Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3rd party free email providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

3rd party free email providers

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for a 3rd party email provider that allows multiple domains to be setup. I have a few projects that all need to be reached via email but only a few emails a month will be send.

I know Jarland is running Mxroute but at $15 a year, even that is overkill. (seriously, all summed up it is probably 200 emails a month)
I also know Zoho is allowing single domains, but I'd like to have multiple domains.

I don't care much about the interface, I'm planning to add the domains to my Gmail account. (So POP or IMAP should be available)

Are there any other recommendations out there?

Comments

• Mxroute is awesome. $15 a year is nothing for a great service!

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @n1kko said:
    Mxroute is awesome. $15 a year is nothing for a great service!

I never said it isn't an awesome service. Its just overkill for my needs. :)

• @taronyu said:

try resellerclub per email based pricing ?
    its like $0.4~/m/GB/account

damn.

• kingpinkingpin Member
    edited January 2016

Doesn't Google Mail allow custom domain names to be set? You need a branded domain name?

• @kingpin said:
    Doesn't Google Mail allow custom domain names to be set? You need a branded domain name?

$5/user

• Yandex for domains

Thanked by 1asf
  • I think you could use Yandex Domain Mail, I use it for some of my domains, works fine and is free. (Yandex is like russian Google)

• Yandex. 3 domains using it, never had a problem and even support for 2 - factor.

• kingpinkingpin Member
    edited January 2016

Yandex.Mail for domains. I used to have a mail with them. Pretty good service with web mail.

There's also Mail.ru for business. Up to 5k users, unlimited storage. Haven't used their service though, except mail delivery service and analytics.

https://biz.mail.ru/

Mail.ru is also a Russian company. Both are major players. So give them a try.

• @kingpin said:
    Mail.ru is also a Russian company. Both are major players. So give them a try.

I would take mail.ru with a grain of salt. They have a history of spreading malware.

• You can also take a look at WorksMobile

300 Accounts for free, register page is Korea but you could rely on translator.

The management pages can be set to English or any other languages.

• Use a cheap vps

• alexnjhalexnjh Member
    edited January 2016

Maybe ask someone with mxroute service to add your domains?

I don't know if its allowed though.

@jarland

• @alaningus said:
    Use a cheap vps

I know it is a pain in the ass to run your own email server and keep your emails out of the spam folder.

@masterqqq said:
    Maybe ask someone with mxroute service to add your domains?

I don't know if its allowed though.

jarland

I'd rather don't want to rely on someone else. :)

I'm going to take a look at Yandex, thanks guys!

• https://pdd.yandex.ru
    https://biz.mail.ru/

both very solid.
    Both have short limits (~800 emails per day)

• @taronyu said:
    I'm going to take a look at Yandex, thanks guys!

Mxroute has a $5/year package with 2GB space and unlimited accounts and domains... just figured I'd mention as mxroute is pretty hard to beat.

• taronyu said: I know it is a pain in the ass to run your own email server and keep your emails out of the spam folder.

I've ran Zimbra for 90+ days without any issues with delivery after getting locked out by Google for no reason explained and 72 hours of no email. Email gets delivered with no issue to Gmail and Hotmail with proper SPF records.

Thanked by 1asf
  • @IThinkUFailed said:
    Mxroute has a $5/year package with 2GB space

Do you have a link to that - I can't find it on the website?

• alaningus said: Do you have a link to that - I can't find it on the website?

It was https://billing.mxroute.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=41
    But seems out of stock.

Thanked by 1alaningus
  • this offer still available

CyberMonday
    10GB Storage
    Unlimited Email Accounts
    Unlimited Domains
    $10/year
    https://billing.mxroute.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=29

Thanked by 1alaningus
  • IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited January 2016

@alaningus said:

Contact @Jarland and I'm sure he'll help you out if you do want to pick it up.

• I wonder if buying a low end vps and setting up an opensource webmail is fine? I worry about the security. I'm not really familiar with servers and such.

• @MissFortune said:
    I wonder if buying a low end vps and setting up an opensource webmail is fine? I worry about the security. I'm not really familiar with servers and such.

I would imagine you'd be mostly fine and it's mainly the task of getting your mail into the users inbox rather than spam... personally as I need the higher rate of delivery I opted for mxroute for my sites support emails and went with mandrill for my automatic emails for order delivery/updates... So far I've not really had any problems other than one email being sent to spam that was a support request but he had copied a ton of text that it looked like the chain emails you use to get a few years back.

All in all I'm very happy with my setup and $15-$20 or whatever it is a I pay for mxroute is a STEAL.

• Can anyone explain how mxroute works? Do I get login info to a smtp server or something like that?

• @ManofServer said:
    Can anyone explain how mxroute works? Do I get login info to a smtp server or something like that?

Unsure if has changed but for me I got given a cPanel URL + login and was able to add in the domains I wanted and then I just edited the mx settings at my registrar.

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • @ManofServer said:
    Can anyone explain how mxroute works?

You get server addresses which work for POP and IMAP. login name is your email address. Panel for managing accounts etc.

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • Would anyone using MXroute mind sharing where are the mail servers located?

Tempted to get one but want to confirm the connection to my network is good.

• RazzaRazza Member
    edited January 2016

@BlakeK said:
    Would anyone using MXroute mind sharing where are the mail servers located?

Tempted to get one but want to confirm the connection to my network is good.

Ovh Canada IIRC

Thanked by 1BlakeK
  • Razza said: Ovh Canada IIRC

Thanks for letting me know.

OVH Canada is too slow for me to load and connect, would hold on for now.

• @BlakeK said:
    OVH Canada is too slow for me to load and connect, would hold on for now.

There's several servers such as OVH CA and I know that there is/was one in Dallas. It's rare you need to go into your webmail so I'd still recommend MXRoute for you or anyone that's interested.