Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many VPS can be created with this? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How many VPS can be created with this?

2»

Comments

• jane98211 said: Where can I find the details and availability of IPv6?

Google

• @rajprakash said:
    Google

what is google? where can I find google?!!

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • Nic_20TBSSDNic_20TBSSD Member
    edited January 2016

You won't be able to use IPv6 with traffic exchange so don't waste your time searching @jane98211

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2016

If it's for traffic exchange, that node won't be enough. Your 10 VMs with us were using more CPU than that dedicated server you're looking to purchase. The disk especially won't be enough - I don't think they'll run properly at that point of extreme usage. Remember that you're not just using disk space, you are constantly writing to disk as well. Maybe for 160 VMs, go with two servers that are dual E5-2660v3 with 8x1TB SSDs in HW RAID 0 if you don't care about data loss.

jane98211 said: I will use proxmox to create vps and each will be assigned 1 virtual cpu. Cpu will be used at 60%

I don't think you understand the math involved. If each VM is using 60% of 1 vCore, and the dedicated server you mentioned has 8 vCores, then you have 800%/60% or approximately 13 VPS you can have using that power, not 160.

For a quick comparison, you were on 3-5 of our dedicated servers, running 90 of these VMs, correct? Our dedicated servers are 8x RAID 10 SSDs, E5-2620v1 and above, and you were overloading 2x on some plans, and still overloading on others - that means you were causing problems on a combined 72 to 120 combined vCores and 24 to 40 SSDs in hardware RAID 10. Of course we had other customers on those servers but there was not that much utilization of processor and disk.

So at the very least, you're going to need something like 72 vCores, and if you run RAID 0, at least 12 pretty good solid state drives.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@VirMach said:
    RAID 1 if you don't care about data loss.

I guess you meant RAID-0

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2016

exception0x876 said: I guess you meant RAID-0

Yep, my bad. Just woke up!

Edit: quick disclaimer as well I did all the math in my head and there's other factors involved, so you may need a little less or more than the dedicated server I recommended.

• OP would better be searching for some numb provider with powerful node-setups selling VPSses in bulk at cheap discounted rates I guess... anyone to jump on that train? ;-) ;-) ;-)

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • @VirMach said:
    If it's for traffic exchange, that node won't be enough. Your 10 VMs with us were using more CPU than that dedicated server you're looking to purchase. The disk especially won't be enough - I don't think they'll run properly at that point of extreme usage. Remember that you're not just using disk space, you are constantly writing to disk as well. Maybe for 160 VMs, go with two servers that are dual E5-2660v3 with 8x1TB SSDs in HW RAID 0 if you don't care about data loss.

So at the very least, you're going to need something like 72 vCores, and if you run RAID 0, at least 12 pretty good solid state drives.

Yup 2 servers would be the better choice. Already purchased, Thanks. Also, I think OVH will not log into my VPS like you were logging in and monitoring by VPS checking without my permission.

• @Falzo said:
    OP would better be searching for some numb provider with powerful node-setups selling VPSses in bulk at cheap discounted rates I guess... anyone to jump on that train? ;-) ;-) ;-)

Already got some offers :) OVH is the cheapest seller even for individual VPS 3.5$ for 2gb ram KVM. Their set up is solid!

• @jane98211 said:
    Yup 2 servers would be the better choice. Already purchased, Thanks. Also, I think OVH will not log into my VPS like you were logging in and monitoring by VPS checking without my permission.

OVH as any other provider simply don't care what you are doing resource-wise with a dedicated server. that's simply the meaning of 'dedicated' - as there are no other customers you can disturb, as long as you don't get your CPU burning a hole through the whole rack...

• jane98211 said: Would KVM be better? Say for 80 VPS on the same specs? Nothing heavy would be there.

OpenVZ is better in running more vps in one node, because it has the minimum overhead. If you are going to use all of the virtual machines by yourself with linux OS, then, don't use KVM. You will gain nothing (security, privacy, encrypted files, full virtualization etc.) and you will lose power because each vm will need to use an initial amount of RAM and CPU for just running the machine.
    As of 80 vps on that node with nothing heavy there, yes, it could be doable. It all depend on what you will be hosting on those machines. For example, if you host 80 vps with medium to busy wordpress sites loaded with plugins, your node will crash.

Thanked by 1jane98211
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited January 2016

@jane98211 said:
    OVH is the cheapest seller even for individual VPS 3.5$ for 2gb ram KVM. Their set up is solid!

their setup is probably done right and applying enough limits to make sure you're not causing issues.
    interested to see how this will work out over the next weeks, please make sure to keep us updated! (not that I do doubt on that... ;-) )

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • jane98211jane98211 Member
    edited January 2016

@Falzo said:

I have one VPS of them since last month. CPU usage I gradually increased from 30% to 70% with frequent 90% bursts. Didn't crash in the last 8 days. I cannot find any better service than their's :) Though I use only few GBs a month

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited January 2016

Also, for all of the people that are thinking, "let's buy a couple of dedis with some dozens of ips for SEO reasons", they are completely wrong. All of the modern search indexers like google or yahoo, are having complex algorithms and methods to uplift a SEO ranking. If you use every day 150 same ips to visit the exact same 50-100 sites, if the ips are in the same range or in 2-3 ranges, if the ips belongs to the same provider, if they are not residential ips, then, you will not see rankings go up but you maybe see them become lower, because the search machines will understand that you are trying to scam them.

Thanked by 2vimalware n0my
  • @jvnadr said:
    Also, for all of the people that are thinking, "let's buy a couple of dedis with some dozens of vps for SEO reasons", they are completely wrong. All of the modern search indexers like google or yahoo, are having complex algorithms and methods to uplift a SEO ranking. If you use every day 150 same ips to visit the exact same 50-100 sites, iv the ips are in the same range or in 2-3 ranges, if the ips belongs to the same provider, if they are not residential ips, then, you will not only see rankings go up but you maybe see them become lower, because the search machines will understand that you are trying to scam them.

Hm..

• @jane98211 said:

sure, didn't say anything against OVH, its full virtualization and you can use whatever they deliver.
    thats what I meant when saying they probably applying fine limits or have enough automated balancing in their integration of those services, which will take care of what you can use.
    as long as you don't break their TOS it is probably the only provider you can get what you want at that pricetag...

160x3,50 ends up $560 monthly - only you may know, if there is margin to make it worth the money.
    I have no experience with TE, so dunno how payments are done and so on... as far as I remember years back on those shady advertising networks paying for clicks on pyramid schemes - I doubt that there are enough businesses who will payout big amounts for long before kicking you out and investigating how you come to those massive views etc.

it's most likely like @jvnadr said... the one who should pay or reward you may not be that dumb at all. ;-)

• Nic_20TBSSD said: He cant use an E3 if he is looking for 128GB RAM, he obviously needs the 128GB ram is he skipped 64GB.

then the slow E5 is the best option

• I particularly love how his 'scammer provider' virmach stepped in to provide hardware recommendations based on experience running real vps.

Class act, @virmach.

This thread will be educational if nothing else.

Thanked by 2doughmanes roykem
  • jane98211 said: If you have nothing to contribute, Leave and scam like your leader virmach

I've seen that quote before and think I've personally kicked you out of a previous provider I worked for

• @doughmanes said:
    I've seen that quote before and think I've personally kicked you out of a previous provider I worked for

I only use digitalocean and OVH. Joke's on you

• Ah you spread your cancer to DO and OVH after learning you can't do it on low end providers. Way to step up the traffic exchange game

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • jane98211jane98211 Member
    edited January 2016

@doughmanes said:
    Ah you spread your cancer to DO and OVH after learning you can't do it on low end providers. Way to step up the traffic exchange game

I am already using them for previous 2 years. I will not buy from you so please stop talking to me, broke man

• perhaps this will facilitate your overselling http://www.virtuozzo.com/

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

jane98211 said: I will not buy from you so please stop talking to me, broke man

Well.

Have you tried: http://tinyurl.com/lowendtalk

Thanked by 3miTgiB GM2015 Shade
  • @vimalware said:
    I particularly love how his 'scammer provider' virmach stepped in to provide hardware recommendations based on experience running real vps.

Class act, virmach.

Well said, im noticed that too.
    @virmach you just raised ur bar imo.. salute!

• @vimalware said:
    I particularly love how his 'scammer provider' virmach stepped in to provide hardware recommendations based on experience running real vps.

Class act, virmach.

Well said, im noticed that too.
    @virmach you just raised ur bar imo.. salute!