Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gettting 200Kbps DL speed on InceptionHosting VPS- is this normal?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Gettting 200Kbps DL speed on InceptionHosting VPS- is this normal?

qtriangleqtriangle Member
edited November 2012 in Providers

Well I asked my question in the Title :)
Any feedback?

Comments

• I'd say not. Their support probably has better info on the issue

• I am trying that.. now the speed has reduced to ~20-30 Kbps :(

• @qtriangle Did you open a support ticket with your provider?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2012

thanks @Jack

A ticket was opened about an hour ago.

I am still waiting for the source IP which so far I have deduced could be in america, USA or Australia.

I have asked for the IP 3 times now, it has not been provided.

I am happy to help and responded to your ticket each times within minutes, I really don't understand the need for this forum post?

Ok it is packet loss at the source, I have just got the IP.

• qtriangleqtriangle Member
    edited November 2012

@AnthonySmith said: I have asked for the IP 3 times now, it has not been provided.

Well I was asking members what should be my expectation, since the DL speed was low for multiple sources.
    I have provided you the domain name, and it should have been easy to get the IP from that: no need of asking the question 3 times.
    Honestly: my intention was not to tell everyone that Inception has something bad and they are not doing anything about it.
    However, I think there is need of a bit more of investigation, I will update about that in the ticket.
    I appreciate that your support is very quick. Count me as one of the happy customers till now :)

thanks @qtriangle

I see your point on re reading the ticket, I thought the domain you were giving at the time was a DC or other hosting provider hence asking for the specific IP rather than just their website.

I assure you that the network is solid however as always routing issues do happen outside the DC's network boundary as such it is important to always include where you are downloading from and how you are downloading.

#wget -O /dev/null cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    --2012-11-01 22:06:04--  http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    Resolving cachefly.cachefly.net... 205.234.175.175
    Connecting to cachefly.cachefly.net|205.234.175.175|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: `/dev/null'

100%[===========================================================================================================================================>] 104,857,600 97.0M/s   in 1.0s    

2012-11-01 22:06:56 (97.0 MB/s) - `100mb.bin' saved [104857600/104857600

From another customer reporting from LEB

• abatabat Member
    edited November 2012

From my Inception VPS (US)

100%[===============================================================================================================>] 104,857,600 7.08M/s in 14s

2012-11-03 16:02:24 (7.06 MB/s) - `/dev/null' saved [104857600/104857600]