Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Expanding] UGVPS now has presence in the UK! Chicago Coming soon!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Expanding] UGVPS now has presence in the UK! Chicago Coming soon!

UGVPSUGVPS Member
edited October 2012 in Providers

LET/LEB Members,

UGVPS has expanded it's operations in the UK. We now offer all the same great plans we have in place for our UK - Newcastle location!

We will also have a Chicago location coming soon within the next few days! This will be located at the Dupont Fabros Technology Center.

I just wanted to take a moment to thank the community for your support and helping us expand to these new locations. We will have a west cost location in the next coming weeks as well.

Also we would like some of the members here to suggest some future locations you would like to see in our lineup!

Thank you,

Crystal

Thanked by 2tinyray DestroyeRCo

Comments

• If you could expand to LA, San Jose or Seattle, that'll be a great news for Asian users.

• Yes we are working on a west coast location in a few weeks. Suggestions would be for locations after that since we will already have East, Central, West Coast and UK locations.

@LAKid Right now we are pricing all the locations you named :)

Keep'em coming everyone i want to hear your voices!!

Crystal

• Antarctica.

You somehow do it, I'll pay for a VPS on it (although I do expect a complementary picture of a penguin).

Thanked by 2ihatetonyy djvdorp
  • @HalfEatenPie I'll get right on that. 10,000 USD a month sound good? lol

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited October 2012

As much as I'd love to make it profitable for you...

This is LET ;)

I would however accept a 32mb VPS for 7 a month just so I could say I own a VPS in Antartica. (and install OpenVPN on it and say my internet connection is from Antarctica)

Edit: This is my 1400th comment here on LET. I'd like to thank all my family and friends who have supported me here and I'd also like to thank all you wonder people of LET for not banning me yet.

Thanked by 2djvdorp eastonch
  • @HalfEatenPie set the FQN / HN as "Frozen.halfeatenpie.com" ;)

Thanked by 2djvdorp HalfEatenPie
  • @eastonch Original :)

• wdqwdq Member

I'd like locations on the moon and Mars.

• @ugvps just open up a DC there; no need for cooling, you've got the cool air to start with, just push it through with big-ass fans.

• @eastonch If that was the only thing i needed to worry about if this was possible.

• Why don't Open one in Central America or Orlando? That location can give good latency to the whole American Continent.

• TazTaz Member

Why open a DC? We have DSL no?

• @Taz said: Why open a DC? We have DSL no?

I don't get the joke.

• TazTaz Member

Basement DC. Apparently the theory of hosting your own contents. I think people are even trying to host sites off 3g and cellphone. Read somewhere yesterday.

• TazTaz Member

Actually I find it fascinating. Get 2-3 rpi, setup local fail over , use afraid or something similar and you have an efficient hoe server. Doubt your ISP will figure it out if you switch between multiple rpi on a regular basis.

• Chicago is now UP!

We now have 3 locations up and running.

Lenoir, Newcastle, and now Chicago!