Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another RTO deal on WHT
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Another RTO deal on WHT

zhuanyizhuanyi Member
edited October 2012 in General

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1203889

They are in the same DC as Dacentec.

50 per month, cheaper than Dacentec and their RTO period is 10 months (versus 12 from Dacentec), the machine has LO100i and the colo price after 10 months is the same as that of Dacentec. The only disadvantage is the hard drive is much smaller and there is no option to upgrade (at least on the order page) and you will need to pay 2 months in advance to waive the setup fee.

Too good to be true?

Thanked by 1geekalot

Comments

• wdqwdq Member

Not bad. I agree, that hard drive is way too small for a dedicated server.

• Reselling Dacentec servers... eh.

• @NateN34 said: Reselling Dacentec servers... eh.

Think they colo with Dacentec but probably got their servers from ServerMonkey/EBay...

• @NateN34 said: Reselling Dacentec servers... eh.

Nahh I don't think so

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Honestly.. I wouldn't really count on them shipping of my server after 10 months.

• @HalfEatenPie will buy one.

Thanked by 1HalfEatenPie
  • @Alex_LiquidHost said: Honestly.. I wouldn't really count on them shipping of my server after 10 months.

That's why I'm usually skeptical of RTO offers. How do I know that they'll actually send me the server? And if they do, how much is that going to cost me? They probably charge you a fee to have them unrack it and box it up, then you've got to pay for shipping...

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@NickM said: That's why I'm usually skeptical of RTO offers. How do I know that they'll actually send me the server? And if they do, how much is that going to cost me? They probably charge you a fee to have them unrack it and box it up, then you've got to pay for shipping...

Well, I am skeptical with that kind of shady company's. I like Dacentec's RTO. I am actually sure they will send it to me, I've spoken a couple of times with their manager and they indeed look to be running a legit service. In my eyes, actually, the RTO deal is jsut to fill up the free space, prettys ure they buy these servers for really cheap and just want to fill up their space. They seem to be targeting alrger eneterpise businesses as well, which might be their main target. Same goes for a couple of other large DC's that offered a really nice RTO deals to me.

• @Damian: I actually would if I wasn't already Dedi-served out. (Word Copyright of HalfEatenInc.)

Thanked by 1craigb
  • wdqwdq Member

@HalfEatenPie Same here. I would most likely have bought this if I didn't already have a good enough dedicated server.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited October 2012

@wdq: I went on a good months worth of rampage and obtained tons and tons of dedicated servers everywhere.

Those were dark times.

Now I'm back to my VPS only habits (although I do have several dedis around but most of them are for personal reasons)

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Justice noticed dacentec posted an offer on WHT. Now offering E3's RTO

Thanked by 1HalfEatenPie
  • Just when I finally couldn't hold it and ready to buy, they ran out of stock...haha, no need LEB anonymous :)

• cosmicgatecosmicgate Member
    edited October 2012

sorry i ordered a few last night for my project lol.

Thanked by 1zhuanyi
  • @cosmicgate said: sorry i ordered a few last night for my project lol.

No worries and thank you :)

• @HalfEatenPie That sounds fairly expensive! What'd you even use them for if I may ask? I felt guilty enough having a dozen unused low end boxes. XD

• @Drakeor: Expensive is correct. Most of them were for personal reasons, a few were supposed to be used for a VPS Node but plans on that were temporarily halted (I never said I quit though ;) ).

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2012

what happened with Dedicated server providers? Now they are selling 64GB RAM Servers under $200..

• I think renting a server with them is a better then colocation?(Colo is expensive when your server stop working..,etc..)
  • @DewlanceVPS Please don't. Your going to get bashed for HardSoft RAID, "Server Grade" i7s and shipping 3 year old hard drives.

Thanked by 1Randy
  • Looks like the offer is sold out now.

• @Damian said: Looks like the offer is sold out now.

Sold out as of yesterday afternoon :p
    http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/145686#Comment_145686

• Hm, a 6 year old processor dual-core processor and probably a 6 year old 160GB hard drive in a datacenter in North Carolina which backhauls everything through Atlanta, no thank you. You'd be better off spending $30 on a big VPS.

edited October 2012

@SimpleNode said: Please don't. Your going to get bashed for HardSoft RAID, "Server Grade" i7s and shipping 3 year old hard drives.

SHAME!! SHAME!!
    http://mc.simpleno.de/users/login

SpaceBukkit if free for** personal usage. **

• @DewlanceVPS said: SHAME!! SHAME!!

what is there to shame? shame on you for using 3 year old hard drives instead

• @DewlanceVPS said: SHAME!! SHAME!!

My honest thoughts? Bashing at other providers on every single thread is not going to make you look any better than you are right now.

@Randy said: what is there to shame? shame on you for using 3 year old hard drives instead

SpaceBukkit if free for** personal usage. ** (Using for Commercial use)
    http://mc.simpleno.de/users/login

I never use 3 year old hdd but you are posting a comment without base (you did this even in Hostbluff thread where you say "READ" its sold out... :)

edited October 2012

@zhuanyi said: My honest thoughts? Bashing at other providers on every single thread is not going to make you look any better than you are right now.

This comment is for SimpleNode? (First simeplenode try to bash me but I cough him )

So you support him to use Free software for commercial use?

• Developer of Bukkit Software is doing a hard work to make a good control panel but here peoples are using their Free personal use software in commercial use??
  • @DewlanceVPS said: So you support him to use Free software for commercial use?

No I do not support anyone, but obviously you were just bashing him for the sake of bashing, which is pointless. Don't be childish, please.

edited October 2012

@zhuanyi said: No I do not support anyone, but obviously you were just bashing him for the sake of bashing, which is pointless. Don't be childish, please.

I am sure you did not read this whole thread, First read this comment and then think who is trying to bash other host

What is point of this comment and what he want to discuss? he want to bash me or he want to start a new topic? --
    http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/145814#Comment_145814

• Shut up already?

Moron.