Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In remembrance of those who didn't make it in 2015 (Deadpool thread)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

In remembrance of those who didn't make it in 2015 (Deadpool thread)

jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
edited December 2015 in General

Hey everyone! I think LowEndBox needs a feature for all those who didn't make it in 2015. Would you guys help me out with some names of VPS providers that you were aware of that crashed and burned this year?

It can be a tough industry, and I think it's important to highlight when it goes wrong. When someone crashes and burns in this, others can learn from their mistakes. It's far too easy to get into our market, and as a result it's equally as easy to spin out in a ball of fire.

Comments

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited December 2015

How funny of you to start this when Igniteservers is living up to its name.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

GVH versions 1 through Infinity

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Nearly every provider that claims they are "under attack" by the community or tries to brag about how good they are doing.

Thanked by 3jar GCat tehdan
  • It's not really fair to say @igniteservers deadpooled - nobody ever really took them seriously...

• I want to reference this (almost) resurrected thread

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/53835/2015-deadpool-list

• jarland said: burns

jarland said: fire

Oh the puns..

Anyway, selling LowEndPoppies for a cheap price of $7. Show your support to the fallen!

PM me to purchase!

Thanked by 1Hassan
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

I like the name of the thread @jarland :)

• Layer.ae deadpooled this year.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2015

Hidden_Refuge said: Layer.ae deadpooled this year.

Since it was part of MyRSK, which is still running. I wouldn't call it dead pool. The free service had to be dropped. Everything was explained in the email.

Regards

• teknolaizteknolaiz Member
    edited December 2015

@rsk said:
    Regards

Well, as said in my ticket I didn't get a mail. I blame Outlook/Microsoft although a few others I know who had a Layer didn't get a mail either.

Mind to repost it here? Just simply wondering what the content of it was after all.

About not being in the deadpool: Layer.ae was offering the free VM though, right? Now that this is gone what does it offer? So it did basically deadpool. I didn't say your main company deadpooled though. I just mean Layer and the service it offered originally. I guess the clients who paid a bit (I remember you said people could donate whatever they want to get a small upgrade) have been grandfathered to your main company?

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • @rsk said:
    Regards

I had a Layer.ae VPS and haven't received any email (spam also checked). I know another person who hadn't received it. Not sure what happened however service was nice still hope you find the way to restore its V2 soon.

• teknolaizteknolaiz Member
    edited December 2015

One more (last thing) about the story of the e-mails that have been sent out for Layer.ae project cancellation notes.

I checked my whole WHMCS mail log and there is not a singe mail about that in it. So I can only assume that @rsk used the e-mail list from Layer.ae (the one with e-mail confirmation for the subscription to Layer.ae newslatters). If the latter list was used, well, I've no idea. My e-mail in both lists was the same (same in WHMCS as on that newsletter thing).

Anyway, a bit proof below:

http://i.imgur.com/IkAGbV2.png

http://i.imgur.com/13xBUvD.png

http://i.imgur.com/LQBtxBL.png

Since I no longer have service I asked for my WHMCS account to be removed with all my other data. So @rsk could you please look at ticket #491493 ? I think it is in interest of my privacy. I asked for it to be removed in my other ticket (when you told me that Layer.ae stopped the service) and it was just ignored and the ticket was closed.

• Well this has been derailed rather quickly. GoodHosting comes to mind. Crissic has not officially pooled but no longer accepts new clients after buy out. Xfuse seems to be on the list as well. BoltVM is having fits at least if it has not finally gone down the crapper.

That is all I can think of right off the top of my head.

• Despite some predictions, we're still here.

• @ratherbak3d said:
    Despite some predictions, we're still here.

Nevermind! You will make it to the deadpool. It just takes a bit longer! Don't feel ashamed that you could not make it yet!

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Amitz said: Don't feel ashamed that you could not make it yet!

Everyone should have goals right? lol

Thanked by 2Amitz Jonchun
  • Amitz said: Nevermind! You will make it to the deadpool. It just takes a bit longer! Don't feel ashamed that you could not make it yet!

Don't be silly, we have 90000 clients etc etc.. lol /sarcasm

• @ratherbak3d said:
    Don't be silly, we have 90000 clients etc etc.. lol /sarcasm

Don't forget the 'we ain't going nowhere' phrase! :-)

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • Already looking forward to Deadpool 2016. Oops, wrong thread.

• We lost many bad providers this year. May their abandoned clients rest easy in the hands of new, more competent, providers. Amen.

Thanked by 2jar doghouch
  • In fact, more drama, providers offers decrease or just same boring offers every 2 weeks, bought less vps in 2015, save money.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

AuroraZ said: Crissic has not officially pooled but no longer accepts new clients after buy out.

I guess I don't think of Crissic as a "dead pool" in that they sold their business, the new owners picked them up and continued offering service, etc. If Crissic had suddenly gone off the air or announced they were closing next week, different story.

Here's a slightly different twist: who are the top deadpools this year? Use whatever criteria you want.

1. Xfuse
    2. GVH
    3. Goodhosting
    4. ...?
    Thanked by 1xavier
  • Ole_JuulOle_Juul Member
    edited December 2015

raindog308 said: Here's a slightly different twist: who are the top deadpools this year?

Sounds good, but what does "top" mean to you? The most spectacular? Generating the most threads/comments? Provoking the most scorn? GVH might be the winner in all categories.

Ole_Juul said: Sounds good, but what does "top" mean to you? The most spectacular? Generating the most threads/comments? Provoking the most scorn? GVH might be the winner in all categories.

Yeah, it's subjective and I didn't list any criteria...I had a half an impulse to do so, but then I thought...wait a minute...life is short, and why am I listing criteria on how to judge deadpools :-)

Are we going to do a candlelight vigil?

Donations to charity in their name?

Is Elton John going to adapt "Candle in the Wind" again?

Goodbye Jonny Nguyen...

Your DC lease burned out long before your offers ever did...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2015

I was thinking a video with Sarah McLachlan.

"I will remember you..."

Thanked by 1IThinkUFailed
  • XLVPS

Tiiiiiiime tooooo...say goooooodbye....

• AuroraZAuroraZ Barred
    edited December 2015

This might be a better homage.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • We should adapt a version of Adele's "Hello" for Nuggets, since he's on the other side of the data center now.