Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Providers 180 Days PayPal risk of refund request from clients. How to protect against it ? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Providers 180 Days PayPal risk of refund request from clients. How to protect against it ?

2»

Comments

• I wonder if this type of single large transaction would be worth going through some sort of escrow service. The fees might be prohibitive, though.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited January 2016

For an order of this amount, you should have had verbal (face to face or telephone) communication with the customer, find out a bit more about him.. just to put any potential doubts at ease.

• tarek.boxtarek.box Member
    edited January 2016

100% sure that PayPal will cut the money from your account and refund the buyer

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@FlamesRunner said:
    Have any orders over $100 require picture ID.

Works pretty damn well.

It also upset a lot of customer, some scam people just don't bother to reply - I personally verify every order.

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited January 2016

I actually won my paypal dispute recently by talking to paypal on the phone as to be honest when something like that happens I don't do email I talk to a human on the phone with paypal tell them all the info I have including sending screenshots of the whmcs billing panel and highlighting the entries using the snipping tool on win7 and above and also taking screenshots of the virtualizor control panel showing that in fact the vps's are there and highlighting the lines in the screenshots which belonged to the paypal fraudster and sending them to paypal as I asked the person on the phone with paypal does the highlighting work and they said yes it helps to prove that those are the paypal fraudster's vps and payment details etc(and it helps it stand out so paypal can see it better)
    so do this and you probably will win the case in your(seller's) favor when you have absolute proof backing up the goods/virtual services/intangible goods was in fact delivered. I did this and won the case in my favor because I gave paypal this information and giving screenshots proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that the goods was shipped/delivered. and I even got the bonus of paypal putting a "red flag" on the buyer's account for opening the cases or in essence basically committing fraud.
    and how I was able to do that is when I called paypal back after getting the screenshots & all evidence submitted I told them I wanted to counter the claims and wanted to chargeback on them for fraud(which like I said they did do since it was basically filing false reports/claims)

Also my fraudrecord module has @black's api in it that it does both fraudrecord checks & @black's proxy checks api as well basically two in one fraud module that does this while automatically scanning/screening the orders.

• @timnboys said:
    I actually won my paypal dispute recently by talking to paypal on the phone as to be honest when something like that happens I don't do email I talk to a human on the phone with paypal tell them all the info I have including sending screenshots of the whmcs billing panel and highlighting the entries using the snipping tool on win7 and above and also taking screenshots of the virtualizor control panel showing that in fact the vps's are there and highlighting the lines in the screenshots which belonged to the paypal fraudster and sending them to paypal as I asked the person on the phone with paypal does the highlighting work and they said yes it helps to prove that those are the paypal fraudster's vps and payment details etc(and it helps it stand out so paypal can see it better)
    so do this and you probably will win the case in your(seller's) favor when you have absolute proof backing up the goods/virtual services/intangible goods was in fact delivered. I did this and won the case in my favor because I gave paypal this information and giving screenshots proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that the goods was shipped/delivered. and I even got the bonus of paypal putting a "red flag" on the buyer's account for opening the cases or in essence basically committing fraud.
    and how I was able to do that is when I called paypal back after getting the screenshots & all evidence submitted I told them I wanted to counter the claims and wanted to chargeback on them for fraud(which like I said they did do since it was basically filing false reports/claims)

Also my fraudrecord module has black's api in it that it does both fraudrecord checks & black's proxy checks api as well basically two in one fraud module that does this while automatically scanning/screening the orders.

I have loaded screenshots proofs on paypal case and called them to tell the story. I have told them a few things about it and the operator placed me on hold and then he told me that the case its going to be investigated by the appropriate department and should be solved in 1-2 hours. I'm waiting for the email response now.

• The best way is to ask for ID and some kind of invoice. But, not always this helps. You should be ready to make loss sometimes to have a successful business.

• anthony1anthony1 Member
    edited January 2016

Some people that fail to pay with paypal or deny the order due to maxmind fraud module they are asking for skrill or neteller, why is that ? Its more easy to fraud with skrill/neteller ?

• @anthony1 said:
    Some people that fail to pay with paypal or deny the order due to maxmind fraud module they are asking for skrill or neteller, why is that ? Its more easy to fraud with skrill/neteller ?

nope. neteller is very good . sign up yourself and check how many documents and verification you have to go through.

+1 for nt and net+ card >3

edited January 2016

Bangladesh orders are coming like crazy with stolen paypal accounts. Is any provider facing the same issue ? I'm thinking to totally block this country together with proxy IPs. What do you think ?

• CasterCaster Member
    edited January 2016

@anthony1 said:
    Bangladesh orders are coming like crazy with stolen paypal accounts. Is any provider facing the same issue ? I'm thinking to totally block this country together with proxy IPs. What do you think ?

I too get many orders from Bangladesh and less that 1% of them are chargebackers 99.99℅ use fake pp .

I asked a couple of guys why and they answered :
    "PayPal doesn't exists in our country but with PayPal you can buy 99% things in the internet."

well I asked for their I'd and phone and they did passed all. except few which is refunded.

if you really wanna blockz then start with Nigeria . 99% of country wants to host and email "ransomware" . god damn world.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Caster said: I too get many orders from Bangladesh and less that 1% of them are chargebackers 99.99℅ use fake pp .

What do you classify as 'fake'? Bad details? Stolen? Unverified?

Francisco

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @Caster said:
    I too get many orders from Bangladesh and less that 1% of them are chargebackers 99.99℅ use fake pp .
    well I asked for their I'd and phone and they did passed all. except few which is refunded.

This looks like a good news in a way..
    You have payments older like 180 days.. ? how about big amounts order $200-$1000 per order ? Paypal email used for payments match the email used to register on your website ?

edited January 2016

@Francisco said:
    What do you classify as 'fake'? Bad details? Stolen? Unverified?

Exactly > @Caster, What do you classify as 'fake'?

@anthony1 said:

No no, i'm asking, what do you classify as it, just so everyone is on the same page. 'fake' can make many things.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

by fake I meant they open pp with fake details. probably with same name but us or Canada as country.

As a provider we try to grow and help out our clienta but when they use kind of this stuff off we are taking risk. the best way is Id verification with phone .

As from my personal experience I can say I had only 1 chargeback specially when dealing clients of this country.

• I don't know if it's viable for your business in terms of volume or anything, but since PP asks for physical proof of items shipped even for e-goods I make the service a tangible good by shipping via first class + tracking a letter with just a thank you or welcome and user name and a link to retrieve their password or something. You can print everything out and just give it to the mail guy or arrange a pickup online. I know it costs like $1 each but so far every time I had a tracking w/info actually shipped I've won the a CB. Once you do that it shifts the burden to the buyer to prove it's not them and also it notifies the buyer if it's a stolen card. Either way seller protection will kick in and with a bit of indignation on the phone I've had it work quite a few times. I think it's worth the trouble because last time I had a CB it was for $1000 and it wrecked my account for a a bit and even though in my state legally I'm allowed to keep it as an unconditional gift by statute PP still charged back.

You can buy postage and tracking stuff online for cheaper than going to the post office anyway. Overseas one are harder because they want not just first class but global priority or something, so compare with UPS and Fedex and see if anyone will give you international tracked anything for cheap, PP will take anything except the $1.20 international first class (and sometimes they'll take that too but sometimes they'll say there's no signature required on delivery, although domestic priority doesn't have signature either and they'll take it, very inconsistent especially as signing things in some places isn't as common as the US).

Thanked by 2Mridul apidevlab
  • @Caster said:
    if you really wanna blockz then start with Nigeria . 99% of country wants to host and email "ransomware" . god damn world.

No you are wrong the Nigerian prince needs to send people billions in with a "cloud vps"

• Yeah this is always fun to deal with.

Provide a copy of the order details from WHMCS, I do it with a screen shot. Make sure it also shows their details they used when signing up and the transaction id. Once you have uploaded this to paypal give them a call. Each time I've called I get the money back. When you let the computer decide the outcome without talking to them you get screwed each time.

If you get an order and the details don't match with the paypal account require id. I give them 24 hours to provide it and if they don't or reply with some bullcrap reason for the mismatched info I refund the money to the account and cancel the order.

When first starting out your most likely to look past things that are out of place. It's not worth your account getting frozen. Use MindMax, FraudRecord etc. The amount of fraud with VPS and Dedicated Servers orders is unreal.

• @Francisco said:

Unverified as a starter, then most the time they sign up conflicting information email, address etc.

@ATHK said:

OK, so we're on the same page then :)

Francisco

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited February 2016

@Francisco said:

Well we are ;) can't speak for others.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Skrill had the best protection against any fraud, but they did charge 7% or 7.5% extra per transaction in past. To protect any transaction why not to request the customer to fill the 'Credit/Debit Card authorisation' form this way majority of scam/fraud will disappear.