Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Credit Card Processor
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best Credit Card Processor

PhilNDPhilND Member
edited November 2012 in General

So guys, what credit card processor would you say is the best. Lowest fees / integrates directly into WHMCS?

Been looking at stripe, but what processor do you think is best?

Comments

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Personally I use 2checkout, not sure about the fees, most likely are a bit higher. However I like them and I've been working with them for 1 year without a single problem. Also the phone support has been times, times more friendly than paypal.

• @PhilND said: Been looking at stripe, but what processor do you think is best?

+1 to Stripe. Easy to use and is ok.

• WePay

How do we actually withdraw from Stripe and can it be used from Europe?

• @Alex_LiquidHost Not sure yet, I need to look into it properly, there is a whmcs module for like $60 as well.

• @Alex_LiquidHost said: How do we actually withdraw from Stripe and can it be used from Europe?

Nope, us foreigners are banned. US and Canada only.

They charge for the module? Well, that's weird.

I am from EU anyway, so I will just stick with 2checkout.

• +1 Stripe, lots of good feedback. USA/CAN only though.

• +1 for Stripe also. And I didn't mind paying for the module (it used to be $99; I think we were one of the first companies to offer Stripe), because the module is just that good.

It is, however, USA/CA only. You should email them directly and express that you're very interested in Stripe.

• Oh, well that put pay to using Stripe as I am from Europe as well.

I may drop them an email and see what they say.

• @PhilND go for it, the more pressure the better (desperate to get Stripe in the UK!)

• why not go with a direct merchant account and integrate through a gateway (i.e authorize.net eprocessingnetwork) You get your funds within 24-48 hours plus there are tons of benefits of going directly through your own merchant account. You still wouldn't need to do anything big to be PCI complaint, because with our solution, you are not storing your customers credit card numbers.

There is a monthly fee for a merchant account, but the savings in your rates will be better with a direct merchant account.
    paymenttransactionsystems.com
    USA only. Sorry
    I work for Payment Transaction Systems

• @svgnamy said: but the savings in your rates will be better with a direct merchant account.

Can you give some examples?

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited November 2012

@FFFlip said: @PhilND go for it, the more pressure the better (desperate to get Stripe in the UK!)

Yup, im interested to hear what they say as well, please report back :)

• @Damian

Example $5000.00 per month in V/MC Sales
    Average ticket apx. $20.00 (just for illustration)
    $5000/$20 = 250 transactions
    Stripe cost is: 2.9% = $145.00
    Strip cost is: $0.30 per transaction = $ 75.00
    Stipe total cost is $220.00

PTS Merchant account
    Same specs as before
    PTS cost for $5000.00 = $97.50 (1.95%)
    PTS Cost for 250 transactions = $57.50 ($.22)
    total transaction cost = $155.00
    Total Monthly fee including PCI Verification/all compliance/ statment customer service fees etc = $19.95 per month
    Total montly =$174.95
    A savings of $45.05 per month
    You get your funds 24-48 hours after you run the transaction (Stripe takes 7 days)
    You are eligible for merchant cash advance against your merchant account (small business loans. high interest, but very easy to get)
    build business credit (DnB number etc)
    More control of your merchant account. (Add equipment and capabilities, ACH processing, echeck, iphone, android acceptance, etc)

If you process more amounts, the savings is more. Now if you are below the $1500.00 marker, a provide like stripe may be more economical for your business.