Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[UGVPS] Should i rebrand? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[UGVPS] Should i rebrand?

Comments

• @UGVPS said: I've had a couple of people tell me i should rebrand the company.

Use IRC as a contrarian indicator.

• @miTgib @Zen

How many people NOT on IRC have said the same thing about the name though... That's why i started this thread and all it did was confirm that i really should change the name and pick it wisely because it will not be changed again.

• @UGVPS said: How many people NOT on IRC have said the same thing about the name though...

Did you get this idea from IRC though? I use IRC opinion as do the opposite. I really like IRC, I enjoy goofing off in there, but sound business ideas are very rare there. think of IRC as the Life cereal commercial, they hate everything.

I didn't see your answer, but someone asked, what does UG mean? I mean if it is UglyGirlVPS, yeah, might be a good idea, but UberGirlVPS you can run with.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2012

I'm on IRC and not on IRC at the same time, I say rebrand! I said it to you from da start. :P

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@WhizzWr said: UG... reminds me of those UGNAZI skiddies :/

This.

• IRC or not, Its bad. There are what 2-3 people fighting me to keep the name? The decision to rebrand has been made. I'm researching ideas as we speak. I'll keep everyone posted.

• I do like the name uglygirlvps. Very Geek Sheik.

When we thought of our name it was wanting to be the gold standard in hosting.

• @UGVPS - What ever you decide on - forget branding as the be all and end all. Most people don't understand what a brand is (especially brand consultants), or that it is 1 thing out of 100+ things that needs to be thought about when marketing. Things that trump brand, names of company etc are what @ElliotJ pointed out, Reputation as well as Positioning.

• UpGradedVPS.

• OGVPS

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2012

Some suggestion

• UptimeGuaranteeVPS
    • 24kvps
    • 24kgVPS < :)
  • marcmmarcm Member
    edited November 2012

@UGVPS I would go with tlcvps.com - the domain name is still available. Total Love & Care VPS. What could be better than that?

• @marcm said: @UGVPS I would go with tlcvps.com - the domain name is still available. Total Love & Care VPS. What could be better than that?

Not anymore

edited November 2012

@marcm said: @UGVPS I would go with tlcvps.com - the domain name is still available. Total Love & Care VPS. What could be better than that?

Egh, you should've been around when (I think it was Shane) was here, he said he was going to buy a domain because it's available or something along the lines of that and Salvatore registered it before him then gave it to him but yeah, that should serve as a lesson.. :)

• @Infinity Agreed, a PM would have been better.

• Hey.. Y'know if my VPS provider wants to give me Tender, Loving Care that's fine.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@eastonch said: give me Tender, Loving Care

I've seen enough pictures of providers here. I'd prefer they didn't.

• @jarland said: I've seen enough pictures of providers here. I'd prefer they didn't.

While I'm happily married and I wouldn't give anyone any kind of tender love other than to my own wife, I wouldn't say that I look that bad...

marcm

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@marcm said: I wouldn't say that I look that bad

Something about facial hair and not being female that just turns me off.

• @jarland said: Something about facial hair and not being female that just turns me off.

Lol, well it's not supposed to turn you on in the first place :P

• With all due respect when I saw UGVPS for the first time, my mind read it out as "ugly VPS".

• NateN34NateN34 Member
    edited November 2012

@draco said: With all due respect when I saw UGVPS for the first time, my mind read it out as "ugly VPS".

My first though was "UG Nazi", as in the hacking group. Then my second thought was yours........."ugly vps".

• So what does "UGVPS" stand for in the end? Please tell us, we all want to know :)

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

UGVPS - uberly good vps.

• Imho UGVPS sounds like UnderGround VPS, so some kind of kiddy host.

• @rds100 GOOG says: Underground VPS

@rds100 said: So what does "UGVPS" stand for in the end? Please tell us, we all want to know :)

Apparently according to the queen herself ( @UGVPS ), it doesn't mean anything. At least that's what she said in IRC to @mitgib.

• @Infinity

This is correct. The name does not currently have any meaning. I'm still looking over options ill keep you guys posted when i figure out what I'm doing.

• @DewlanceVPS said: UptimeGuaranteeVPS

no.

This discussion has been closed.