Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated 7.5$ - Atom N2800 / 4GB / 2TB HDD / 100Mbps / Flat - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated 7.5$ - Atom N2800 / 4GB / 2TB HDD / 100Mbps / Flat

2»

Comments

• @GM2015 said:
    Then you'd complain if they ditched the service or gone deadpool.

Why does he care? All he is a warehouse for chairs. Their marketing makes no sense. It's limited and they are using this for marketing/advertising purposes. Once their 'limited' number runs out they've just made a massive loss unless the customers leave and no one would actually keep buying their service or keep buying into their service since it's just cheaper Kimsufi and how good their actual services are, are unknown.

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • @ChairHosting said:
    I might grab one actually, I have a bunch of stuff I wanna back up. Ill try the Monthly on first and let you guys know how well it goes with the network.

We already discovered it's just a Kimsufi server which is $13.49 a month, you're just wasting $2.51 a month.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @UnitUnidentified said:
    We already discovered it's just a Kimsufi server which is $13.49 a month, you're just wasting $2.51 a month.

AFAIK he is also a chair manufacturer so they would be paying the extra $2.51 for the extended bytechef support.

Thanked by 1UnitUnidentified
  • Do you rent/loan chairs out for events?

Thanked by 1dedicados
    Do you rent/loan chairs out for events?

Hello

Hope you're joking, we don't sell/rent chairs of any type..

• @ChairHosting said:
    Hope you're joking, we don't sell/rent chairs of any type..

Do you host chairs? I don't understand that concept, please explain.

• ChairHostingChairHosting Member
    edited January 2016

@UnitUnidentified said:
    Do you host chairs? I don't understand that concept, please explain.

Hello

We host servers only. If you want chairs go to Bed Bath and Beyond or something, we're out of stock on those and will be forever :D.

• @ChairHosting said:
    We host servers only. If you want chairs go to Bed Bath and Beyond or something, we're out of stock on those and will be forever :D.

So what's the chair thing about? I thought you might have had an actual USP rather than just being another cookie-cutter host with a daft name.

Thanked by 1ManofServer
  • @Nekki said:
    So what's the chair thing about? I thought you might have had an actual USP rather than just being another cookie-cutter host with a daft name.

Hello

When did a low end server discussion turn into a Chair discussion... To answer your question do I really have to justify why we used chair instead of something else for our brand name?

• edited January 2016

@Nekki said:

Don't worry, someone will have a new venture called MousesAndKeyboardsForSale and they'll provide fresh milk for local users.

• @ChairHosting said:
    When did a low end server discussion turn into a Chair discussion... To answer your question do I really have to justify why we used chair instead of something else for our brand name?

Maybe their servers are hosted on chairs.

Maybe their servers are hosted on chairs.

Hello

Why does everyone think that.. We still use racks.

• @ChairHosting said:
    Why does everyone think that.. We still use racks.

I don't know, obviously it's not from your company's name. Probably it's because of how slow your services are, I don't know, it's just an assumption to why they'd speculate that.

• Hello

Okay the company name says chair, we came up with that name, doesn't mean servers are on chairs.

• @ChairHosting said:
    Okay the company name says chair, we came up with that name, doesn't mean servers are on chairs.

Your advertising and marketing team are very creative and original A+ to them.

Your advertising and marketing team are very creative and original A+ to them.

Hello

I'll just take that as a compliment, I don't feel like continuing this discussion.

• @ChairHosting said:
    I'll just take that as a compliment, I don't feel like continuing this discussion.

Alright Chair, I'm sure your competitor is bed or couch, hopefully you can survive in the furniture hosting space.

• @ChairHosting said:

You don't have to justify anything. I'm just curious as to why you chose such an unsuitable name is all.

Reminds me of he scene in Anchorman when Ron asks the 'mentally retarded' (his words) Brick what he loves, and he starts reeling off a list of items he loves based on the things he sees in the room, like 'I love lamp'. Sounds like your naming discussion went in a similar direction.

Thinking about it, LampHosting would actually have been a better name, at least you could have stylised it as LAMP. Next time, get Brick Tamland on the phone.

• Then they'd be selling nginx(LEMP,LNMP) stacks only.

Nekki said: Thinking about it, LampHosting would actually have been a better name, at least you could have stylised it as LAMP. Next time, get Brick Tamland on the phone.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • Nekki said: Thinking about it, LampHosting would actually have been a better name, at least you could have stylised it as LAMP. Next time, get Brick Tamland on the phone.

BenchHosting - benchmark, focus on speed, something something obvious.

So much room for potential, but seems they looked at what was in the room, and... yeah.

Branding does matter, to be unable to define your company name is odd, that's all.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • I wish to collocated my chair in your office. What is your floor capacity? Do you offer DOS protection, rg cattle prodding lazy people out of them?

• LowEndChairs

• @Nekki said:
    Thinking about it, LampHosting would actually have been a better name, at least you could have stylised it as LAMP. Next time, get Brick Tamland on the phone.

<3 Anchorman. "Brick is dead" "You are Brick"

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • ManofServerManofServer Member
    edited January 2016

@Nekki said:

Dude, that's kind of antisemitic isn't it :D

Anyways @UnitUnidentified, I got a pic of his racks

Thanked by 1UnitUnidentified
  • Back to topic.

So they invested a lot of money into these machines... at Online.net

Trying to think what this could mean expect they paid 12 month / annually for a boatload of servers on that SaaS offering.

Wonder what happens once the current server's times are up. New pricing, or are these rates guaranteed?

(bookmarks to check in 6 and 12 months)

• @Kris said:
    Wonder what happens once the current server's times are up. New pricing, or are these rates guaranteed?

this! is what keeps me from ordering ;-)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @ManofServer said:

Yeah, I'm more into office chairs, they're more comfortable.

• ChronicChronic Member
    edited January 2016

I'd get one of these in a heatbeat if I could pay monthly at $7.5 - and I'd keep it for more than a year at least. But I'm not paying up front for a year to a company I know nothing about.