Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ RAID 10 - SSD ★ 25¢ OVZ ★ 66¢ KVM ★ $24/YR - 1GB Windows ★ $3/YR - 128MB OVZ ★ $8/YR - 512MB KVM - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ RAID 10 - SSD ★ 25¢ OVZ ★ 66¢ KVM ★ $24/YR - 1GB Windows ★ $3/YR - 128MB OVZ ★ $8/YR - 512MB KVM

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

add_iT said: Hi

How many?

We don't have a set number or block size yet. Let's say at least 1 for free, on request. If you have a more specific need make a ticket and we should be able to accommodate you.

harrysdt said: May I know the windows VPS is license included or not?

License included.

• @VirMach can you make your TOS font size a bit larger? reading small lines make my eyes hurt so much.

• namhuy said: @VirMach can you make your TOS font size a bit larger? reading small lines make my eyes hurt so much.

An alternative for the time being is Ctrl and +.

• I had a Duplicate Payment and asked for a refund, but so far after 24 hours, still no response.......though a few bucks only

• XyyXyy Member
    edited December 2015

For now, just satisfied with the service even though it took me to wait for almost 12 hours and a ticket to activate my vps. *My vps activated within minutes after I opened a ticket.

Cheers guys. VirMach already doing their best. Just be patience.

• Unfortunately my server is down again, look like network problem, Let's see if it's stable enough or not

namhuy said: @VirMach can you make your TOS font size a bit larger? reading small lines make my eyes hurt so much.

Since we added the little sidebar explaining everything quickly, it didn't properly fit and took way too long to scroll through at the larger font. What you can do is increase the webpage size, as @Gunter suggested. We don't plan on making it larger, unless we maybe remove the summary, move it to the top, or make it smaller.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions on this matter.

It's arguable if that helps security at all.

Most of the time, people will attempt attacks directly on the server hosting so we do have proper security to prevent attacks. SolusVM also already has limits on logins. In any case, if someone had thousands of addresses to attack that page from, our passwords would take quite a while to guess.

We travel a lot so IP filtering at the Admin area would be counter-productive. If we do add further authentication though, it will most likely just be an additional password.

I'll forward this to my co-worker though to see how we can implement it, to give you peace of mind :)

wahyan said: I had a Duplicate Payment and asked for a refund, but so far after 24 hours, still no response.......though a few bucks only

We have a lot of policies in place. Generally, since it is a "few bucks" we have a non-refund policy in these cases since they take up support time and we already have low profit margins on these sales.

However, out of courtesy we do usually refund them.

You just have to be patient. Your ticket is probably the lowest priority out of everyone on our list of how we handle tickets and we have a lot of tickets in right now. These cases usually get escalated to me personally to make a terms of service exception and I'm busy with a lot of other stuff right now. Since you did bring this to my attention though I'll probably have a look very soon.

Xyy said: For now, just satisfied with the service even though it took me to wait for almost 12 hours and a ticket to activate my vps.

Sorry, some of the plans we've had to put on manual activation due to them being close to sold out. We have way more orders than anticipated so it's taking a while to go through all of them.

harrysdt said: Unfortunately my server is down again, look like network problem, Let's see if it's stable enough or not

I just woke up so I'll have to check and see if there's any network issues or what node is/was experiencing problems. Just skimming through real quick I do see just one ticket asking if the server is down. After checking, the customer's VPS is up.

Server hasn't gone down. Most likely is a network issue if there is an issue - I'll run some tests and escalate to datacenter. If problem is located, check our network issue page for updates.

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • Damned I missed it.

Would have taken some of the 128MB plans and the 512MB KVM. All out it seems :(

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

VirMach said: It's arguable if that helps security at all.

Most of the time, people will attempt attacks directly on the server hosting so we do have proper security to prevent attacks. SolusVM also already has limits on logins. In any case, if someone had thousands of addresses to attack that page from, our passwords would take quite a while to guess.

We travel a lot so IP filtering at the Admin area would be counter-productive. If we do add further authentication though, it will most likely just be an additional password.

I'll forward this to my co-worker though to see how we can implement it, to give you peace of mind :)

First off, You are relying on SolusVM to protect you from due to them limiting login attempts. SolusVM doesn't have a real good track record of SECURITY! I don't need peace of mind. You are making excuses for not even basically implementing basic security practices to protect a public facing admin login page. Sorry this makes think how your security practices our with ACTUAL customer information (addresses names etc) is!

• welcome to lowendsecurityauditsforfree.com not affiliated with imnotacustomerbutiwanttoscrewyou.com

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

dedicados said: welcome to lowendsecurityauditsforfree.com not affiliated with imnotacustomerbutiwanttoscrewyou.com

It not a security audit. I wouldn't want my info floating around the internet again.

Thanked by 1dedicados

jeromeza said: Damned I missed it.

Would have taken some of the 128MB plans and the 512MB KVM. All out it seems :(

We still have at least two more times they'll go back into stock with new servers so keep an eye open!

• @VirMach said:
    Server hasn't gone down. Most likely is a network issue if there is an issue - I'll run some tests and escalate to datacenter. If problem is located, check our network issue page for updates.

I has been more than 9 hours since I notice the server down. To be honest this is a little bit frustrated as I am just new to virmach.

edited December 2015

harrysdt said: I has been more than 9 hours since I notice the server down. To be honest this is a little bit frustrated as I am just new to virmach.

Our uptime monitor shows no down-time at all. Are you sure this was not another issue? Is it still down? Create a technical support ticket so we can keep track of this and find out what happened. I won't be able to provide very good support through this thread without further information and troubleshooting.

I can however confirm that the node you are on did not go down at any time in the past 24 hours.

(edit) I just want to add on that I did do MTR as well as download file test from the server and I could not locate any further network issues.

• @VirMach said:
    (edit) I just want to add on that I did do MTR as well as download file test from the server and I could not locate any further network issues.

Thanks for your help. I see you are willing to solve problem together with the customer. That's cool!

Thanked by 1VirMach

harrysdt said: Thanks for your help. I see you are willing to solve problem together with the customer. That's cool!

Just giving you a quick update before I have my co-worker handle your situation: it looks like you were nullrouted by the datacenter for outbound spam. So it's definitely no network issue or other issue.

• Where's pheonix KVM? Out of stock? :(

edited December 2015

Xyy said: Where's pheonix KVM? Out of stock? :(

We just got Phoenix OVZ back in stock, and Dallas KVM should be done within an hour. As for Phoenix KVM, datacenter is awaiting a shipment for the chassis and it should hopefully be ready tomorrow or Tuesday.

Chicago KVM/OVZ ETA is delayed to December 27th
    Los Angeles KVM should be ready by December 23rd

• @VirMach said:
    Los Angeles KVM should be ready by December 23rd

Means that tomorow I can order Pheonix KVM? Thanks. Keep up the good work.

Xyy said: Means that tomorow I can order Pheonix KVM? Thanks. Keep up the good work.

Correct, assuming there's no further delays. It was supposed to be ready for this offer but FedEx messed up the shipment.

• Can I upload my custom ISO? Windows 2012 is too heavy to me.

• @VirMach said:

look like pingdom.com creating too many connections I modified settings hopefully that solve the problem.

• ServerBear benchmark: http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2015/12/21/aOZATAWAyqmDHmqQ

Looks good to me.

seikan said: Can I upload my custom ISO? Windows 2012 is too heavy to me.

Yes - make a ticket.

• @VirMach Not yet Pheonix KVM?

tenpera said: @VirMach Not yet Pheonix KVM?

Still waiting on the datacenter. No updates

• "Error establishing a database connection" at the website.

• Hello, Why i can't access your webiste right now?