Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[UGVPS] Should i rebrand?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[UGVPS] Should i rebrand?

UGVPSUGVPS Member
edited November 2012 in Providers

Hello everyone,

I've had a couple of people tell me i should rebrand the company. Any thoughts? I'm honestly thinking about it and would like to get some input from the community. After the recent success from the LEB post this month I'm wondering if a rebranding would be good for me.

Thanks guys for all your input in advance!

Crystal

Comments

• jhjh Member

Why are you considering rebranding?

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited November 2012

GirlieVPS

:D:D

• I just had a few people tell me i should. right now im just seeing what other people in the community think. Lol @ william

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Whenever I see your company name I say "Ug" outloud. While the sound is not something I would associate with something I would want to buy, I will never forget the name.

• Let's hope the "Ugg" company doesn't try to claim they own the copyright of all words starting with "Ug" :)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2012

UG in russian is a very very known internet slang abbreviation which means "Унылое Говно", i.e. "Dismal Crap" :p But I suppose this should not be an issue for english-speaking customers :)

• UGVPS doesnt sound great to my ears (first impression) but you've consistently impressed with your communications so I never thought twice about the name. Not sure if that helps... If you do rebrand I'd suggest avoiding "node" (too many now!) ;)

• what does ugvps mean?

• CrystalVPS is nice

• +1 for CrystalVPS

• WhizzWrWhizzWr Member
    edited November 2012

UG... reminds me of those UGNAZI skiddies :/

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

You should also consider a name without vps in it :-)

• @jcaleb said: CrystalVPS is nice

Thanked by (2): SimpleNode, zafouhar.

• UG, i thought it was stand for UnderGround.

• CCH - Crystal Clear Hosting =P

I dont know i've been giving some names a thought. Ill get back to you when i seriously get some together.

• i think its fine.

• One thing i will tell you guys, if this does happen im not changing the name again. This is going to take a lot of thought.

• @craigb

Aww man i was going to pick "A simply rammed node"

Now my plans are RUINED!!!!! Lol

• Ugh. If you're serious about non niche customers, you absolutely need to rebrand.

• @used That is one hell of an interesting link in your signature =P

Yes I'm making a list up now.

• @ugvps, we do have and like our niche :-)

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Why you want to rebrand your VPS?

Its a easy to remember "UGvps" and only 5 character domain name :)

• UG part of the name has many negatives in languages.

I see nothing wrong with it though. Short domain.

Wouldn't mind seeing a VPS provider that indicated woman owned and was a tad less sterile or dark, instead more down to earth :)

• @DewlanceVPS

This is true and 99.9% of the reasons i went with it to begin with. However, after recent feedback and opinions I believe the business would be a lot more successful under a different name. It makes me wonder how many potential sales I've lost because of the name itself. There was a few people who said they wouldn't even buy because of the name. However, i think that is silly but lets face it this is the way the world is and if i want to be successful. I need to have a better name for this company. This is how i truly feel at this point.

• @pubcrawler

I'm in the process of launching a new website design right now and it is bright, I believe that will also increase customer feedback as well. You will see the new site in the next coming days. Its a lot of work!

• @ugvps = check afternic/& related, a 4-5 character .com can still be had for under $1k-

• I wouldn't change anything. So many hosts, so many names.. it doesn't really make difference.
    But if... if you really have urge to pick new name I would suggest you something as @prometeus said. Don't limit yourself with "Blah..VPS" brand name. Think longterm and don't associate your business name strictly with VPS hosting only.

@prometeus said: You should also consider a name without vps in it :-)

• @spirit

Another good point, recently I've added dedicated and shared hosting (still being worked on) in my lineup This is another reason for the re branding.

• jhjh Member
    edited November 2012

@prometeus said: You should also consider a name without vps in it :-)

+1

You need something that'll work regardless of what you're selling, in case you decide to branch out.

• On LEB/LET, it's not the name that defines the company but rather the quality of products offered. At least that's what I've noticed.
    For example, I've chosen Edis.at and Hostigation VPSs not because of their marketing prowess but because of recommendations from other members.

TL;DR - I'd personally put my time and effort into fine tuning those nodes and being active in the community. :)

This discussion has been closed.