Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Kimsufi productline
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Kimsufi productline

Just visited Kimsufi's website (kimsufi.com): it seems they have different servers, but I have the intention they have become more expensive ?

I still have a KS-3 with i5-3570s with 16GB/2TB for 14,99 €/month. Now for a 1 TB drive it costs 19,99€/month ?

Comments

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

though they have more available now!

Thanked by 1Sokaris07
  • They are definitely closer than my Atlanta dedi.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • This just makes it harder for me to decide on keeping my current KS-3, as I also have a limited edition at online.net

• I won't be buying one now, maybe some time later. It's still my first month with delimiter, and I haven't done any benchmarks and the server's solid. I got my first 2TB drive yesterday with kimsufi, so it's too early to jump servers.

Thanked by 2netomx MarkTurner
  • I've taken a punt on a KS-3C, I've got a similarly priced i3 with Delimiter but I would prefer to have my stuff in France rather than Atlanta if those are my 2 choices.

• Delivered just as I finished typing that.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Meh, got the 2130, but it's not a big difference between that and the 3240.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@Nekki said:
    Meh, got the 2130, but it's not a big difference between that and the 3240.

Burn it with Prime95 and claim the replacement on failed hardware :)

Thanked by 2netomx lifehome
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited January 2016

Nekki said: Meh, got the 2130, but it's not a big difference between that and the 3240.

Same here, I have went from most of my personal hardware in the US to the EU in the last year or so. Suits me.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • It seems to be a price increase.。。

• I'm having a i3-3240 with 2TB hard drive for $20.99.

Seems cheaper now, but replacing it takes $13.99 setup fee not worth it.

• Depends on how long you plan to keep it.

msg7086 said: Seems cheaper now, but replacing it takes $13.99 setup fee not worth it.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • zevuszevus Member
    edited January 2016

@msg7086 said:
    I'm having a i3-3240 with 2TB hard drive for $20.99.

Seems cheaper now, but replacing it takes $13.99 setup fee not worth it.

on kimsufi.ie, that's €16.99 , or $18.43

2130 is € 14.99

setup fee is €9.99, $10.84

• KS-3A AMD Opteron 4122

WTF?!?

• @GM2015 said:

@zevus said:

Yea, but also need to take into account the time spent to move the stuff between them, re-configure everything, etc.

• Trying a KS-3C in BHS, been more than 120 seconds, I wonder if I win anything when they don't deliver in time.

• I gave it a try and received the 2130....

• Why does it feel like playing roulette when buying from kimsufi lol

Thanked by 1netomx
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited January 2016

webcraft said: Opteron 4122

2c / 4t <- this is wrong btw, this CPU has 4 real cores. cpu-world.com/CPUs/K10/AMD-Opteron%204122%20OS4122WLU4DGN%20(OS4122WLU4DGNWOF).html

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited January 2016

2130 here as well... RBX in France..

• sinsin Member
    edited January 2016

I want that KS-2B in BHS for $11 but I'm never quick enough to get those smaller Kimsufis.

Thanked by 1Riz
  • agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Would love to get a KS-5 in BHS but I've never seen them in stock when I've looked.

• joodle said: 2130 here as well... RBX in France..

I'm thinking the other ones are in BHS only, but tbh for the price I can't bring myself to care too much.

Thanked by 1BlazeMuis
  • Anyone know ovh official position on whether this affects pricing of existing ks3 owners?

(I got lucky and received 3570S in September.)

• @vimalware said:
    Anyone know ovh official position on whether this affects pricing of existing ks3 owners?

(I got lucky and received 3570S in September.)

Prices dont change as new packages come out

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • That one is a Dedibox XC killer if you don't need 1 Gbps:

KS-3C Core™ i3-2130/3240 4059 2c / 4t 3.4 GHz+ 8 GB 2 TB 100 Mbps /128 16,99 €

I hope Online.net will respond. Sadly OVH still does not use larger SSD in Kimsufi.

• @Spacedust said:
    That one is a Dedibox XC killer if you don't need 1 Gbps:

I hope Online.net will respond. Sadly OVH still does not use larger SSD in Kimsufi.

I was considering the same one. does someone know how it can be compared to the i7 920?

• RurikoRuriko Member
    edited January 2016

I wonder if they still give 2TB space even though the plan says 1TB.

• @inthecloudblog said:
    I was considering the same one. does someone know how it can be compared to the i7 920?

Core i7 920 is a bit faster and it has 4 cores + HT = 8 threads total

• @Ruriko said:
    I wonder if they still give 2TB space even though the plan says 1TB.

If the whole machine is the same spec as before then seems logical that there's still the chance - I'm assuming the configurations a were pre-built and racked so they stay in circulation.