Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostingBox Closing Down :: Another DeadPool - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostingBox Closing Down :: Another DeadPool

Comments

• Just wanted to inform you guys:

SOME SERVERS ARE DOWN, SOME ARE STILL UP, I will try to get the suspended ones up if I can so please for every one who has data or important files, check the login at least every hour and if you are lucky and got access to it, backup your files quickly!!

• WHTWHT Member

@0xdragon said:

And why they blocked you? Any reason?

• Paypal stupidity!

GUYS @HOSTINGBOX CUSTOMERS TAKE A BACKUP IMMEDIATELY!

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Makes me wonder how paypal even survives as a business if it REALLY just arbitrarily limits / closes / freezes accounts like that.

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited January 2016

@WHT said:
    And why they blocked you? Any reason?

Phase of the moon. It took about a year to get it fixed.

Thanked by 1WHT
  • I know it is a lot easier said than done, but if I was making money off of PayPal transactions, I'd be forwarding that money pretty quick. If not, just not use PayPal.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • NAZI PAYPAL FROZE

I know HostingBox is only trying to portray PayPal's method as being "nazi" (sigh), but I think those "Schulmans" running PayPal would disagree with this label/epithet. In fact, those "Schulmans" running PayPal have shutdown several so-called "nazi"-sites. So I think a better epithet must be used...

But then again who expects anything original coming from the guy running HostingBox ("reliable web hosting")? ;)

• @randvegeta said:
    Makes me wonder how paypal even survives as a business if it REALLY just arbitrarily limits / closes / freezes accounts like that.

Another reason why support for Bitcoin must be added at dedicated server and colocation providers.

No chargeback, freezing, insane fees bs.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Sounds and looks like they opened the PayPal account with fake or man in the middle information, hit the 2k mark, PayPal asked for further validation (as they are required to by law) and then it could not be provided so they issued a 180 day lock.

Completely normal, just complete amateurs taking shortcuts as usual, file a dispute, escalate to a claim and you will get your money back.

• No fake information,

Completely legit data and legal documents have been already sent to paypal, then they just frozed it then saying nothing except 'This limitation can not be appealed'

I sent them Legal ID, Utility bill and every piece of document they asked, called them on phone, facebook and even twitter, they just don't care..

Regarding the Nazi word, I didn't mean anything about it, I am not jew and its clear of my name, they just have some stupid security measurements that always catch innocent people, anyway It was partly my mistake trusting them and I have learned many lessons from these..

Yes, that's why people should use bitcoins and other crypto-currencies!

• @Osama said:
    No fake information,

Completely legit data and legal documents have been already sent to paypal, then they just frozed it then saying nothing except 'This limitation can not be appealed'

I sent them Legal ID, Utility bill and every piece of document they asked, called them on phone, facebook and even twitter, they just don't care..

Regarding the Nazi word, I didn't mean anything about it, I am not jew and its clear of my name, they just have some stupid security measurements that always catch innocent people, anyway It was partly my mistake trusting them and I have learned many lessons from these..

Can I get my server back online so I can backup my shit please ? No one is responding to my tickets. Also waiting for a refund for the month.

Thanks.

• I'm also waiting for a refund. I recently paid for 3 months of service.

• XuHiXuHi Member
    edited January 2016

@Osama said:
    No fake information,

Was the PayPal account in your name?

If so no wonder they didn't accept your documents.

You are not even 18 yet according to this Companies House document

Only 16, unfortunately PayPal require you to be 18 to have an adult account. Or it would be your parents responsibility to submit the documents for you.

In my time using PayPal I have never had an issue when submitting documents / verifying my account. Can only they declined your documents due to your age. You should have never opened an account in the first place.

Osama said: No fake information,

Hi, my name is Anthony, I was borne yesterday and completely accept and believe that.

Seriously if you expect everyone to believe paypal just hate you and gave you absolutely zero explanation then it seems you assume everyone has the IQ of a pencil.

UK address, not in UK, not a listed company, not 18.... pointless conversation I suppose, if you understood any of this it never would have happened to begin with.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:
    UK address, not in UK, not a listed company, not 18.... pointless conversation I suppose, if you understood any of this it never would have happened to begin with.

And yet with companies house showing all this, people still threw their money at him.

Francisco

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @AnthonySmith said:

We got limited about 3 months ago on PayPal. They wanted to prove that we actually had a business model. It was a 3 day process. But we proved just fine... They wanted all documentation even though we had verified. It means nothing... That's not the end of it.

I do agree with what your saying. PayPal don't just "shut down" accounts for no reason what so ever.

They're got to be something more to this...

• @Osama HostingBox has provided a good service. It's a pity PayPal killed your business. And don't listen to the haters.

Francisco said: And yet with companies house showing all this, people still threw their money at him.

Francisco

I know, every time it makes me give up a little bit more.

I mean I fully understand people taking a punt, not all small starters are bad, but don't complain about it afterwards or start getting butt hurt for your refund.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited January 2016

@TehEnforce said:
    No chargeback, freezing, insane fees bs.

EDIT: apparently credit cards can be directly DDoSed now.

• @doghouch said:

What sources have you to backup that bullshit argument. Yes the block reward will go down. Will it matter? No. There are still enough nodes even if some miners drop out. And hours to confirm? Hahaha. It takes at most 15min.

If you get scammed its not Bitcoin's fault but your damn own. Research would have prevented that.

But meh keep enjoying your centralized little creditcard when it goes down when a massive DDoS or an outage comes (looking at previous years) while Bitcoin will be still running stable ;)

• @TehEnforce said:
    But meh keep enjoying your centralized little creditcard when it goes down when a massive DDoS or an outage comes (looking at previous years) while Bitcoin will be still running stable ;)

bitcoin is the future >.>

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@Osama remember to login into PayPal when you are 18 years old and they'll give your money back. Keep the company active or at least dormant until then, because you'll need to send verification docs again. Been there, done that.

Still, completely your fail. But not everyone was specially smart at your age either.

Thanked by 3MikePT netomx Osama
  • Nah, he'd likely need to open a new account when he's past 18.

Nyr said: remember to login into PayPal when you are 18 years old and they'll give your money back. Keep the company active or at least dormant until then, because you'll need to send verification docs again. Been there, done that.

Still, completely your fail. But not everyone was specially smart at your age either.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@GM2015 said:
    Nah, he'd likely need to open a new account when he's past 18.

Not likely if he can verify the data which he claims to. PayPal will not just keep the money randomly and close the account.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • I don't know. It's really hard to trust paypal if you have any balance in your account.

Nyr said: Not likely if he can verify the data which he claims to. PayPal will not just keep the money randomly and close the account.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

XuHi said: You are not even 18 yet according to this Companies House document

Wow, nice find.

HostingBox owner is 16.

I guess corporations are the new way for LowEndCEOs to contract with DCs when they're 16.

• I'm starting to feel really old.

raindog308 said: I guess corporations are the new way for LowEndCEOs to contract with DCs when they're 16.

raindog308 said:

HostingBox owner is 16.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2016

@dedicados said:
    Administrative Contact Information:
    Name: Joshua Brown
    Organization: HostingBox LTD
    Address 1: Cai 255761 Aramex House Old Bath Road
    Address 2: Colnbrook Slough
    City: Berkshire
    State: England
    Zip: SL3 0NS
    Phone: +1.2605178193
    Email: [email protected]

email him

One more company is using virtual address, the building with hundreds companies, more info:
    http://www.endole.co.uk/explorer/postcode/sl3-0ns

Three months old company and already deadpool:
    http://www.endole.co.uk/company/09841609/hostingbox-ltd

Using SIP/VOIP temporary phone number.

Thanked by 1solarman
  • Nyr said: Not likely if he can verify the data which he claims to. PayPal will not just keep the money randomly and close the account.

PP absolutely keeps the money if you opened the account without being 18.

• OsamaOsama Member
    edited January 2016

@XuHi

I am sorry, but I didn't register that form, Joshua did, however the address details and everything got confirmed, except for the age, the thing is Joshua is about 16 years old.. however I never mentioned it on our website except a little and to get the EV SSL.

In every aspect it was partly my mistake to ignore that part as well. I am sorry.

@FredQc

Responded to your P.M.