Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DrServer 2 XENHVM Server wen't offline with no shedule maintenance message notification.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DrServer 2 XENHVM Server wen't offline with no shedule maintenance message notification.

Hi,
Today I have received an email from pingdom tools that my server went offline, I has 2 server from Drserver.net, I wasn't able to access any website nor ftp or shell access were working. I posted a ticket to them and they asked for IP of my server after telling them that my both server is not working with the provided ip. They yet not have replied to me. I am also not able to access the xen Virtualizor panel. I am worried and not getting response back from either skype support or support ticket or drserver.net . It's been 4 hour passed that my server's are like in this state... :( and I just have renewed server recently.

I do not know if it is only happening with me or for everyone who have XEN Storage from them, If anyone having same trouble like me then please do share.

Right now, I do not know what to do except sharing my problem here.

Comments

• Thank you Traffic. Yes, its from Incero and Dallas Probably.

So if they are moving to another location, do it mean I will get back my server with all my stuff as it is after the migration?.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited January 2016

Hello,

I woke up an hour ago, and noticed it. We're working on it as I speak. An email has been sent to all those who are affected and, after resolution, we'll be providing a full RFO.

We appreciate your patience and would like to ensure that we are doing our best to solve this matter as soon as possible.

• @goodone said:
    So if they are moving to another location, do it mean I will get back my server with all my stuff as it is after the migration?.

Yes, they are physically moving the servers, so everything should be as it was before they were shutdown.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2016

Well Incero is migrating the servers to their new DC , as such almost everyone in Incero is facing downtime. DrServer will be providing compensation for downtime but currently there isn't any ETA available about when the servers will be back online.

Regards,

DrServer Team.

• @Traffic

Thank you. :)

@MrGeneral who is this?. Sorry I don't comes here frequently. Are you from DrServer or Incero?. And I didn't received any email. I bought it from DrServer. So probably they received it but not forwarded?. But when they post a maintenance schedule they do let know the customers. Not sure what happened this time though. Thanks anyway.

• My xenstorage is down too did not receive any notification either but its all good

• edited January 2016

masterqqq said: My xenstorage is down too did not receive any notification either but its all good

Prometeus announcing their maintenance using email too. Still with the same DC, but at another location.

So, maybe all upgrade from Incero Dallas

• Anna_ParkerAnna_Parker Member
    edited January 2016

MrGeneral said: An email has been sent to all those who are affected

I didn't get any notification e-mail. However @BharatB has replied blazing fast to my ticket. Sometimes shit happens, so I'm not worried. ;-)))

EDIT: Got it just right now.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@goodone said:
    Traffic

Thank you. :)

MrGeneral who is this?. Sorry I don't comes here frequently. Are you from DrServer or Incero?. And I didn't received any email. I bought it from DrServer. So probably they received it but not forwarded?. But when they post a maintenance schedule they do let know the customers. Not sure what happened this time though. Thanks anyway.

I work for DrServer. Could you please check your email again? PM me and we'll resend it over.

For those who did not receive the email:

"Dear Client,

This is to bring to your kind notice that XenStorage in our Incero Dallas region is offline for migration by Incero, ETA to re-deploy the cluster is currently unknown. We'll keep you updated and as always downtime will be compensated.

Thank you for your continuous support towards DrServer services.

Regards,
    DrServer Team."

• Oh god. He works for Dr Server. Just as I started to like Bharat and thinking of buying some

• VPSDime also mailed to me about the incero Dallas migration about 2 weeks ago or so, but DrServer just sent the mail 30 mins ago. as they're in the same DC, seems DrServer didn't noticed the mail from Incero earlier? what ever, we know that there would be a server migration, we just sit and wait for the completion.
    BTW, my VPSDime dallas VPS is still online, maybe different migration time window

Thanked by 1arpanjot
  • there isn't any ETA

best practice for datacentre migration

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • So is Incero pulling a VolumeDrive? Just kidding.

• LeeLee Veteran

@MrGeneral said:
    Hello,

I woke up an hour ago, and noticed it. We're working on it as I speak. An email has been sent to all those who are affected and, after resolution, we'll be providing a full RFO.

We appreciate your patience and would like to ensure that we are doing our best to solve this matter as soon as possible.

That makes no sense, Incero told you it was happening, so you should not just be waking up to this like it's an unknown issue and just telling customers once the outage happens.

Thanked by 2Dylan lbft
    edited January 2016

@Lee said:
    That makes no sense, Incero told you it was happening, so you should not just be waking up to this like it's an unknown issue and just telling customers once the outage happens.

I'm not handling the server migrations / communication, at all, but I will inform our staff regarding this, to prevent further "unplanned" downtimes.

I'll make sure this won't occur again.

(Do note that in fact I wasn't aware this was going on. Could only read the staff chat, after which Bharat told us what was going on, and he's communicating with Incero, I apologise for any miscommunication from me).

• @MrGeneral

I have received that email which you has been sent 2 hour ago. Came right away in inbox.
    Now I know the problem and all I can do is waiting....

Thanks.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@Lee said:

To answer that question migration notifications or any network maintainence for that matter Andrej holds the credentials to all billing for the bare metals, we are given notification by him and we act accordingly. Andrej has been sick past few days and hasn't been active lately, which is the main cause of delay in notifying our clients the same.

• yywudiyywudi Member
    edited January 2016

From incero status in twitter:

Incero Status ‏@InceroStatus 55m55 minutes ago

Migrated servers booted. If you cant access them please check your IPMI, if your IPMI is not working, send a ticket with serverid in subject

but drserver xenstorage vps/virtualizor are still down

• @yywudi said:
    From incero status in twitter:
    but drserver xenstorage vps/virtualizor are still down

It might not be resolved for everyone yet.

But, after I've checked this topic and I'm worried about using Xen in AzureWeb nodes; Might I know the reason of this downtime?

UPDATE:

We've got our IPMI details I'm actively working on getting the VMs back online there will be a heavy overhead since more than 200 vms are present in XS so please be patient.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

goodone said: Hi, Today I have received an email from pingdom tools that my server went offline, I has 2 server from Drserver.net, I wasn't able to access any website nor ftp or shell access were working.

check your email, I've received at least 3 emails from that migration, since December.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

netomx said: check your email, I've received at least 3 emails from that migration, since December.

From whom ? DrServer or Incero ?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Clouvider said:
    From whom ? DrServer or Incero ?

Sorry, never put attention on my emails and I have just checked. It is VPSDime

• @BharatB said:
    UPDATE:

We've got our IPMI details I'm actively working on getting the VMs back online there will be a heavy overhead since more than 200 vms are present in XS so please be patient.

Thank you @BharatB. Waiting here patiently. Hopefully mine 2 will be working soon - tomorrow....

Thanked by 1BharatB
  • So they moved from Psychz? To where?

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@Junkless said:
    So they moved from Psychz? To where?

Their own DC as far as I understand.

• Oh, that's nice.