Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why Celeron B815 is faster than E5450 ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why Celeron B815 is faster than E5450 ?

Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Hi,

My Desktop PC is having ancient Intel DG41RQ (G41 Chipset) Board with Modded Xeon E5450 (LGA 771 > 775) with 4 GB DDR2 Memory (1.8v) & a SAMSUNG HD322HJ 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5 Hard Disk.

On the other hand, My Laptop runs on Intel HM65 Board with Intel Celeron B815 with 4 GB DDR3 Memory (1333 Bus, 1.5v) & a HITACHI Travelstar Z5K320 320GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 2.5 Hard Disk.

But, it seems that My Laptop is faster than the Desktop on a Fresh Install of Windows 8.1 Pro. Should it be like this ?? The Benchmark of B815 is quite low comparing to E5450, also the Desktop has more Ram.

Should it be worthy to upgrade from B815 to Core i7-2720QM with 2 GB DDR3 Ram More (Total 4 GB Memory) ?? Any Problem if I use 1600 Bus Ram for the 2nd Slot ??

Thanks in Advance !

Comments

• the i7-2720QM is quite old but still quite fast i certainly would upgrade/

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

How are you quantifying that the laptop is faster than the desktop? What specifically is slower?

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@KuJoe said:
    How are you quantifying that the laptop is faster than the desktop? What specifically is slower?

By the startup time, Loading of Browser, Multi-tasking, Hard Disk Speed !

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL Everything you've described is mostly unrelated to the CPU, upgrade your hard drive to an SSD to fix those issues. :)

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL Get a SSD, and maybe more ram. @kuJoe is right, an SSD will fix your desktops main bottleneck.