Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About "Bad Customers"! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

About "Bad Customers"!

2»

Comments

• hoczajhoczaj Member
    edited January 2016

@seaeagle said:
    in every business there are always customers who are out to take advantage of you. they are not always right.

The customer is someone who pays for your service. Scammers and thieves usually not considered "as your customers". :) (or should not considered as customers. As you do not consider crawler bots as website visitors too)

So a customer is always right. but once you start spending your time on fighting thieves, you lose focus on your main goal: giving service for customers.

Look at those services, where you always have to type a captcha, without ever "failing at login". Throttling is acceptable if necessary like on multiple failed login attempts, but messing with your customers is not. :)

• armindsarminds Member, Host Rep

@hoczaj you have a point. But you weren't fair assuming that we provide bad customer service or not communicating with our customers. If we do so then how can we provide fully managed service?

The case I referred to is totally a "bad customer", either he is a scammer or just an annoying impatient customer. Both are so welcomed to cancel and request refund.

But opening a dispute with complaints about our service without even requesting support through our help desk system, is really annoying!

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

hoczaj said: My customers find it nice, and almost always thanks for showing interest.

Reaching out to new signups to say hello is a classy move and I would actually be more likely to stay with a provider who did that. In a world of faceless, generic providers, things like this make you stand out.

Thanked by 1arminds
  • hoczajhoczaj Member
    edited January 2016

@arminds said:
    hoczaj you have a point. But you weren't fair assuming that we provide bad customer service or not communicating with our customers. If we do so then how can we provide fully managed service?

The case I referred to is totally a "bad customer", either he is a scammer or just an annoying impatient customer. Both are so welcomed to cancel and request refund.

But opening a dispute with complaints about our service without even requesting support through our help desk system, is really annoying!

@Arminds sorry if I upset you. What I wanted to tell, that from that and those clients' viewpoint you are a bad provider, because of [random fact that upset them]. I did not want to say that you really are.

But let's say. A customer expects some kind of interaction when he signs up. He did not receive it. Then he continues his journey, but unfamiliar with the control panel and couldn't find a video tutorial about how to use your service.
    For him, you are a bad provider. But hey, he is maybe not your audience then, or you're not giving enough information or interaction. :)

But give it a twist. Let's say you welcomed him with a letter that seems authentic (or really authentic). Then you will become a "real person" for him, not just "another giant company that gives a fck about their tiny client".

So he may be more willingly comply with your rules, that he just should send a ticket for a refund, not just go and file a dispute.

How much dispute happening by the way? (You don't have to say exact numbers, but: 2 of 100 orders or something like that)

It could be an indicator, that some kind of false marketing or wrong targeting happening. If the marketing/targeting is right, then maybe this audience expects more. Just dive into it, find it out and that will reduce the number of rude actions.

Thanked by 1arminds
  • You will be surprised once you find out what your customers wants. It is usually never that you were thinking about and focusing on. :)

When I did a survey I found out that:

• they want friendly and quick support and
    • tutorial video on how to setup an openVPN client... well... I was like what the... for just downloading a file, starting installation next->next->next->next then unzip and copy paste a config.zip to the Program Files/openVPN/config... Does it really need a video tutorial?
      Yes, they want it, they need it. They are kids at college stuck with heavy port limitations, and know nothing about that "You need to run the application as administrator".
      Or worst, they are just housewives stuck in a foreign country and cannot watch their home country's IP TV from a german or UK or US ip address... :) They do really need these kind of support.
    Thanked by 2arminds colingpt
  • Have to admit I been pretty lucky with my customers, but when I started I learnt the hard way. Had a massive order carried it out 2 months later got a charge back. I always ask for proof of ID and address on orders over £140 now and ofc maxmind I am going to look into that fraudrecord some of you speak of to which sounds interesting.

Thanked by 1arminds

Thanks a lot @hoczaj for the valuable information and advises. We will take that into consideration for sure. :)

• aubertaubert Member
    edited January 2016

@ericls said:
    I'm not a provider but I know maxmind makes some scammers crazy

im not a provider but i know maxmind makes them lost some buyer which actually want to get anually plan or atleast monthly plan while they'd wanted to pay with bitcoin

• aubert said: im not a provider but i know maxmind makes them lost some buyer which actually want to get anually plan or atleast monthly plan while they'd wanted to pay with bitcoin

Paying with bitcoin only makes the client chargeback proof, not fraud proof. Open a ticket with the provider, communication is the key to success always.

Thanked by 1arminds
  • Problem is that the customer that signed up may not have actually owned that CC. If that is the case the real owner and their bank probably charged back to quite a few people. Have had that happen more than once, have even seen people send in fake IDs to try and be the person they are claiming to be.

Maxmind and the other fraud companies help a lot, but even those aren't scam proof. When you get 20+ scam orders a week it creates a lot of extra work to try and sort the good from the bad, it is a NEVER ending process as a provider.

Thanked by 1arminds

By the way, we found the customer on fraud record. Did almost the same with another provider :) FraudRecord is awesome :)

• You cannot stop bad customers from coming in and you cannot stop the customers if you are asking for a refund if they qualify for a refund. Just make your refund policy very clear and strict to avoid such issues.

Also, try embedding Maxmind, that would help you to weed out a lot of scammers.

Thanked by 1arminds