Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free vps giveaway, idling server. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free vps giveaway, idling server.

2»

Comments

• If you make it an auction you'll make sure that whoever gets it puts it to good use - they paid for it (even if it was really cheap).

• @Traffic said:
    If you make it an auction you'll make sure that whoever gets it puts it to good use - they paid for it (even if it was really cheap).

You've got a point there. Thing is, I really don't care for the money. Not that I've got a big pile of $ to spend radomly but I just want to give back to the community. Some host sell boxes for next to nothing, deliver great support and I admire that being part of a small company myself. That's why we buy a lot of small boxes, check out the support and stick with the ones providing the best service and support and go for the bigger plans. We've used hosting provided by some of the well known premium hosts but companies like buyvm, ramnode and the likes beat them hands down. Take Hostus for instance, paying like 10$ a year for a small setup and their support responds within minutes on a holiday. Companies like that just... Amaze me I dunno... :)

Back on topic... Usage of the VPS :) I'd love it if whoever gets it puts it to good use. On the other hand, anything is better than letting it idle :)

Thanked by 1Traffic
  • As promised... Here's another one:

Host: vpsdime
    Price: $7 yearly
    Next Due Date: 09/08/2016
    Ram: 512 MB
    Transfer: 2TB
    HDD: 7 GB SSD

You would have to go through the same checks as a new account. Anyway, post your intended use here. I'd like it to go to an established LET member as this was a special LET offer.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • do you buy servers for idling and giving them away?

Saragoldfarb said: You would have to go through the same checks as a new account. Anyway, post your intended use here. I'd like it to go to an established LET member as this was a special LET offer.

Thanked by 2rokok Junkless
  • @GM2015 said:
    do you buy servers for idling and giving them away?

Lol. Not really. Have been using this one since I got it and it's still in use as of now however I'm moving some stuff to a dedi.

• @Saragoldfarb said:
    As promised... Here's another one:

> Host: vpsdime
    > Location: Dallas
    > Price: $7 yearly
    > Next Due Date: 09/08/2016
    > Ram: 512 MB
    > Transfer: 2TB
    > HDD: 7 GB SSD
    > 

You would have to go through the same checks as a new account. Anyway, post your intended use here. I'd like it to go to an established LET member as this was a special LET offer.

I could probably use this, replace my 128mb dallas teamspeak server (since it would be $3 cheaper with more ram) and maybe even move my testing LHMP server over too.

Thanked by 1rokok
  • @exception0x876 said:
    As long as there is a space left. Thats the only catch.

Huge props for the Funtoo option! I've played with it in the past and it was fun indeed :D

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Saragoldfarb said:

> 

I am in

I want to use it for set up VPN

• aubertaubert Member
    edited December 2015

@Saragoldfarb said:

> 

if i got it, i would used it to make a vpn and proxy connection

• @Saragoldfarb said:

> 

I would use it for my custom server monitoring system! A fallback node would be really good :)

• @Saragoldfarb said:

I missed that offer and would like to have one. Usage: WordPress sites

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2015

@Saragoldfarb said:

> 

I could use this for:
    Private VPN, hosting my personal website and perhaps a blog, test server for new scripts, web page development showoff and perhaps a DNS server(all I can put inside 512 MB RAM :p).

• @theroyalstudent said:
    I would use it for my custom server monitoring system! A fallback node would be really good :)

Sounds like a nice project. Care to share?

• To all, best wishes for 2016. Have been a bit busy with real life the past couple of days but will pick one of you asap. Need to make up my mind... It's hard.. Any suggestions? :)

• edited January 2016

In slow development, but will be adding support in the backend for multiple servers soon for fallback nodes haha, since I'm hosting this on LHC Singapore right now:

https://status.theroyalstudent.com

Due date is "09/08/2016" tho, which is when my two other nodes expire (and I have to get new ones), but I don't mind, haha.

Another project idea would be to help peeps with NAT IP servers, so if they want HTTPS but do not want to use CloudFlare for his nameserver, I could set up a reverse proxy to help them attain that. Let's Encrypt would come in well for the situation, but provided they trust me enough haha, which I hope peeps would, since I'm not going anywhere soon anyway.

I could also open some ports!

For example, if I host a Git server, and my port ranges are 12300-12321, where 12321 is the SSH port for Git, I could use this server to act as a transparent proxy (maybe with this?).

This way, I can have HTTPS reachable on 443, and SSH clone/pull/push option available on other ports, since CloudFlare does not have support for passing traffic on custom ports.

I'll be happy to have such a service going on, take it as doing some good to those who want HTTPS (but not from CloudFlare?)

CloudFlare currently doesn't support websockets (on free plans) too, which is why I proposed this, too, as I had to disable CF when I wanted to run my own Wekan instance.

Of course, manual approval and setup, since some peeps might abuse it.

How does this sound?

// erm nevermind, see my other thread. I still don't have their trust yet, that's okay...

• DavidxDavidx Member
    edited January 2016

@Saragoldfarb said:

I <3 VPSDime and have been looking for an opportunity to have some service with them again.

I already have an account with VPSDime so I'm sure transferring won't be a hassle.

• @Saragoldfarb said:

> 

I would like to take this one for encrypt.win project if it's still available :3, this is just a blog to help everyone got a free SSL.

Currently hosted on my test box.