Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

dnsimple worth buying?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

dnsimple worth buying?

Basically the title says it all, I'm looking for a fast and reliable DNS hosting, doesn't need to be dnsimple of course.

Please don't suggest Cloudflare as I'm moving away from them!

Comments

• I'd personally use Cloudflare :)

Thanked by 2ATHK CFarence
  • edited December 2015

@popx said:
    Please don't suggest Cloudflare as I'm moving away from them!

Why? Have them as your DNS NS, but don't proxy your content through them :)

Otherwise, Route 53 is a good choice (expensive??)

• his registrar's probably better than r53 price/performance wise.

theroyalstudent said: Route 53 is a good choice (expensive??)

• Yep, i don't see any reason now paying DNS services for lowend vps.

Of course im not talking about our multi-million dollar website who need reliable DNS services.

• Whats the problem with cloudflare? Now i am with them 2 year with 100% uptime. And this is not for personal usage. For business and works very well. Whats your problem with them?

• CloudNS? They have a special running right now.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

Rage4 :)

Thanked by 1Shade
  • No way cloudflare has 100% uptime, any proof?

I'm using CF too (my server uptime better than CF dns) and move my dns hosting to dns4pro and rage2

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2015

Depends on were most of your dns queries are from. For global definitely cloudflare. I haven't had any issues in the past year with them for their DNS service. NSOne is good as well, not sure if they still have a free package.

http://www.dnsperf.com/provider/CloudFlare
    Route 53 seems slow http://www.dnsperf.com/provider/Route53

• Definitely Rage4 - DNSSec, GEO DNS, Anycast, near all kind of NS types and cheap!

Thanked by 1gbshouse
  • ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
    edited December 2015

@tommy said:
    No way cloudflare has 100% uptime, any proof?

I'm using CF too (my server uptime better than CF dns) and move my dns hosting to dns4pro and rage2

Well i only use the DNS. So everything has the magic grey cloud. And 100% uptime from the last 2 year with business customers in Hungary.

norm.ns.cloudflare.com

vera.ns.cloudflare.com

• I'm using the 5$ tier of DNSimple and don't have anything bad to say about the service. Very good.

• My Github student pack came with a free year's subscription to DNSimple's $5 tier and I must say it is very reliable for my needs. Heck I'd pay for it if it didn't come free.

• ZEROFZEROF Member
    edited December 2015

I don't see many of you using prometus 30 location anycast for free (5domains). https://dns4.pro. If not cloudns with 20% promo until 31 dec.

• Have you considered using Rackspace DNS they are providing the service for free and so far it has worked fine on my end.

• I've got the student pack too and I believe last time I wanted to register with dnsimple they wanted me to pull out my bank card.

Since there's cloudflare, the computer said no here.

definitelyliam said: My Github student pack came with a free year's subscription to DNSimple's $5 tier and I must say it is very reliable for my needs. Heck I'd pay for it if it didn't come free.

• alfredalfred Member, Host Rep

Why not Cloudflare (not suggesting, just curious)? I'm using it for a portion of my domains and it's pretty solid. As far as I know it's the only free service to offer CNAME on apex domains.

On my other domains I'm using Route53 (for my Cloudfront sites), and I've used Hurricane Electric free DNS in the past.

I've heard good things about DNSimple though, so it'll definitely be something to look into.