Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

centos-web-panel, vestacp and senorita
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

centos-web-panel, vestacp and senorita

I might take on a new client which wants me to do sysadmin for a rather large shared web hosting environment.

We're talking about a range of 1500 nodes with controlpanels ranging from webmin to cpanel and the above mentioned.

I'm tasked with setting up an underlying virtualization platform (still hardware) and afterwards to migrate all the stuff to recent linux and plesk (because API, not my choice) VM's on that platform. Some machines are as old as centos 3.

What is the state of the 3 controlpanels in the subject? Read, which one is the worst on security and should be high on the migration list, and which are reasonably secure and can wait some time?

I know zpanel is crap, and senorita is zpanel, but what about the rest? Also, please, backup up your statements with sources instead of just calling crap.

Comments

• VestaCP has a great API which lets you do everything the panel can.

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

There is no panel called "Senorita". There is Sentora.

Thanked by 3RIYAD risharde GM2015
  • RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider

lol senorita panel :D

Thanked by 2linuxglobe sin
  • Sentora is the same zpanel crap

• What makes me stick to VestaCP is the ability to backup and restore very easily, with v-backup-user and v-restore-user

• I think all panel is bad to setup server things... its need for little kids who not can configure server lmao

• @miklos said:

I think all panel is bad to setup server things... its need for little kids who not can configure server lmao

yeah, except that this is a shared webhoster, so who do you think the target audience is?

Thanked by 1perennate
  • I'd luv to have senorita ~~~~

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited December 2015

I would try to get the Sentora and CentOS-WP accounts migrated first. Then those with VestaCP and Webmin/cPanel last.

• Cpanel accounts are easy enough to move with the new migration tool so can wait.

In terms of the free panels I'd move the sites from the sentora and cent os web panel first. Then vestacp after that.

• Am just curious why someone wont fix those bugs and security issues in zpanel? Its open source I think. Is the best looking panel in my view.

• @Amitz said:
    I would try to get the Sentora and CentOS-WP accounts migrated first. Then those with VestaCP and Webmin/cPanel last.

What's wrong with centos webpanel?

• @Raymii said:
    What's wrong with centos webpanel?

Slow and not secure. Heard about some security issues and witnessed the sluggish UI firsthand. Loved it otherwise.

• WHT said: Am just curious why someone wont fix those bugs and security issues in zpanel?

The code quality is hell. You can't fix this shit, would need a nearly full rewrite.

Thanked by 1WHT
  • Kloxo MR is also a superb host panel.

• WHT said: Am just curious why someone wont fix those bugs and security issues in zpanel? Its open source I think. Is the best looking panel in my view.

Because we've better things to do that rewriting a whole panel. Code is very unclean and needs more improvements. And shady developers; they've renamed their panel to sentora and viola. People again fell into the same crap.

I've saw that many major bug reports (Even some simple XSS) goes to their shredder. And more money and time goes in to promotion and shiz...

On other hand, I prefer VestaCP because of it's minimalist approach. But if you need a beast, try webmin.

I personally hate cPanel but majority of the clients prefer it over other panels. (Like Ajenti - Cool panel.)

For the migration,

Migrate everything on zPanel/Sentora crap first. Delete all evidence to hide your shame. Then move CentOS Web Panel as it performs like shit and clients don't like to play with shit.

Then migrate webmin

Thanked by 1WHT
  • NeoXiDNeoXiD Member
    edited December 2015

@Raymii said:
    centos webpanel

*scnr*

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited December 2015

That looks like an advert video for BJPanel

NeoXiD said: scnr