Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are they same company?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Are they same company?

Hello,

So I am looking for some info (with reference if possible)

Are Onapp.com/Cloud.net and vps.net/UK2 part of one group ?
(Are they sister concerns / one family owns them / two brothers hosts thing etc etc?)

Yesterday, I got F*** by Cloud.net (more details on that later. That requires a whole story) but I signed up with VPS.Net and so far, seems fine.

However, a simple whois shows both have same company address and I am wondering if I got trapped myself again with same guys.

So, hence the investigation ...

Thanks

Comments

• Umair said: Are Onapp.com/Cloud.net and vps.net/UK2 part of one group ?

Yes.

Thanked by 2Umair TheLinuxBug
  • Well that sucks ... It means, I just got tricked into same messed company ... :(

Time to find an other provider.

• @Umair said:
    Yesterday, I got F*** by Cloud.net (more details on that later. That requires a whole story) but I signed up with VPS.Net and so far, seems fine.

Now we wait for your awesome story...

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • So that was the trailer - when is the full feature due to be released?

Thanked by 2TheLonely ATHK
  • OnApp_TerryOnApp_Terry Member
    edited December 2015

Hi Umair,

Can you email me at [email protected]? I'll make sure your cloud.net problems are taken care of!

Also, UK2 & OnApp are two separate entities. Our offices are located across the street from each other -- essentially imagine one giant office park. OnApp was a part of UK2, but was spun off in 2010, with investment from Lloyds Bank. A few members of staff, myself included, have worked at UK2 in the past though.

Thanked by 2mpkossen ManofServer
  • Not really sure what to think about cloud.net after our recent discussion. But I'd love to see the whole story...

• rghfrghf Member
    edited December 2015

Same private equity firm but legally distinct business operations so are separate companies

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited December 2015

OnApp_Terry said: Also, UK2 & OnApp are two separate entities. Our offices are located across the street from each other -- essentially imagine one giant office park. OnApp was a part of UK2, but was spun off in 2010, with investment from Lloyds Bank

You will surely show us the LTDs companies house entries to prove that, right?

Further as you share infrastructure across many locations it is entangled anyway, regardless of how ownership is "on paper".

• ditlevditlev Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited December 2015

Can I just ask what the concern is?

Here is the history:

1) UK2 was founded back in the late nineties

2) I took over in 2005

3) A few years later I started VPS.net (and a lot of other brands like 100tb.com etc)

4) In 2011 I sold the group to Lloyds (http://techcrunch.com/2011/04/20/ldc-snatches-up-web-hosting-provider-uk2group-for-77-million-big-ones/) and started OnApp, a business based on the software stack from VPS.net

5) We have since then raised more than $25M, and Lloyds are minority owners of OnApp, as they put in part of that 25M. Here you can see the remaining part of Lloyds portfolio: http://www.ldc.co.uk/portfolio/.

We have separate offices, when I sold UK2 I wanted to stay in Brick Lane, London, so moved across the street. Separate organisations, and separate everything else...We have nothing at all to do with UK2 other than they are clients (paying same rates as our other comparable clients) of OnApp.
    We have 164 employees, none of them in any way affiliated with UK2Group.

Now, OP - ping me ([email protected]) or Bernino ([email protected]), who runs cloud.net, if we can help out in any way with the issue mentioned...

:)

D

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@ditlev
    So when is the new SolusVM 2 comming out?

• smicrozsmicroz Member
    edited December 2015

@OnApp_Terry said:
    Hi Umair,

Can you email me at [email protected]? I'll make sure your cloud.net problems are taken care of!

Also, UK2 & OnApp are two separate entities. Our offices are located across the street from each other -- essentially imagine one giant office park. OnApp was a part of UK2, but was spun off in 2010, with investment from Lloyds Bank. A few members of staff, myself included, have worked at UK2 in the past though.

OFFTOPIC - There some ETA to can add more ip additionally? There some info about provider uptime alliance - looking glass at least? :p

• @AlexBarakov said:
    ditlev
    So when is the new SolusVM 2 comming out?

Soon (tm)

• OnApp_TerryOnApp_Terry Member
    edited December 2015

@smicroz said:
    OFFTOPIC - There some ETA to can add more ip additionally? There some info about provider uptime alliance - looking glass at least? :p

Additional IPs isn't far off. It's actually dependent on the infrastructure provider now as the functionality is there. If you file a ticket, we can tell you whether it is possible with your server at this time. Same thing goes for Uptime Alliance; the team will be able to share infrastructure information with you, as it is location specific.