos protection should be considered basic, if you actually want protection you need to pay.

Thanked by 3Kris MikePT vimalware
  • Is there anyone else there besides MatteoB? I never was under the impression that there is a bunch of people. The only person that ever answered tickets there was him, back when I was with SeFlow.

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited January 2016

I very much agree with @AnthonySmith.

I had some services with them and a customer of mine did too. Service is very good for the price. Nothing is perfect and the network is a bit shitty, but considering the price is still a great deal.

They are among the best bang for the buck on many of the services they sell. Still, I can't trust them after some of their actions. Just like I don't trust OVH but still recognize their great deals.

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited January 2016

Yes i agree with you. We decided in past keep customization on hardware, but we need to put priority in todo list to keep service with high quality.

For example i took some month to enable you the rdns on IPv6. I know that for you is very important but, from time we enabled it we received only 2 ipv6 rdns request. this should not be an excuse, and i know that now, with new customer base, we can handle that request types in acceptable time. My dream is to offer high skilled technical support and staff that can follow in all parts the customer keeping that prices, but i know that this is really really hard to do.

In these months we're trying to kick off dangerous customers with high abuse rate (tricky stories is an example). When i started that job i knew that this will cause SeFlow being unpopular on some specific customer, but ths is not important, because are customers that we're trying to eliminate. With that job i'm seeing better ticket reply response (about 10 minutes atm) and 80% off abuses. This will permit our staff to handle better customer request. There is lot job to do to be one of better company with higher skill but i think we're in good direction.

For the network and protection, we removed problematic (and cheaper uplink), now we had only premium provider like level3 and NTT and do direct peering on some IX. Also we increased filters adding 3x power protection and we not had any packet loss in last months.

I was not friendly in past, and i admit it, and if you felt bad i want send you public excuse, but was caused by a bad customers mix that generated for me too lot work (too work mean lower customer focus). Now. i think we're reached the customer base i want and now i not had any excuse, only trusted customers that do right business, so is easier for us work with them.

For other 4-5 people that still hit me in that forum, i simply ignore them, because are same peoples that are in the tricky crew and are not in my interest anymore. My only error in that story was public some details in public forum and i will not repeat it.

@Amitz said:
    Is there anyone else there besides MatteoB? I never was under the impression that there is a bunch of people. The only person that ever answered tickets there was him, back when I was with SeFlow.

We are structured company, please read here http://seflow.net/2/index.php/en/company/about-us

As you can see we published full management team with a "watchmen cover". We own full structure and onapp published some articles about our cloud structure. If you had any doubt, please feel free to visit our datacenter and i will be happy to eat with you in our internal japanese restaurant and show our structure, i think you will be impressed how seflow is not so little company ;)

Please not esitate to contact me directly to matteob [at] seflow [dot] net .

Have good monday evening

Regards

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@matteob ok fair enough, you are technically competent no one should dispute that, regarding everything else, time will be the true test.

Thanked by 3matteob MikePT Kris
  • @matteob - I'll be giving SeFlow a try... Is it possible I am able to have a trial to see if I like it? I'm particularly interested in your smallest "flex cloud" size.

• I believe everyone can "have a trial" for 5 EUR.

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited January 2016

@VPSAddict said:

Yes sure, please send me email to matteob [at] seflow [dot] net i will give you details.

Thank you

Thanked by 1VPSAddict
  • VPSAddictVPSAddict Member
    edited January 2016

@matteob said:
    Thank you

Okay, I have sent you an email. Thanks for the opportunity and I am excited to try your services. Thanks!

• @matteob said:
    Thank you

I would like to as well, can you send a pm?

• @sandro said:

Yes sure, please send me email with product you're interested and i will give you a try.

Regards

• My only error in that story was public some details in public forum and i will not repeat it.

Making it all up was a pretty big error too.

• matteobmatteob Barred
    edited January 2016

@Nekki, you're offtopic now, please if you had feedback feel free to contact me directly to matteob [at] seflow [dot] net and i will be happy to read and discuss with you.

Thank you for your comprehension

• Oh lol, dangerous customers with high abuse rates. Like the 0 abuse messages you received for my account? Am I an example of a dangerous customer because I opened a support ticket when you had network problems?

If I had enough money to throw away or had more time I would sue you for being a big dickhead.

Thanked by 1Kris
  • @matteob said:
    Nekki, you're offtopic now, please if you had feedback feel free to contact me directly to matteob [at] seflow [dot] net and i will be happy to read and discuss with you.

Thank you for your comprehension

No, I'm not off topic, this is very much the topic and it doesn't stop being the topic just because you say so.

Thanked by 2Amitz Kris
  • @tr1cky said:
    Oh lol, dangerous customers with high abuse rates. Like the 0 abuse messages you received for my account? Am I an example of a dangerous customer because I opened a support ticket when you had network problems?

If I had enough money to throw away or had more time I would sue you for being a big dickhead.

yeah for sure. a person with fake data behind a chain of something like perfect-privacy/ovpn.to and vicsocks sues a real life person.

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • @Butters said:
    yeah for sure. a person with fake data behind a chain of something like perfect-privacy/ovpn.to and vicsocks sues a real life person.

Climb back into the hole you came out of.

• I have a issue with seflow.it.
    I was use Hetzer dedicated servers. But i try seflow.it dedicated servers. It's not good services.
    I have a:
    Intel I7 8700 4,2Ghz Hexa-Core
    480GB SSD
    4000GB sATA
    250Mbps Unmetered bantwith.

Problem is network!
    Its not 250mbps. I am live in Turkey but i have 6mbps upload/download speed from my server to home(i have 20mbps internet).
    I am making speed test for europe/uk/usa and many countries but average 10mbps speed! Its not 250mbps. I am open ticked from seflow.it but they are telling lies and many excuses. And they can send my money back.

United statest tests:
    https://www.speedtest.net/result/8532110422
    https://www.speedtest.net/result/8532113090
    United Kingdom test:
    https://www.speedtest.net/result/8532115152
    And another Turkey test
    https://ttnet.speedtestcustom.com/re...7-97caa74609e5
    https://turknet2.speedtestcustom.com...1-43a3b566822d

Last words not buy anythink from SEFLOW.it

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Bore off mate.

Thanked by 2ITLabs lazyt