Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

HostingBox Closing Down :: Another DeadPool
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

HostingBox Closing Down :: Another DeadPool

Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Member, Provider

Hi,

Just got this Email:

Hello, my deep apologize.

We want to inform you about HostingBox closure, its official and I am very sad for saying this, we are going to close very soon.

I advise you to take a backup immediately after seeing this message to avoid all the losses as possible, the reason of our closure is the NAZI PAYPAL FROZE all the money we own and even our personal money used to pay for the Datacenter and Servers and then we had a very bad cash issues that we couldn't pay for our servers, however all our tickets will get responded as fast as we could.

Thanks for being loyal customers,
    CEO of HostingBox.

AlphaSSL Revocation Issue is being investigated.

Comments

• GM2015GM2015 Member
      edited January 2016

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1474063/#Comment_1474063

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1474065/#Comment_1474065

http://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/98935/17brownj @17brownj

I wonder how many of you will get chicagovps deals.

I'm sorry, but was there an LLC behind Hostingbox? I thought to be a ceo, you need a corporation.

I avoid "brands" where someone is a "CEO" without a company.

Go give Vultr(referral) a try. | GNU/Linux http://debian.org

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Member, Provider

• @GM2015 said:
      I'm sorry, but was there an LLC behind Hostingbox? I thought to be a ceo, you need a corporation.

A corp must have a CEO, but a CEO doesn't have to be part of a corp. You can give yourself any title you want.

Thanked by 1GM2015

For LET support, please visit the interim support desk.

Over the past few months we have been met with many challenges within the moderation business. Some that have not been overcome.

• raindog308 said: You can give yourself any title you want.

Okay, Sir Raindog of Cest pit! ;P

Thanked by 1raindog308

Software is like sex, it's better when it's free!

• And this is why you don't keep your paypal balance at anything other than 0...

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Provider

Is anyone really surprised?

Subnet Labs, LLC Contact Us Deploy to: Seattle, Dallas or NYC
      Impact VPS | Cloud Servers | Storage Servers | Impact Shared | Shared Hosting

• raindog308 said: You can give yourself any title you want.

I sign all my emails "Lord"

How to clean up a questionable reputation: throw the kids some BF/CM offers.

• doughmanes said: I sign all my emails "Lord"

http://www.highlandtitles.com/

Software is like sex, it's better when it's free!

@Awmusic12635 said:
      Is anyone really surprised?

Yes, Because I was planning to do something with those boxes !

• dedicadosdedicados Member
      edited January 2016
      Administrative Contact Information:
      Name: Joshua Brown
      Organization: HostingBox LTD
      Address 1: Cai 255761 Aramex House Old Bath Road
      Address 2: Colnbrook Slough
      City: Berkshire
      State: England
      Zip: SL3 0NS
      Phone: +1.2605178193
      Email: [email protected]

email him

Want a personal TLD??? join www.open-root.eu

• didnt know he was based in uk...

I AM BACK :)
      Working Windows Server 2012 R2 on 6GB! Beat that!

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Provider

dedicados said: email him

What would that do since they are closing down?

Subnet Labs, LLC Contact Us Deploy to: Seattle, Dallas or NYC
      Impact VPS | Cloud Servers | Storage Servers | Impact Shared | Shared Hosting

edited January 2016

What do you people prefer ?? A Support Ticket to get Refund ?? Or, A Dispute/ChargeBack ??

• MisterHost_NETMisterHost_NET Member, Provider

If someone is looking for Refugee plan (shared or reseller) let me know, we will do the same price and specs in France.

• Never got a email from them, it's a shame that i must hear this from LET and not from the provider

• update:

Looks like LET is on fire on Joshua, I understand this, Its sort of his mistake for ignoring me for a whole week now and doing nothing with our clients,

I am the one who wrote the last message to you, We used a verified paypal account and when the paypal limited it, I have sent the required legal documents to them but they limited it forever.
      I have called them tons and tons on phone, mail, twitter and facebook and every where I could, they never listened to me and told me to wait for 180 days. They limited mine, hostingbox business one and probably will do the same with Joshua's one,

However no body would ever know me because I never dealt directly with my customers, its my fault, Joshua's fault for trusting paypal, anyway I will try to solve the issue as possible as I could and here is what I will do:

1. If you had un-used time for the vps and want a refund, you could wait until Joshua gets back and refund you or you could open a dispute since I have no control over it.
      2. Looks like solusvm local host is down, and for the bad luck Joshua has the control over it as well so I advise customers that has the SSH access to take a backup immediately once and for all!
      3. I am not going to look for any more replies, I will let this brand rest in peace until I find a proper way to establish it again but this time it will conquer all the compete all the hosts.

If any one want to reach Joshua, you may try calling him on: 26******* (Please get with me on tickets) I wonder if he would answer since I am not from US. --> That's for the dedicated server owner.

PS: Andrea Mada from HostMada will get in touch with all of our clients to offer them a valuable discount on their services (Shared and VPS). Get in contact with him via support ticket or live chat in OUR HELPDESK.

Thanks. Truly yours!

Want a personal TLD??? join www.open-root.eu

@dedicados said:
      update:

Looks like LET is on fire on Joshua, I understand this, Its sort of his mistake for ignoring me for a whole week now and doing nothing with our clients,

I am the one who wrote the last message to you, We used a verified paypal account and when the paypal limited it, I have sent the required legal documents to them but they limited it forever.
      I have called them tons and tons on phone, mail, twitter and facebook and every where I could, they never listened to me and told me to wait for 180 days. They limited mine, hostingbox business one and probably will do the same with Joshua's one,

However no body would ever know me because I never dealt directly with my customers, its my fault, Joshua's fault for trusting paypal, anyway I will try to solve the issue as possible as I could and here is what I will do:

1. If you had un-used time for the vps and want a refund, you could wait until Joshua gets back and refund you or you could open a dispute since I have no control over it.
      2. Looks like solusvm local host is down, and for the bad luck Joshua has the control over it as well so I advise customers that has the SSH access to take a backup immediately once and for all!
      3. I am not going to look for any more replies, I will let this brand rest in peace until I find a proper way to establish it again but this time it will conquer all the compete all the hosts.

If any one want to reach Joshua, you may try calling him on: 26******* (Please get with me on tickets) I wonder if he would answer since I am not from US. --> That's for the dedicated server owner.

PS: Andrea Mada from HostMada will get in touch with all of our clients to offer them a valuable discount on their services (Shared and VPS). Get in contact with him via support ticket or live chat in OUR HELPDESK.

Thanks. Truly yours!

Okay, then I'm going to open a Dispute :3

Thanked by 1doughmanes

• Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: NAZI PAYPAL FROZE

THIS.

Thanked by 1doughmanes

Security Consultant

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Provider

had to happen....

skype id : agentmishra, gtalk id : agentmishra, email : [email protected]

• doghouchdoghouch Member
      edited January 2016

He can join @GoodHosting and @IgniteServers... RIP HOSTINGBOX AND MY RESOURCE POOL

Thanked by 1ATHK
    • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

@TarZZ92 said:
      didnt know he was based in uk...

Supposedly he's from Egypt?

At least that's whats been floating around the eye arr seas.

Francisco

Thanked by 1netomx
      BuyVM - Dedicated KVM Slices / Anycast Support! / Stallion Control Panel / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
      BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
    • Francisco said: Supposedly he's from Egypt?

Address 1: Cai 255761 Aramex House Old Bath Road

Aramex you see a lot in Dubai so its probably the same as the rest of the Middle East.

The address Cai 255761 - maybe a Cairo mailbox server at Aramex.

• Deadpool every week?

CEO of PT. Rokok Kopi Internet Tidur Tbk.

• Now gimme a refugee plan for my KVM vps :(

Thanked by 1Hassan
    • Paypal refund application is allowed to?

The meaning of life lies in exploring the unknown forever...✅

• WHTWHT Member

Eh, if paypal froze accounts like this in two weeks paypal should close. There must be some illegal activity before paypal close accounts. Verified or not verified never plays a role.

• @WHT said:
      Eh, if paypal froze accounts like this in two weeks paypal should close. There must be some illegal activity before paypal close accounts. Verified or not verified never plays a role.

Uh, no. I had all of my funds frozen with not even a single chargeback or dispute on my account, fully verified.

This signature wasted 121 bytes of your data allocation.

https://nixstats.com/report/56b53d6465689e44598b4567

@WHT said:

Yes, it should be like this but sometimes it's their own choice to freeze any account.

• Just wanted to inform you guys:

SOME SERVERS ARE DOWN, SOME ARE STILL UP, I will try to get the suspended ones up if I can so please for every one who has data or important files, check the login at least every hour and if you are lucky and got access to it, backup your files quickly!!

• WHTWHT Member

@0xdragon said:

And why they blocked you? Any reason?

• Paypal stupidity!

GUYS @HOSTINGBOX CUSTOMERS TAKE A BACKUP IMMEDIATELY!

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Provider

Makes me wonder how paypal even survives as a business if it REALLY just arbitrarily limits / closes / freezes accounts like that.

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
      edited January 2016

@WHT said:
      And why they blocked you? Any reason?

Phase of the moon. It took about a year to get it fixed.

Thanked by 1WHT

This signature wasted 121 bytes of your data allocation.

https://nixstats.com/report/56b53d6465689e44598b4567

• I know it is a lot easier said than done, but if I was making money off of PayPal transactions, I'd be forwarding that money pretty quick. If not, just not use PayPal.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
    • k0nslk0nsl Member, Member without signature

NAZI PAYPAL FROZE

I know HostingBox is only trying to portray PayPal's method as being "nazi" (sigh), but I think those "Schulmans" running PayPal would disagree with this label/epithet. In fact, those "Schulmans" running PayPal have shutdown several so-called "nazi"-sites. So I think a better epithet must be used...

But then again who expects anything original coming from the guy running HostingBox ("reliable web hosting")? ;)

• @randvegeta said:
      Makes me wonder how paypal even survives as a business if it REALLY just arbitrarily limits / closes / freezes accounts like that.

Another reason why support for Bitcoin must be added at dedicated server and colocation providers.

No chargeback, freezing, insane fees bs.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Top Provider

Sounds and looks like they opened the PayPal account with fake or man in the middle information, hit the 2k mark, PayPal asked for further validation (as they are required to by law) and then it could not be provided so they issued a 180 day lock.

Completely normal, just complete amateurs taking shortcuts as usual, file a dispute, escalate to a claim and you will get your money back.

Had enough of the scams on lowendbox, lowendtalk is now being infiltrated by corruption so I have chosen to make an low end exit #lexit for now - you can find me HERE

• No fake information,

Completely legit data and legal documents have been already sent to paypal, then they just frozed it then saying nothing except 'This limitation can not be appealed'

I sent them Legal ID, Utility bill and every piece of document they asked, called them on phone, facebook and even twitter, they just don't care..

Regarding the Nazi word, I didn't mean anything about it, I am not jew and its clear of my name, they just have some stupid security measurements that always catch innocent people, anyway It was partly my mistake trusting them and I have learned many lessons from these..

Yes, that's why people should use bitcoins and other crypto-currencies!

• @Osama said:
      No fake information,

Completely legit data and legal documents have been already sent to paypal, then they just frozed it then saying nothing except 'This limitation can not be appealed'

I sent them Legal ID, Utility bill and every piece of document they asked, called them on phone, facebook and even twitter, they just don't care..

Regarding the Nazi word, I didn't mean anything about it, I am not jew and its clear of my name, they just have some stupid security measurements that always catch innocent people, anyway It was partly my mistake trusting them and I have learned many lessons from these..

Can I get my server back online so I can backup my shit please ? No one is responding to my tickets. Also waiting for a refund for the month.

Thanks.

• I'm also waiting for a refund. I recently paid for 3 months of service.

• XuHiXuHi Member
      edited January 2016

@Osama said:
      No fake information,

Was the PayPal account in your name?

If so no wonder they didn't accept your documents.

You are not even 18 yet according to this Companies House document

Only 16, unfortunately PayPal require you to be 18 to have an adult account. Or it would be your parents responsibility to submit the documents for you.

In my time using PayPal I have never had an issue when submitting documents / verifying my account. Can only they declined your documents due to your age. You should have never opened an account in the first place.

Osama said: No fake information,

Hi, my name is Anthony, I was borne yesterday and completely accept and believe that.

Seriously if you expect everyone to believe paypal just hate you and gave you absolutely zero explanation then it seems you assume everyone has the IQ of a pencil.

UK address, not in UK, not a listed company, not 18.... pointless conversation I suppose, if you understood any of this it never would have happened to begin with.

Thanked by 3GM2015 k0nsl netomx

Had enough of the scams on lowendbox, lowendtalk is now being infiltrated by corruption so I have chosen to make an low end exit #lexit for now - you can find me HERE

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

@AnthonySmith said:
      UK address, not in UK, not a listed company, not 18.... pointless conversation I suppose, if you understood any of this it never would have happened to begin with.

And yet with companies house showing all this, people still threw their money at him.

Francisco

Thanked by 1netomx
      BuyVM - Dedicated KVM Slices / Anycast Support! / Stallion Control Panel / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
      BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
    • @AnthonySmith said:

We got limited about 3 months ago on PayPal. They wanted to prove that we actually had a business model. It was a 3 day process. But we proved just fine... They wanted all documentation even though we had verified. It means nothing... That's not the end of it.

I do agree with what your saying. PayPal don't just "shut down" accounts for no reason what so ever.

They're got to be something more to this...

• @Osama HostingBox has provided a good service. It's a pity PayPal killed your business. And don't listen to the haters.

183 VPS tested in real time and counting... (86 active LEB providers).
      All links I'm posting are tracked affiliate links, whenever the provider has an affiliate program.

Francisco said: And yet with companies house showing all this, people still threw their money at him.

Francisco

I know, every time it makes me give up a little bit more.

I mean I fully understand people taking a punt, not all small starters are bad, but don't complain about it afterwards or start getting butt hurt for your refund.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
      edited January 2016

@TehEnforce said:
      No chargeback, freezing, insane fees bs.

EDIT: apparently credit cards can be directly DDoSed now.

• @doghouch said:

What sources have you to backup that bullshit argument. Yes the block reward will go down. Will it matter? No. There are still enough nodes even if some miners drop out. And hours to confirm? Hahaha. It takes at most 15min.

If you get scammed its not Bitcoin's fault but your damn own. Research would have prevented that.

But meh keep enjoying your centralized little creditcard when it goes down when a massive DDoS or an outage comes (looking at previous years) while Bitcoin will be still running stable ;)