Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cloudflare and ssl
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cloudflare and ssl

hi
i have some ssl in some of my sites and apparently the ssl is NOT supported with free plans in cloudflare?

can anybody explain how it works?

Comments

• the ssl issued by others are only supported in their paid plans, that's what they replied in the ticket.

i'm confused how to apply this.

• rokokrokok Member
    edited January 2016

You can't do that, free plan use CF sni ssl, you need paid plan if u want to use your *own ssl

Look at DigitalOcean, the main site use cloudflare but still use their EV SSL, you think DO use free cf account lol

Thanked by 1Chalipa
  • @rokok said:
    You can't do that, free plan use CF sni ssl, you need paid plan if u want to use your *own ssl

Look at DigitalOcean, the main site use cloudflare but still use their EV SSL, you think DO use free cf account lol

I didn't get what you mean by digital ocean, but thanks for clearing the question.

• CF works with your own SSL-Cert even in FreeMode. Just set the SSL-Mode to strict within your CF-Panel.

• rokokrokok Member
    edited January 2016

Its just an example, DO use cloudflare servises but not using ssl issued from cf part but use their own ssl

• @Chalipa said:
    I didn't get what you mean by digital ocean, but thanks for clearing the question.

digitalocean.com

Thanked by 2GM2015 ManofServer
  • @Wolf said:
    CF works with your own SSL-Cert even in FreeMode. Just set the SSL-Mode to strict within your CF-Panel.

I believe you can't do this on free plan :) I think OP ask if he can use his own ssl and not using cf sni ssl.

• WolfWolf Member
    edited January 2016

@rokok
    I'm on the free plan and it works just perfect. No idea if its a bug(?) or whatever, but whoever connects to my domain sees 'my' SSL Cert. The one I payed for and assigned to my domain and hosting.

//Update on 05.01.2016 // 08:30:
    Free plan uses the CF - Cert, my paid one (the one I checked) my own... Sorry!

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

You can use your own SSL, but only between cloudflare and your server. From your client, they cannot see your own certificate.

• Wolf said: @rokok I'm on the free plan and it works just perfect. No idea if its a bug(?) or whatever, but whoever connects to my domain sees 'my' SSL Cert. The one I payed for and assigned to my domain and hosting.

And are you sure that you have CF enabled on that domain/subdomain?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Wolf said: whoever connects to my domain sees 'my' SSL Cert

Are you sure using free plan?

All free plan use CF SNI, OP ask for his *own SSL to visitor while using CF proxy

• I just use CF SSL and not my own. Works fine and I redirect all traffic to HTTPS

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@Wolf said:
    rokok
    I'm on the free plan and it works just perfect. No idea if its a bug(?) or whatever, but whoever connects to my domain sees 'my' SSL Cert. The one I payed for and assigned to my domain and hosting.

Never Ever Possible :v

Thanked by 1yomero
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@Wolf said:
    rokok

Mind Sharing the Link / Sending it as Message !

Thanked by 1yomero
  • @Mahfuz_SS_EHL
    @All

I have to apologize, the one I checked was not a free plan.

My other domains got an SSL - Cert but show / use the free CF-one.

Anyway, all my domains run in strict mode.

Sorry.