Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low End VPN? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Low End VPN?

2»

Comments

• PetaByet said: 10GBPS UNCONTENDED UNMETERED anyone?

If I can order OVH VPS's and push 30TB/month through them... a VPN provider could do that,too. It astonishes me that they don't and instead offer 2343536 locations that no one really needs.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

PetaByet said: 10GBPS UNCONTENDED UNMETERED anyone?

"Here at TacoShield, on our veggie plan we offered UNMEATERED connections!"

• Mexican water plan.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @raindog308 said:

Got any beefy plans?

Thanked by 1Abdussamad
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@lazyt said:
    Mexican water plan.

i dont really get it, but you got a Thanks :P

Thanked by 1rokok
  • lazytlazyt Member
    edited December 2015

Old joke about the bacteria in the water in the old Mexican Hotels giving people from the USA diarrhea. I forget what bacteria or what it was that was supposed to do it.

I was trying for a play on as fast as sh*t through a goose.

• TacoShield.com is taken now ;)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • I really fail to see how anyone could start a company with what some of you are requiring.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@lazyt said:
    I really fail to see how anyone could start a company with what some of you are requiring.

Unrealistic expectations are sort of a tradition here ;)

• This will attract a lot of low-quality VPN providers like PIA, pureVPN, vyprvpn and the usual spammers when it comes to getting fake-reviews out and spamming their affiliates all over the place.

What you Americans use as VPN-providers is really just serving traffic directly to the security agencies.

If you read the latest posts about "vpn security issues" and then a company like PIA has to release 5 or so software-upgrades to fix them while old and really reputable providers (perfect-privacy, airvpn) didn't even have the security flaws in the first place you can really only bang your head against a wall.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

The VPN provider market is indeed a very sketchy one. Very dubious advertising tactics, selling a product which is fully based on lies, etc...

It's also very difficult to make a significant profit for small players and I can see plenty of people seeing this as an easy to run business which makes an easy recipe for a lot of deadpools, specially from guys renting low-end VPSes to offer this kind of service.

But this has been happening during the last years with the low end VPS market anyway.

• lazyt said: I really fail to see how anyone could start a company with what some of you are requiring.

They can't. The thing is what can a small provider offer that's worth anything? If a user is OK with small, then just get a $5 per year VPS instead. It's not like installing OpenVPN, or whatever you like, takes more than a few minutes for someone who knows how, which I assume is most people here.

• @tr1cky said:
    This will attract a lot of low-quality VPN providers like PIA, pureVPN, vyprvpn and the usual spammers when it comes to getting fake-reviews out and spamming their affiliates all over the place.

What you Americans use as VPN-providers is really just serving traffic directly to the security agencies.

If you read the latest posts about "vpn security issues" and then a company like PIA has to release 5 or so software-upgrades to fix them while old and really reputable providers (perfect-privacy, airvpn) didn't even have the security flaws in the first place you can really only bang your head against a wall.

Maybe the China GFW will block LEB some day? ;)

• @theroyalstudent said:
    TacoShield.com is taken now ;)

Remember I charge 1.5% of sales as the name provider...

Thanked by 1netomx
    • Why not run commercial OBS4 bridges for your VPN services?
    • If you are hoarding IPs, try Flash Proxies instead.

If not VPN, then just a giant web-proxy like Squid running at your end and enforcing your TOS. Should give a higher profit margin than plain VPN services.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

theroyalstudent said: TacoShield.com is taken now ;)

Holy crap...it is!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • VPN is kinda expensive -,-

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

So the first offer is now posted...

http://lowendbox.com/blog/supervpn-10-off-vpn-packages/

PPTP only hosted on $2/month VPSes purchased from LowEndTalk. Terms of service and privacy police nowhere to be seen.

I'll include a quote from the FAQ...

How do I contact support?
    The easiest and fastest way is through our Facebook fan page.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • Lol.

"Do you keep logs?"
    "Depends what you are wanting to do."

How about no?

Dan you always get some funny stuff here.

Nyr said: So the first offer is now posted...

http://lowendbox.com/blog/supervpn-10-off-vpn-packages/

PPTP only hosted on $2/month VPSes purchased from LowEndTalk. Terms of service and privacy police nowhere to be seen.

I'll include a quote from the FAQ...

• Looks shady...but anyway :)

• Nyr said: So the first offer is now posted...

I must say, some of the comments there are something else. I swear that some people on the internet have no idea where they landed. Anyway, whether this offer is good or not is no nevermind. I'm critical, but still want to see what people can come up with.