Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

R1Soft Backup Solution
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

R1Soft Backup Solution

I was checking out R1Soft a few minutes ago I see there license to backup one physical node at the moment is $79.00/yr and an installment would be $24.95. Does anyone use this service when it comes to backing up their server data. I am looking for a reliable backup solution not really minding the cost of it just needs to be reliable, just starting up a small hosting site so I need a premium backup solution for future clients that I can offer to them free of charge. I would appreciate if the cost was in the $100-$200/yr for one Physical node in comparison to R1soft. If R1Soft is reliable I would love maybe a quick review on them from somene and ill just go with them.

Thanks, Z.

Comments

• @Nic_20TBSSD said:
    I was checking out R1Soft a few minutes ago I see there license to backup one physical node at the moment is $79.00/yr and an installment would be $24.95. Does anyone use this service when it comes to backing up their server data. I am looking for a reliable backup solution not really minding the cost of it just needs to be reliable, just starting up a small hosting site so I need a premium backup solution for future clients that I can offer to them free of charge. I would appreciate if the cost was in the $100-$200/yr for one Physical node in comparison to R1soft. If R1Soft is reliable I would love maybe a quick review on them from somene and ill just go with them.

Thanks, Z.

I got one license 6 eur/3 month. If you need it just send a PM. Good for VPS and dedicated server too.

Only one :)

Thanked by 1Nic_20TBSSD
  • bruzlibruzli Member, LIR

we're using it for all shared hosting servers
    a source for licenses would be r1softlicenses.com - 7.95/agent/month, goes down based on purchase volume.

Thanked by 1Nic_20TBSSD
  • If you backup large amounts of data you will need to invest in a powerful backup manager server with a good raid card.

• Nic_20TBSSDNic_20TBSSD Member
    edited December 2015

@AndreiGhesi said:
    If you backup large amounts of data you will need to invest in a powerful backup manager server with a good raid card.

I need at least 700GB to 1GB for now, I transfered some of my buddies VM's to my server with OVH and they are using up 567GB of storage so I want to get atleast 1TB so I can cover any new clients that I may get what do you suppose a good option?

• @Nic_20TBSSD said:

What will be the backup interval for a server?

• Nic_20TBSSDNic_20TBSSD Member
    edited December 2015

@AndreiGhesi said:

Would be weekly backups, I prefer something flexible so if users need daily backups on specific VM's I would be able to knock that out also.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

I would recommend bacula4 instead. In my opinion it is a lot more reliable and they actually have good support (r1soft doesn't)

Thanked by 1Nic_20TBSSD
  • This is Delimiter's R1Soft backup service - space + licenses:

http://www.delimiter.com/landingpage/r1backup/

Thanked by 1Nic_20TBSSD
  • I've had awful trouble with backupsy's r1soft on online.net and ovh. Comms were lost 'twixt server and backupsy, and could never be re-established, despite no firewall changes. I'm guessing it was a hosting issue, but backupsy blamed host and host denied all, meanwhile not even a ping was possible and I flipped to rclone on hubic. feelsgood.jpg

• squibs said: I've had awful trouble with backupsy's r1soft on online.net and ovh. Comms were lost 'twixt server and backupsy, and could never be re-established, despite no firewall changes. I'm guessing it was a hosting issue, but backupsy blamed host and host denied all, meanwhile not even a ping was possible and I flipped to rclone on hubic. feelsgood.jpg

If you still want to test R1Soft, PM me. We've had a good few customers running on our service successfully from OVH FR/CA.

Thanked by 1Nic_20TBSSD
  • @MarkTurner said:
    If you still want to test R1Soft, PM me. We've had a good few customers running on our service successfully from OVH FR/CA.

Yes, sure thing. I have tried the trial of R1Soft not sure if its my servers firewalls but its not allowing me to run the backup solution. Ill contact you now about it via private message.