Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free vps giveaway, idling server.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free vps giveaway, idling server.

SaragoldfarbSaragoldfarb Member
edited December 2015 in General

Over time I have been trying a lot of LEB hosts but now the time has come to get rid of some small plans. As the community has been very helpful to me on various occasions I'd like to return the favour by giving away some stuff. Starting with a weloveservers vps:

Expiration:06/05/2016
$6.00 USD yearly
128mb ram
10gb HDD
1Tb transfer

I confirmed with them the vps can be transferred, all you'll need is an account with them. If interested just reply here with a convincing reason as to why you should get it :)

Edit: Contacted one applicant so consider this one gone. Next up: vpsdime. Will post details later.

Comments

• can you send it to me,
    i like to use it for ssh tunnel since it on LA and some small web development test.

• Good price for the specs. Good job with the giveaway. Hope we get some interesting reasons...

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • i would like to try it to transfer via socks5 from korea to USA east coast.. thx :0

• Don't give it to andiklive, rich guy -_-

• I'd like to nominate @HMR for the VPS

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited December 2015

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAv
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAvHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAvHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAvHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAvHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAvHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAvHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAvHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAvHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAvHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Do yourself a favor and stay the hell away from theyloveservers.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=site:lowendtalk.com+weloveservers

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAvHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAvHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAvHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAvv

Saragoldfarb said: Starting with a weloveservers vps:

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner
  • exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

I've been doing this for months in my signature ^^

• WLS is crap. The op is just giving away a burden, not a gift.

exception0x876 said: I've been doing this for months in my signature ^^

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • @exception0x876 said:
    I've been doing this for months in my signature ^^

Why free ?

• @GM2015 said:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAv

I know. They're not the best host around but who cares. 6 bucks to experience a host is like next to nothing and it actually did serve it's purpose :)

• @rokok said:

since its idling vps, its good only for ssh tunnel... hehe

i dont know their network speed thought.

• Yeah, it's a cheap way to grab emails from buyers for whoever's behind wls.

Saragoldfarb said: I know. They're not the best host around but who cares. 6 bucks to experience a host is like next to nothing and it actually did serve it's purpose :)

@Junkless said:
    Why free ?

Why not? Those free VPS are on Kimsufi KS-1 servers so no RAID and I don't feel like charging money for that when the customers data is neither RAID protected nor backed up :)

• JunklessJunkless Member
    edited December 2015

So can anyone get one on that site of yours? No catch ?

@Junkless said:
    So can anyone get one on that site of yours? No catch ?

As long as there is a space left. Thats the only catch.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

rokok said: Don't give it to andiklive, rich guy -_-

lol

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    I'd like to nominate HMR for the VPS

Why @HMR?

• He runs a giveaway forum

• Because he is looking for a VPS to host a site and is looking for VPSs for his project post4vps.com

See http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/72098/cheap-vps-with-great-uptime-somewhere-10-yearly

• Thanks. Actually read his post but never checked out his forum. Seems like a nice purpose... Only requirement for him to get it would be to get rid of that igniteservers banner :)

• @Saragoldfarb said:
    Thanks. Actually read his post but never checked out his forum. Seems like a nice purpose... Only requirement for him to get it would be to get rid of that igniteservers banner :)

Tell him. IgniteServer went off with the servers he sponsored to them. So I dunno why he keeps their banner and the links to them in the footer.

Maybe he just had no time to remove them. However IgniteServers (Crypt-K on post4vps.com) was demoted from the rank admin he had on post4vps.com when they shit started to go down.

• GM2015 said: The op is just giving away a burden, not a gift.

Like herpes?

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • Just in case some of you were unaware, WLS were acquired by Hostwinds who will be migrating customer VPS to their owned equipment in the next few months.

They only have Dallas and Seattle so other locations offered by WLS will be moved to one of those. I asked if I could keep my UK VPS (which I intended to keep as it's fast and stable), but they said as it's on rented hardware, it will have to be moved.

Hostwinds seems to be running a solid operation and their support is 24/7 as far as I can tell.

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • @doughmanes said:
    Like herpes?

:)

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

When it renews?

• @Radi said:
    When it renews?

Mid next year, says that in the OP.

• 06/05/2016 so even if you decide to cancel it in the end there's still a fair amount of time to put it to use.

I was thinking to opt for it, but I heard HostWinds will be raising prices, so no thanks. Anyways good luck to everybody. :) :)

• @Radi said:
    I was thinking to opt for it, but I heard HostWinds will be raising prices, so no thanks. Anyways good luck to everybody. :) :)

I'll probably give away another one quite soon from a quite decent host. Stay tuned ;)

Definitely. :)