Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[RIDICULOUS] OVH's 2013 lineup - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[RIDICULOUS] OVH's 2013 lineup

Comments

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Yes, they officially lowered the amount of possible IP's on kimsufi's ...

From 32 down right to 4 in total with main server IP.

And on OVH products, you used to pay a setup fee, and the IPs are free, you only need the "something-whatever" pack that costs 15Eur/month.

All that is gone :(

• @Jack said: Failover costs like twice as much as you can move the IP from one server to another.

My point was that there's only the failover IPs listed now, not the RIPE IPs.

The RIPE IPs are now the same price as the failover IPs (€1) for OVH-branded servers, too.

• @rolz14 said: on the kimsufi.com site, i use google chrome to do the translating

Do you need a French address to order servers on their main website?

• lbftlbft Member
    edited October 2012

@Chan said: Do you need a French address to order servers on their main website?

You need an address not covered by one of their other sites AFAIK.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2012

@Taylor said: Reply to my email requesting to be able to buy the cheap dedi on the UK site.

Wait, they have actual support? In English? I'm surprised.

• I'm not a big fan of Kimsufi but I might try out their new mKS 2G. I don't really like the 7-days waiting time though.

• @Jack said: I bought one via kimsufi.fr , for £9 I don't mind waiting 7 days :) haha.

How? I get redirected to the .nl site?

• WhoaWhoa Member
    edited October 2012

Got a mKS three days after ordering on .fr site ...
    Atom N2800 @ 1.86GHz, Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB 7200 RPM HDD
    Not bad.

But the thing I liked the most is the control panel ... really impressive.

BTW,
    Will I get a UK location if I order on their .co.uk site ?

• @Whoa said: Will I get a UK location if I order on their .co.uk site ?

no.

Thanked by 1Whoa
  • @birdie25 said: How? I get redirected to the .nl site?

If your Nic handle is from another site it will redirect you. Or if when you put in your address there is a site that matches your country it will redirect you.

Just wait until it is available in other locations.

• lbftlbft Member
    edited October 2012

@Whoa said: Will I get a UK location if I order on their .co.uk site ?

No. You'll get an IP with "UK" in the WHOIS, I think, but it'll be located in Roubaix, France.

Thanked by 1Whoa
  • I see they've updated the .com site again to correct the NIC in the low end machines and they're also back to one hour availability for the minis.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

My Kimsufi 2G has a Gigabit NIC, not that it matters too much as the connection is 100 mbit anyway.

• The gig ethernet is useful if you have multiple machines there. I assumed they'd just corrected a typo on the site but have they actually been shipping them with gig nics?

I'm still waiting for the .co.uk site being updated.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@abat said: have they actually been shipping them with gig nics?

It simply depends on which motherboard you get, because NIC is onboard. If you get an Atom N2800 like the three people who posted above (and me), most likely it comes with a motherboard that has Gigabit. But now they made clear they do not guarantee that on the lower plans.

Thanked by 1abat
  • Ill get 10 of these insane pricing though I know there good but this is just inane.

Intel E5
    64GB RAM
    2x 120GB SSD
    1Gbps unmetered (200Mbps guaranteed)

price: 129,99€ a month excl. VAT

• Dedicated is the future of awesome, :)

• @rm_ said: But now they made clear they do not guarantee that on the lower plans

This is what I got from a recent Kimsufi:

cat /proc/cpuinfo
    processor : 0
    vendor_id : GenuineIntel
    cpu family : 6
    model : 28
    model name : Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU D425 @ 1.80GHz
    stepping : 10
    cpu MHz : 1799.942
    cache size : 512 KB
    physical id : 0
    siblings : 2
    core id : 0
    cpu cores : 1
    apicid : 0
    initial apicid : 0
    fpu : yes
    fpu_exception : yes
    cpuid level : 10
    wp : yes
    flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm movbe lahf_lm dts
    bogomips : 3599.88
    clflush size : 64
    cache_alignment : 64
    address sizes : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    power management:

processor : 1
    vendor_id : GenuineIntel
    cpu family : 6
    model : 28
    model name : Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU D425 @ 1.80GHz
    stepping : 10
    cpu MHz : 1799.942
    cache size : 512 KB
    physical id : 0
    siblings : 2
    core id : 0
    cpu cores : 1
    apicid : 1
    initial apicid : 1
    fpu : yes
    fpu_exception : yes
    cpuid level : 10
    wp : yes
    flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm movbe lahf_lm dts
    bogomips : 3599.88
    clflush size : 64
    cache_alignment : 64
    address sizes : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    power management:

• I picked up one of the mKS 2G's on the weekend, really solid for the money.

Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU 230 @ 1.60GHz
    UnixBench: 419.0
    Disk IO: 125 MB/s
    Network: 11.3 MB/s

http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2012/10/28/Zgs08pjtGSdzCp24

• @Jack said: I tried to purchase one from kimsufi.fr but I guess they didn't like it...

>

@Jack "Disponibilité 7 jours" That could be why, but I'm guessing you had to fake the information /:

• Any good OpenVZ guides out there? Just got my first dedicated server and would like to virtualise it. Not for selling vps :) Already blew my server three times up by trying to install OpenVZ :)

• @kornnflake said: Any good OpenVZ guides out there? Just got my first dedicated server and would like to virtualise it. Not for selling vps :) Already blew my server three times up by trying to install OpenVZ :)

Not sure if you are aware but OVH have a proxmox 2.2 template.

• I need this on my local OVH site, NOW!

Thanked by 2djvdorp Taylor
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2012

@kornnflake said: Any good OpenVZ guides out there? Just got my first dedicated server and would like to virtualise it. Not for selling vps :) Already blew my server three times up by trying to install OpenVZ :)

Why settle for OVZ when you can install Xen :) Performance for PV is not much worse and if you dont sell it, Xen is best I think even if your CPU is not having a virtualization flag.
    Try XCP: http://www.xen.org/products/cloudxen.html If you are on windows use xenserver's windows client to admin, it is very easy and you have a control panel too.
    M

Thanked by 2djvdorp Amfy
  • I like OpenVZ on my Kimsufi 2G. Works pretty well with weekly vzdumps to my BuyVM NY box. Transfers over at 10MB/sec for the most part too.

• I heard EU businesses didn't have to charge VAT to non-EU customers.

Why does a Kimsufi mKS cost me €11.95 (instead of €9.99).

p.s. - I'm located in Asia.

• @Whoa probably because you didn't provide the required documents to them to have the VAT removed.

• TaylorTaylor Member
    edited October 2012

All of the servers now have a 1 hour wait time on the FR site, so it looks like they are fully stocked, hopefully this means they can roll them out to the UK site :P Also the cost has gone from 6.99 to 8.99 so it should e coming soon....

• @birdie25 said: I need this on my local OVH site, NOW!

Hello, I sent you an instruction in Dutch on how to get this in The Netherlands.

• I think they will be coming soon :)