Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unique IP's
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unique IP's

shaanlshaanl Member
edited August 2011 in General

Now before you guys get all uppity about my question and shout and me and stuff, I'm not trying to game anyone, I don't mind spending the extra cash, etc etc, I'm just looking for a genuine sincere answer and some advice.

I'm looking for a way to acquire multiple unique IP's. I was originally thinking of just signing up to multiple vps providers, but I think that would end up being a major hassle to manage.

Another thing I'm trying to avoid is also being told I can have as many IP's as I want, and then get a bunch of class-d IP's (thanks buyvm.net, but that was my bad anyway :) ).

Thanks guys!

Comments

• I'm assuming these are IP4 addresses, because IP6 is being given away by the boatload.

• ztecztec Member

And I'm assuming you mean without justification?

• Yes and yes.

• I'm looking for a way to acquire multiple unique IP's. I was originally thinking of just signing up to multiple vps providers, but I think that would end up being a major hassle to manage.

You answered your own question. That's pretty much the proper way to do it.

If you need a less than proper way to do it, I really don't think this is the forum to be asking this question at.

And, Yes, I'm trying my hardest to be polite here. I'm in dire need of 3-5 class C's for my own clients so I can rack some more servers. This question does little to help me in my situation.

Thanked by 1shaanl
  • Fair enough, thank you drmike :) and thank you for being polite ;)

I've been reading these forums for a while and trust the advice given here, which is why I asked here. It was in no way meant to be spammy, dodgy, or any other weird word ending in a y that would make me out to be unwelcomed guest.

I also figured doing it manually is the best way, just wanted to see if I'd maybe get lucky.

• kiloservekiloserve Member
    edited August 2011

As much as it is a hassle for you to sign up with multiple providers, it's just as much (or more) of a hassle for the provider to give out so many different class C IP's.

A few years ago, we would accomodate up to 8 IPV4 IP's from up to 8 separate Class C's but it just became too much of a management hassle and we stopped doing it.

• Many VPS hosts offer the ability to buy more ip addresses as an addon for an extra monthly price. Although these come at a high cost because ipv4 is running out :(

• You can make a list of several budget providers and then start contacting them individually through sales ticket to see whether or not they can offer it.. Burst.net offers IP blocks to be added to their budget VPSes, but I'm not sure of which way they offer it :)