Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a VPS/dedicated for minecraft, CHEAP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a VPS/dedicated for minecraft, CHEAP

Asgard20032Asgard20032 Member
edited December 2015 in Requests

Hi, I want to make a minecraft server, but i need either a VPS that don't have a fair usage policy, a.k.a cpu usage limit, so dedicated core, or a dedicated, verry cheap in canada or north of united-state. 10-20 people. Why a vps or dedicated and not just a basic hosting on some random minecraft hosting website? To have control on the server to install mods, have a web server, and some mod that do some webpage, like a mod that allow people to create auction that are available on a webpage. budget : 60-140$ per years. ($ shared between me and friend).

EDIT:

10-20 people (average 12)
Possibly Direwolf modpack, feedthebeast
Some server mod, but nothing too much intense
Small webserver and or mod that have application specific webserver, like dynamic map

Don't need more than 2 core, i mainly need ram. Need to have abusive plan/dedicated core.

Comments

• 17brownj17brownj Member, Host Rep

@Asgard20032 PM sent

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

Your best bet would be to get a VPS with a provider who allows for high CPU utilization (Abusive cores?), then install something like Multicraft on it to manage/maintain the MC server itself. Good luck!

• 60-70$ for dedi... why not kimisufi or digicube atoms ? maybe arm too @scaleway ?

• Wable Bundle #3 with Powerboost. Create one big VPS with 5 CPU cores and 6GB of RAM, and go wild.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

If it's suit your needs, I got a KS2 in BHS that I can lease. You may want to validate if the CPU and RAM is enough for your minecraft usage first.

• Hey david, i got 2 vps from deepnet solution, but those are more for general purpose development and testing... looking now for a powerful enough to run maybe even feed the beast.

• You may try hostiserver.com a lot of legit offers and packages available

• We can cater for your needs. Please feel free to message me on here to discuss.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

Maybe you could give us some hardware specifications and by the way i advise you to go for a dedi instead of a VPS for running a game server.

• PM Sent.

• Hello there! I ran/running Minecraft servers too, in the past/future.

About your requirement, it would take a minimum 1Core/2G/20G(SSD/HDD)/500G(v4) for small-to-medium(10-20 players) vanilla server(aka private realms); moreover, if you require Spigot servers, it would take more rams i.e. 1G per 10 plugins.

It would definitely take more rams if you run a modded server, but since both Spigot and Vanilla(Official server jars) doesn't make use of multiple CPU cores, so extra cores is not necessary, but it would be helpful for more rams, as always, Minecraft is a RAM-consuming server/game.

(Web) Panels are always an extra thing to server management, don't expect things go graphic when comes to this level. Learning some command would be useful in your future days.

Good luck in finding a decent server. ;) If you're locating in US/Canada/Europe, I agrees with @RockBeltHOST and @davidgestiondbi, to go for Kimsufi or OVH, both DDoS protection and their hardware/cost is quite enough to power the server you need.

Thanked by 1Nic_20TBSSD
  • I never intended to rely on a panel. My current setup use 4 screen (the screen utility under linux)...

• Would OVH VPS plan 2 or 3 be enough to handle what I intend to do, and to they have any limit for cpu usage?

• KoanHostKoanHost Member
    edited December 2015

Hello!
    KoanHost can accommodate you- our service representatives are all very well versed in Minecraft hosting so if you purchase the Managed hosting we can help you out if you run into any issues!
    We also offer 512mb-managed Minecraft hosting, if you want a easy solution/

Check out KoanHost.com- we never limit CPU and pretty much you can only be suspended for attacking people or getting us DMCA notices.

• Dedis on cheap: OVH (Kimsufi brand). Colocrossing. Wholesale Internet / Datashack.

VPS: KVM, but it's not cheap usually. $10/GB, maybe less if you buy from small companies here.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Asgard,

OVH's new VPS plans would probably be fine. They use newer E5 v3 CPUs (for the most part I believe) and SSDs.

If you want something in OVH but can't or don't want to go direct I run my OpenVZ VPS on them on i7-4790K CPUs and SSDs, which would be great for a modded server. The resource usage is typically very low, so running something like that would likely not be a problem.

• Dacentec.com do some great Dedis at cheap prices!

Thanked by 1xavier
  • AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

Hi there,

Please take a look at our VPS offers from here: https://www.hetnix.com/he2bill/cart.php?gid=19 :)

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited December 2015

Cough up an extra $60 and get a awesome 16GB server from @Delimiter.

You can use the promo code MAY2015, it'll double the RAM to 32GB if I'm not mistaken.

http://www.delimitervps.com/landingpage/blades/?p=X515016500&l=Atlanta