Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[RIDICULOUS] OVH's 2013 lineup - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[RIDICULOUS] OVH's 2013 lineup

Comments

• @rds100 said: probably because you didn't provide the required documents to them to have the VAT removed.

hmm ... but they didn't ask me for any. I don't recall them asking for something that I didn't provide. But then again, I was filling up the French application form with an online translator. :)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2012

@Whoa Order a server, but don't pay the invoice; then you need to contact their support about VAT, they will tell you which documents you need to send. After you send those, they will mark your account as zero VAT and generate a new invoice without VAT. Pay just the new one, and you're good to go.

• Found this :

for foreign customers VAT is charged

at https://www.ovh.co.uk/support/termsofservice/payment_proc.xml

Confusing ...

@rm_ said: don't pay the invoice; then you need to contact their support about VAT, they will tell you which documents you need to send. After you send those, they will mark your account as zero VAT and generate a new invoice without VAT

Oh ... I already paid the first invoice including VAT :(
    Let me contact their billing department to see if they can change it going forward.

Any idea what kind of document they might ask for ?

• @ztec said: Hello, I sent you an instruction in Dutch on how to get this in The Netherlands.

Can you share it with me in Dutch too?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2012

@Whoa said: Any idea what kind of document they might ask for ?

Scan of your identity document (passport, driving license...), and a proof of address (some bill with your address on it, e.g. for electricity or water service, etc).

• Ordered some of the SP 32g in all three locations. Will let you know how they perform

• Ordered an mKS. For the price, I can consolidate at least 3 of my VPSes that are fairly heavy on disk I/O, save ~50% and get much better (and guaranteed) IO performance, and twice as much drive space. Luckily, those VPSes aren't all THAT heavy on the CPU.

• They requested ID and address proof but the email keeps bouncing back, however I just got another one, wonder if I they are truly processing my order?

"
    Welcome to OVH!

We confirm the receipt of your payment corresponding to order no. x

Your order no. x has been processed."

• If I want to try KVM on their i3 2130s will it be already part of the existing kernels or will it better to use the latest Proxmox?

How would I get it on there?

• what about the new stock's cpu and harddisks?

do they install randomly?

is there much performance differences between celeron and atom ?

can you write your mKS specs..

thanks.

• I'll post the specs I get when I get the server, yep.

• nunimnunim Member
    edited October 2012

So are people actually getting them setup now or is it really a wait :o?

Availability    7 days
  • AmfyAmfy Member
    edited October 2012

Don't know if someone already has seen it, but they have a higher price on the german site http://www.ovh.de/dedicated_server/isgenug.xml :(

(And, yes, it's higher than kimsufi.fr even if you calculate with VAT)

• @Amfy said: they have a higher price on the german site

As usual. German pricing is always higher.

• Out on the UK site now so just ordered a lowend one (will eventually replace my existing 2G test box). Interesting the green numbers on http://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_servers/kimsufi.xml
    seem to be stock numbers unless I am mistaken.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Extra bandwidth prices vary strongly across countries...

DE: Sie können zusätzlichen Traffic direkt über Ihren Manager dazubestellen: 1 TB zusätzlich für 5,99 €
    IE: You can buy additional TB of traffic directly from your manager: €4.99 per TB
    FR: Vous pouvez acheter des To de traffic additionnels directement depuis votre manager : 14.90€ HT /To
    NL: U kunt extra dataverkeer per TB direct bestellen in uw manager voor: €0.99 Excl.BTW / per TB

• Can you guys list the CPU that you've received?

• AmfyAmfy Member
    edited October 2012

@joepie91 said: DE: Sie können zusätzlichen Traffic direkt über Ihren Manager dazubestellen: 1 TB zusätzlich für 5,99 €

IE: You can buy additional TB of traffic directly from your manager: €4.99 per TB

I think this difference is just due to some VAT stuff.

FR: Vous pouvez acheter des To de traffic additionnels directement depuis votre manager : 14.90€ HT /To

What? FR was real unlimited for a long time. Strange...

@joepie91 said: NL: U kunt extra dataverkeer per TB direct bestellen in uw manager voor: €0.99 Excl.BTW / per TB

Oh, nice. Good to know.

Could anyone validate this with OVH accounts from these countries?

By the way (from their mailing list):

Hallo,

>

immer ruhig bleiben Preise sind doch wieder ok, war nur ein altes
    Update.

>

MfG
    Stefan
    OVH Team

They will correct the prices on the DE page :)

• @Amfy Still is I think, just limited speed.

• LeeLee Veteran

I have never had an OVH box but for the price of a good vps why not, will order one just, well, just because I can I suppose...

• Just for the hell of it, I've grabbed the smallest one to try for a month, if it's decent I can probably migrate 2-3 of the VPS over to it.

• Celeron D 2.66Ghz

• Looks like they've updated the .ie site, and unless I'm reading it wrong, they decimated the monthly traffic on the more expensive kimsufi options. It's now 5TB on 100Mbps for all the plans and 10Mbps after. Very disappointing.

• @kalam said: Looks like they've updated the .ie site, and unless I'm reading it wrong, they decimated the monthly traffic on the more expensive kimsufi options. It's now 5TB on 100Mbps for all the plans and 10Mbps after. Very disappointing.

Not sure how 5TB per month for 9.99 euro is disappointing?

• @luma said: Not sure how 5TB per month for 9.99 euro is disappointing?

>

No but for 39.99 it may be considered disappointing.

• @Amfy said: I think this difference is just due to some VAT stuff.

Then the amount for IE should be higher, because the VAT in IE is 23% against the VAT in DE of 19%, afaik.

• kalamkalam Member
    edited October 2012

@luma said: Not sure how 5TB per month for 9.99 euro is disappointing?

I take it you didn't even read my post you quoted since I was specifically talking about in context of the more expensive ones.

• Now how much BW do the regular OVH servers get?