Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated 7.5$ - Atom N2800 / 4GB / 2TB HDD / 100Mbps / Flat
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated 7.5$ - Atom N2800 / 4GB / 2TB HDD / 100Mbps / Flat

Recently saw this offer and felt like sharing...
Might be interesting?

Link to WHT.

We have just few of these 2016 Special Atom Processor based Servers, which have huge storage and very good processor. You can use these as Storage Servers or Seed boxes as they have unmetered traffic on 100Mbps port.

The specs are as follows:

>

RAM - 4 GB / Number of Drives - 1 / HDD - 2TB / IP - 1

>

Traffic - Unmetered
Speed - 100 Mbps

>

Very limited quantity

>

Price: $7.5 / Month when paid annually

>

I dont know the hoster so purchase at your own risk or use google.

Cheers,
Wolf

Thanked by 1rokok

Comments

• Kimsufi

• @joodle said:
    Kimsufi

Scam Edition

• FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited January 2016

Wolf said: very good processor

Wolf said: Atom N2800

If i'd live in the US, I would sue them for that sentence.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@Frecyboy said:
    If i'd live in the US, I would sue them for that sentence.

EPIC Statement :v :v :v

• Thanked by 1Wolf
  • ShigawireShigawire Member
    edited January 2016

Cart says $16. Maybe because I'm german.

I suck.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • @joodle said:
    Kimsufi

No I doubt it, they're cheaper and they're not located in any of the OVH/Kimsufi locations.

• @UnitUnidentified said:
    No I doubt it, they're cheaper and they're not located in any of the OVH/Kimsufi locations.

Are you sure?

• edited January 2016

@albertdb said:
    Are you sure?

Kimsufi is 4.99 euros for 500gb and 2gb ram a month.

• albertdbalbertdb Member
    edited January 2016

@UnitUnidentified said:
    Kimsufi is 4.99 euros for 500gb and 2gb ram a month.

I know, but it could be a scam. KS-2 has (although not oficially) 2TB disk. So they can provide service for a few months and then disappear and run with your money.

• @albertdb said:
    I know, but it could be a scam. KS-2 has (although not oficially) 2TB disk. So they can provide service for a few months and then disappear and run with your money.

Yeah, just verified 'Location: France ', so it's true. Unless they're eating up $25 a year which I doubt it, why would anyone make a non-profitable business.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

Maybe those Kimsufi's are lost somehow after they did not renew them. I have a few SYS servers that are "lost" for more than 6 months after renewal date and they are still available though control panel.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited January 2016

You just have to happen to have root access to those unpaid servers , hm?

I've read others having similar stories on OVH vps-s with 2-3 free months being late on payments.

exception0x876 said: Maybe those Kimsufi's are lost somehow after they did not renew them. I have a few SYS servers that are "lost" for more than 6 months after renewal date and they are still available though control panel.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@GM2015 said:
    You just have to happen to have root access to those unpaid servers , hm?

Exactly. Full access including reinstall via control panel. So maybe they have the same "issue" with their Kimsufi servers.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • Life is unjust. I need to look into ordering some of those servers.

exception0x876 said: Exactly. Full access including reinstall via control panel. So maybe they have the same "issue" with their Kimsufi servers.

• They will run them for 3-6 months (avoid PP disputes) then kick you and you cant charge back

• I have dedicated server with them for more than year. They do resell of online.net. No problems at all.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • This is what they said on WHT:

Sorry we disagree on your take on this offer, this is why:

First of all we have been doing business from 2 years plus and we have other co-related businesses. Some of these Servers were part of a project, which was stopped for some unforseen reasons. So we are offloading these Servers to recover the money, which we have already paid for.

Secondly... These losses we are taking upon as part of a marketing stratergy, instead of putting money into Google Ads. In fact we had to write off a few hundred dollars spent on google ads as they never bought any customers.

Also we are not forcing anyone to buy annual plans only, they can buy monthly plans too.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2016

UnitUnidentified said: So we are offloading these Servers to recover the money, which we have already paid for

+

UnitUnidentified said: These losses we are taking upon as part of a marketing stratergy, instead of putting money into Google Ads

These two statements do not match. They're either recovering the money or taking a loss for marketing, I don't understand why they would claim to be doing both unless they're lying.

• @jarland said:
    These two statements do not match. They're either recovering the money or taking a loss for marketing, I don't understand why they would claim to be doing both unless they're lying.

I think he's saying that they have already paid for them for a while, and they're just sat being redundant.

Thinking of picking one up again.. I miss my 2013 Kimsufi :(

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    They will run them for 3-6 months (avoid PP disputes) then kick you and you cant charge back

It's this. $7.50/mo * 12 = $90 USD. Those boxes are ~$11 USD/mo (10 Eur), maybe keep it online for a few months and then keep the rest of the cash.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Sorry for the delayed reply, even though rahulks had tagged, the notification email had gone to the spam folder.

Well these Servers were bought to host our E-Store plans ( http://www.bytechef.in/e-store.html ), but we stopped doing it for multiple reasons one of them was managing mutiple servers is a pain. Now we use Scaleway as it offers snapshots etc and also it has a Prestashop image, we just have to spin up the server when we get an order.

Of course these are Kimsufi Dedi's and we have already lost some money on these Servers as they were idle for more than 2 months now.

• @bytechef said:
    Of course these are Kimsufi Dedi's and we have already lost some money on these Servers as they were idle for more than 2 months now.

So why sell them below cost and lose more? This doesn't add up.

• mikeyur said: So why sell them below cost and lose more? This doesn't add up.

To recoup costs?

• @mikeyur We have invested on those servers, which we want to recover.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@bytechef I'll give you 12 dollars for the yr for that server.

• @Shigawire said:
    Cart says $16. Maybe because I'm german.

I suck.

Hello,
    It says it needs to be paid annually, Id grab one for my computer backups :D.

• Then you'd complain if they ditched the service or gone deadpool.

ChairHosting said: Hello, It says it needs to be paid annually, Id grab one for my computer backups :D.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • ChairHostingChairHosting Member
    edited January 2016

@GM2015 said:
    Then you'd complain if they ditched the service or gone deadpool.

Hello,

I might grab one actually, I have a bunch of stuff I wanna back up. Ill try the Monthly on first and let you guys know how well it goes with the network.

Edit: Paypal payment goes to a personal account?