Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

S3 service testers needed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

S3 service testers needed

Hey all, I'm working on an S3 file service. It's not ready for production yet but I'm hoping to find a few people who have some S3 apps that they could point at it to see if it's as compatible as it's supposed to be while I finish productizing. It seems functional, I can use S3 browser and I've been backing up to it using duplicati so... I'm happy there. Just hoping for a little help finding gaps or features that need documenting.

My thought was to provide 10G of space or something reasonable if that isn't reasonable.

If you are interested, please drop me a PM with any questions. TIA for giving a read.

Comments

• Have you written your own storage engine, or are you using ceph? What's the location?

• I have not written my own storage engine and I am not using Ceph. There are other options ;) The servers are in Kelowna, BC along with the the other services I provide. If things are promising I will stand up service in other locations but the point, for me, is to test functionality and see what kind of "jack-in-the-box" situations there are that I haven't planned for because I'm not a programmer who uses S3 for anything sophisticated.