Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ramnode being DDosed - anyone affected ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ramnode being DDosed - anyone affected ?

Got an alert on my NYC server being null-routed, opened a ticket and server was up in 20 mins after the reply to ticket. They said They are currently receiving a rolling DDoS attack through that entire /24, so your VPS was caught in crossfire, the server was not being targeted in particular.

The server is up, and this is the first time in last 1.5 yrs such a thing happened to me with Ramnode. Just check your services too.

Wish you goodluck Ramnode... Kepp up the good service

Thanked by 1rokok

Comments

• namhuynamhuy Member
    edited January 2016

I dont monitor my ramnode vps since its just for backup but its pretty much solid. kudos to ramnode and @$!# to whoever stress test ramnode.

Thanked by 1mehargags
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

My NYC VPS hasn't had an outage since I bought it. http://status.jgz.pw

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited January 2016

Attacks rotating trough customer subnets are indeed very hard to deal with. Good luck, Nick...

Thanked by 2doghouch netomx
  • Mine got null routed as well. Glad to see it wasn't just me :)

• all fine here :)

• This happened before in NL. I've never been DDoS'd so I was pretty surprised when I got the RamNull email

• Oh good, I wasn't alone this time.

• My VPS on ramnode is not impacted. :)

• My nl vps is running fine

• SohbetSohbet Member
    edited January 2016

all fine here :)

• Why is this even a thread?

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • It's down again...
    I'm told these attacks usually prevail twice.

• @JoeMerit said:
    Why is this even a thread?

Epidemiology.

My NY VPS with RamNode appears to have been unaffected. No new traffic that was brought to my attention, anyway. Depending on the form the DDoS took, it's possible my existing firewall rules (including 104 /8 entries) took care of the most poorly managed source networks.

• It's a "rolling DDoS on that range" what they said

• mehargags said: It's down again... I'm told these attacks usually prevail twice.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

It would be better to handle these issues via support ticket with us directly rather than publicize them and promote additional attacks. The current attack is fairly small and not widespread.

• @Nick_A the intent of my thread was to notify the community and see if more friends are affected, and I did this "after" opening a ticket and conversing with Support Team.

I do agree the issue needs to be handled by ticket system. LET is where I found Ramnode and your superior service, never intended to "publicize" them over here to get bad remarks for you. I will however keep in mind if "this" attracts additional attacks... thanks for the pointer.

Hope all is set!

• Getting downtime alerts sporadically, and canned responses from support. Wider than thought.

Hello,

Traceroutes don't show loss. You will need to submit an MTR to include that information. Please note that the traces you showed where successful and showed it as up.

Regards,

It wasn't my traceroutes, it was Constellix that Auto MTR's after it fails from two locations. Swing and a miss.

edited January 2016

Please PM me your ticket ID. There were two brief attacks much earlier, nothing widespread. You may be experiencing something unrelated.

• kingpinkingpin Member
    edited January 2016

Considering the proportion of complaints here (tiny number) and a number of Ramnode customers (huge number) I would assume that this is the minor issue which should be addressed on a per customer basis (tickets to support), otherwise there would've already been lots of complaints all over LET.

I'm flagging this thread for removal as too localized.

(Not a Ramnode customer here.)

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2016

kingpin said: I'm flagging this thread for removal as too localized.

Flag this one too -- http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/71798/violation-of-terms

• Looks like its still an issue, my voice server just went offline..

The issue that started this thread was short lived and ended quite a while ago. Please open a ticket if you need assistance with anything going forward. There was a large DDoS attack against an individual IP (no rolling attack) in LA just now that caused some blips. You can follow twitter.com/nodestatus in such cases.

This thread is just causing confusion at this point.

Thanked by 1impossiblystupid
  • @Nick_A said:
    The issue that started this thread was short lived and ended quite a while ago. Please open a ticket if you need assistance with anything going forward. There was a large DDoS attack against an individual IP (no rolling attack) in LA just now that caused some blips. You can follow twitter.com/nodestatus in such cases.

This thread is just causing confusion at this point.

This was the case. Sorry for any confusion I came back up fairly quickly after

It's ok - I just want to make sure any newcomers to this thread understand the problem that it initially referenced was very brief and ended over 14 hours ago. Anything since then has been unrelated to what sparked this thread. I've asked that this thread by locked so as to prevent any further confusion.

• @Nick_A said:
    It's ok - I just want to make sure any newcomers to this thread understand the problem that it initially referenced was very brief and ended over 14 hours ago. Anything since then has been unrelated to what sparked this thread. I've asked that this thread by locked so as to prevent any further confusion.

Don't you offer DDoS protection anyway? Or is that a addon?

All I've heard is praises of your services I've never seen anyone whine about it in the past year or two.. Perhaps it may be time to add free DDoS protection for all clients ;) ;)

• @ATHK said:
    All I've heard is praises of your services I've never seen anyone whine about it in the past year or two.. Perhaps it may be time to add free DDoS protection for all clients ;) ;)

$5/mo addon

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @ATHK said:

free DDoS protection for all clients ;) ;)

I will move all my vps to ramnode

• @rokok said:
    I will move all my vps to ramnode

I probably would too :)

This discussion has been closed.