Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Kimsufi productline - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Kimsufi productline

2»

Comments

• My 4815 from Online kills the KS-3C, we need better options OVH!

• @ManofServer said:
    My 4815 from Online kills the KS-3C, we need better options OVH!

Why would OVH be trying to better an offer that's no longer available?

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • @Nekki said:
    Why would OVH be trying to better an offer that's no longer available?

But what if the offer comes back to life, they gotta have backup plans right

• @ManofServer said:
    But what if the offer comes back to life, they gotta have backup plans right

They really don't, and even if they did, why would they show their hand before Online?

Sorry mate, but you're in a dreamworld. Just be happy that you got that 4815, because I doubt you're going to get a better deal than that for some time to come.

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • Just canceled my 4815... Wish it was possible to (fully) transfer it to other users.
    Still, it's a great box.

• wlambrechtswlambrechts Member
    edited January 2016

Damn: I still got the 4815 (19 €) as well as the old KS-3 with 2 GB RAM / 2 TB HDD for 14,99€ and I will need to choose at the end of the month (have no use for both of them). Neither configurations will come back at these prices I guess ... Will also be cancelling my KS-1 (again) and my 10$/month Core2Duo at WSI...

• Has anyone tried buying the new plans that are 1TB space but is actually given 2TB?

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited January 2016

I have 3 KS servers and got lucky with each one. The average up-time across all 3 of them is over 10 months now.

• 2 x KS-2: Both of them came with 2TB drives.
    • 1 x KS-3: Came with i5-3570S (CPU Bench - 6568) instead of i5-750 (CPU Bench - 3740) and a 2TB drive.

Since they're Kimsufi servers, I don't host anything mission critical on any of them. They are all used for back-ups or testing/development purposes, and offer excellent VFM.

With the price hike across the new KS line, I am certainly going to hold on to these servers for quite some time!

• @K4Y5 said:
    I have 3 KS servers and got lucky with each one. The average up-time across all 3 of them is over 10 months now.

• 2 x KS-2: Both of them came with 2TB drives.
    • 1 x KS-3: Came with i5-3570S (CPU Bench - 6568) instead of i5-750 (CPU Bench - 3740) and a 2TB drive.

Since they're Kimsufi servers, I don't host anything mission critical on any of them. They are all used for back-ups or testing/development purposes, and offer excellent VFM.

With the price hike across the new KS line, I am certainly going to hold on to these servers for quite some time!

Did you buy them after or before the new plans came in?

• @Ruriko said:
    Did you buy them after or before the new plans came in?

Bought all of them within span of a week way before the new product line was released, as indicated by the up-time of over 10 months :P

Thanked by 1Mathias
  • Ok I can confirm that you can get 2TB on the KS-4B plan. It's all about luck! anyway has anyone got the old pricing of the plans so I can compare with the new plans?