Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi still worth it?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi still worth it?

popxpopx Member
edited December 2015 in General

What's your opinion on Kimsufi servers, yes they're old but I guess 10e (4gb ram, 1tb hdd, atom) > 10e VPS. Also you can abuse it as much as you want... Imho it's still worth it.

EDIT: + you get their ddos protection, never really tried it myself, and I don't know if it works, worth mentioning though.

Thanked by 1rokok

Comments

• Nic_20TBSSDNic_20TBSSD Member
    edited December 2015

Still worth it, yep! whenever they have stock that is.

• $10 gets me Atom 330, 2GB ram and 500GB disk in WSI. So yeah KS is worth it decent for small shit

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Value for the money, but of course, not fit for all purposes.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

For 6EUR a DDoS Protected Atom yes, its worth the money.

Try to get one when they have stock.

• Still have the introduction BHS offer from when it opened.

119 euros a year for 2TB HDD, 4GB RAM, little Atom.

Thing has never gone down, only some network issues when a fiber was down.

Worth it I'd say.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited December 2015

The only thing that made me cancel both of my KS1s, were the Kidechires. Aside from those, KS1 is still the best deal ever.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • I used them up until about two months ago, the server was solid in the six months I had it. Highly recommended.

• rm_ said: The only thing that made me cancel both of my KS1s were the Kidechires.

+1

When I grabbed 3 kidechires, I canceled my kimsufi (with 500HDD, though and Atom 330 if I remember well). If kidechires did have a little bit more HDD, would be even more incredible :-)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • The free 100GB storage isn't so impressive, but it's quite good.

jvnadr said: When I grabbed 3 kidechires, I canceled my kimsufi (with 500HDD, though and Atom 330 if I remember well). If kidechires did have a little bit more HDD, would be even more incredible :-)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • popxpopx Member
    edited December 2015

Anyone tested their DDoS protection, what is it like?

• I had the 4€ initial kimsufi offer (incl VAT!) and it was great, but support treated me like garbage. Forum support that was not even Mon-Fri as advertised, even though when I ordered the server there was no forum support for KS.

So I canceled my servers. Now I am happy with online.net, which would be great if they didn't have setup fees. But you can still get a box from oneprovider in Paris location (online.net reseller), or wait for kidéchires. Kimsufi is always out of stock anyway.

• @popx

It was always worth it - if you didn't want any support

• Yes my £2.99 atom n2800 with 2gb ram and 500gb hdd is definitely worth the money but not suitable for all uses. Its never had any downtime in 2 years.

• @sc754 said:
    Yes my £2.99 atom n2800 with 2gb ram and 500gb hdd is definitely worth the money but not suitable for all uses. Its never had any downtime in 2 years.

Yeah, I don't expect much from it, I just want to host my BNC and my IRC bot, all I need is stable network nothing else really :p

Thanked by 1netomx
  • popx said: Yeah, I don't expect much from it, I just want to host my BNC and my IRC bot, all I need is stable network nothing else really :p

VPS would be fine for that, as long as it's not prohibited in the provider's AUP.

• When they're in stock, definitely!