Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netcup.eu Root Server (SSD) Reviews? - Monster Deal
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Netcup.eu Root Server (SSD) Reviews? - Monster Deal

ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
edited January 2016 in Help

Hey,

Who got any review about this company? I checked this in Germany and seems they are the number one provider in Vservers. I mean they got 5 star and many many good reviews.

https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1208

Thats what i need for now hm.

Thanked by 1Geekoine

Comments

• They are solid. Don't even know why they only guarantee 99,6% uptime, I have one of their netcup-labs test servers which are free and I can't remember any downtime in over a year.

What they advertise as DDoS-protection is more like auto-nullroute though.

Thanked by 1Geekoine
  • is it kvm?

• @tr1cky said:
    They are solid. Don't even know why they only guarantee 99,6% uptime, I have one of their netcup-labs test servers which are free and I can't remember any downtime in over a year.

What they advertise as DDoS-protection is more like auto-nullroute though.

So they are ready for production?

DDOS protection is 5gbps as i see. Check it:
    https://www.netcup.eu/ueber-netcup/ddos-schutz-filter.php

• @Geekoine said:
    is it kvm?

Yes. And dedicated cores. They got a monster CPU

Thanked by 1Geekoine
  • @ZweiTiger said:
    Yes. And dedicated cores. They got a monster CPU

I saw the CPU, so I asked:-) Amazing

• draziloxdrazilox Member
    edited January 2016

I was a customer a few years ago and they were alright. One downside definitely is that when I wanted to cancel the service, I had to fax them a signed letter requesting it, and still had to pay a extra month.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited January 2016

Eh, that Xeon® E5-2660V3 has 10 Cores, and 20 with HT, i am sure they dont gonna put only 2 VPS's on one box.

Which brings it down to 0.8k bench for a single core = shitty atom.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited January 2016

Well, they say "2 dedicated cores" when following the link, but "2 virtual cores" on the corresponding overview page...

• all prices include german VAT, and you can get the small one even cheaper on a one year contract term: https://www.netcup.de/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1285

be sure to read and understand what you sign up to, when choosing a longer contract term. and how to cancel them properly and in a timely manner - as drazilox said that may become tr1cky with german providers, if you are not used to ;-)

can't say much about their quality of service though, haven't used them by now.

Thanked by 1Geekoine
  • drazilox said: I had to fax them a signed letter requesting it, and still had to pay a extra month.

Yep that is pretty common in germany unfortunately. You have to really watch out for the contract/billing period and cancel it in time.

Apart from that I had several boxes with them and there is not much to say, they were pretty solid. By the way how much traffic do those boxes have? Back then when I was a customer of them it was "fair use" and they can put you on a slower "high traffic" node whenever they want. That's what I worried a bit, because I didn't know if they would do that at 1TB or 10..

• drazilox said: I had to fax them a signed letter requesting it, and still had to pay a extra month

This is like server4you.com does. They ask you to "cancel" contract by fax or letter. Nasty deal.

• When I signed up in ~2014, I got a mail saying something like I have to validate myself if they can't find me in a public phone book, never heard from them again... Maybe because I wrote them to fuck off couple minutes later, as I smelled the need to submit my id.

• ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
    edited January 2016

@LTniger said:

I just ignored their emails. What they could from Germany... nothing haha. (they got an online form about the cancellation , not need letter anymore)

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited January 2016

@ZweiTiger said:

I just ignored their emails. What they could from Germany... nothing haha.

As being from Germany myself, you really encourage me to become your customer one day...
    Some of you 'providers' here should take a lesson in "how not to ruin my public image by thinking before posting".

• Your details will now be checked by one of our members of staff. If your details are not listed in a telephone directory or if there are other irregularities, we will need to validate your address by phoning you or writing to you.

• ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
    edited January 2016

@Amitz said:
    Some of you 'providers' here should take a lesson in "how not to ruin my public image by thinking before posting".

Actually the cancel done via an online page. They not need anymore letter.

Well after that they sent me many emails about why i leave. Because their uptime is well.. very bad.

So thats the true story sorry. I am not so evil like that :P

@cassa said:

> Your details will now be checked by one of our members of staff. If your details are not listed in a telephone directory or if there are other irregularities, we will need to validate your address by phoning you or writing to you.
    > 

And they need a bank transfer first. Pleae note.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited January 2016

So you have been with them, but ask us for reviews? Sorry, but I don't get it...

@ZweiTiger said:
    Hey,

Who got any review about this company? I checked this in Germany and seems they are the number one provider in Vservers. I mean they got 5 star and many many good reviews.

https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1208

Thats what i need for now hm.

• are there any benchmark from them or serverbear results? Looks very interesting.

• @Amitz said:
    So you have been with them, but ask us for reviews? Sorry, but I don't get it...

The last commant was with server4you.com. I never tried netcup because they need bank transfer first.

Thats why i ask :)

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • Now I get it! ;-)

• @desperand said:
    are there any benchmark from them or serverbear results? Looks very interesting.

here:
    https://rcvd.io/2015/06/13/aktuelle-vserver-im-vergleich/

they got 1600 score / core at unixbench

• They are quite okay.
    All but the smallest plan offer dedicated cores and from what I heared you can pretty much utilize it for 100%. Also SSD storage and stuff...

I once had an issue with them couple years ago (2010) when it was my 2nd or 3rd vps. The box suffered from slow I/O and crappy CPU performance. When I tried to find the reasons they told me to check my processes but even with a fresh clean install, it felt slow. I asked to check it once more and they were like: 'If you dont like it, cancel it. If you dont know how to check your processes, then dont blame us, as this is unmanaged.'. Which I did and honestly... never regret it. Since then I stood away from them.

Beside that theyr reviews are pretty good.

• Infinity580 said: Eh, that Xeon® E5-2660V3 has 10 Cores, and 20 with HT, i am sure they dont gonna put only 2 VPS's on one box.

ow for christ sake. it has 10 cores and that's it, hyperthreading does not add cores it merely processes 2 threads

@TarZZ92 said:

Wat? Thats what I said, HT divides the performance by 50% cuz 2 Threads to one Physical Corez. Which means Shitty Benchmarks if that thing is under load.

Actually i tried to explain that they give you 4 Threads, not 4 Cores.

• Infinity580 said: Wat? Thats what I said, HT divides the performance by 50% cuz 2 Threads to one Physical Corez. Which means Shitty Benchmarks if that thing is under load.

then why did you say 20 with HT

knowing well it gives no extra cores it's still 10 cores no matter what. software will not give you extra cores.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited January 2016

@Infinity580 said:
    Eh, that Xeon® E5-2660V3 has 10 Cores, and 20 with HT, i am sure they dont gonna put only 2 VPS's on one box.

Which brings it down to 0.8k bench for a single core = shitty atom.

We use this CPU and it easily scores 1k+ on single core (HT core) UnixBench tests.

@AlexanderM said:
    We use this CPU and it easily scores 1k+ on single core (HT core) UnixBench tests.

Actually you could get from 0.8k to 1.6k Bench, which depends on the Node usage - overhead loss.

• I'm a customer with netcup since 2010 and can really recommend them. They become very attractive at the higher range starting above 12 EUR a month and also their deals, especially at Xmas or summer-specials are really good.

As mentioned before a written notice of cancellation is not needed anymore.

Personally I've got this machine at a yearly contract for 14.49 EUR (vat included) https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1208

A Root-Server Xmas 2015 special for 2.99 with two CPU Cores| 4GB RAM | 40GB HDD which is the best product they have for this pricing and also a labs-server (beta test environment)

If some of you guys want, I've got some onetime discount codes about 5 EUR: http://pastebin.com/zu4bkNRD

• I wantz to know about banwitz