Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's been a great ride
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

It's been a great ride

mpkossenmpkossen Member
edited December 2015 in Announcements

This post will go live on LowEndBox in a couple of hours.

After well over two years of managing LowEndBox and LowEndTalk, and having spent time before that writing tutorials, it's time for me to give up my position to someone else.

My decision to give up my position had two major contributing factors. The first one is the difference of vision between me and ColoCrossing on where to go with these sites. The second one is the amount of time I have available, which no longer matches the amount of time the sites require.

I've had a great time running the websites for the past two years and I couldn't have had that without the amazing community we have here. There are a number people in particular who have helped out a lot; Spirit, vedran, Lee, AnthonySmith, Nekki, jcaleb, mikho and jarland have all done an amazing job in helping me out and I'm extremely greatful for that. I'd also like to thank Alex and Jon from ColoCrossing, who have trusted me to run their sites and have supported me where appropriate.

It is with pleasure that I can announce my successor: @Jarland! Truth be told that two years ago I never thought this would ever be possible ;-) I can't think of anyone else to better succeed me than him though, and I wish him all the best.

I will still be around in my current capacity as I transition everything to him/ColoCrossing and will remain a normal member after that. I absolutely look forward to enjoying these sites as a normal member once again!

Maarten

Comments

• Thanks mpkossen, good luck

• Not another one...

Wish you the best, and enjoy your Christmas!

• Thank you for all the fish, your efforts and time! :-)
    Welcome back to the infantry, have a cookie and enjoy the show!

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • Sad day for LET. Good luck you will be missed

Thanked by 1netomx
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2015

Thanks for your good work Maarten!

Also, just for you:

;)

• Thank you for your years of effort on LET! Wishing you the best :)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Sorry to see you stand down, but thanks for all your time

• @netomx said:
    Sorry to see you stand down, but thanks for all your time

Is it too late now to say sorry?

• Welcome @Jarland :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Is it too late now to say sorry?

I don't really think so

Thanked by 1TinyTunnel_Tom
  • Sad to see you go, but couldn't agree more, you have been replaced well, @Jarland is a great guy.

Thanked by 1jar
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Thanks for all of your contributions @mpkossen.

Congrats to @jarland

Thanked by 1jar
  • GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited December 2015

There's only a few more ways to say nicer "About time."

What about you Maarten?

Will you stay to poke around or will you be gone to ipv6 and ssl forums?

AshleyUk said: you have been replaced well

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2015

There's no doubt that running LEB/LET is difficult and frustrating (as well as rewarding). To be put in that position means that some will love you, some will hate you, both will make it very apparent and certainly one of those groups will try to get under your skin. Maarten has handled it gracefully the entire time, and that I have a lot of respect for. Certainly, it serves as an example for myself in how I need to be in many ways.

I don't mean that to make the community sound bad at all, we have an awesome community here and quite frankly it's why I always stuck around...too many great people :)

Thanked by 3Clouvider vedran MikePT
  • So... DigitalOcean now owns LET/LEB! Share your conspiracies here ;)

Just kidding. Congrats @Jarland!

Thanked by 1jar
  • This is a great day for LET/LEB! Am sure @Jarland vision will give LET/LEB a new tempo and not let it die. Am really happy for Jar.

Thanked by 1jar
  • LeeLee Veteran

Well done @Jarland but more kudos to @mpkossen for not playing the game any more.

Thanked by 3jar MannDude luissousa
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Thanks @mpkossen. Hope to see you around! :)

• Salutes

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

In the short amount of time I've seen @Jarland around, I can't think of anyone better to take the LET batton onwards and upwards.

Thanks @mpkossen for all the work you have put in. I wish you all the best wherever you may end up. I do hope to still see you around in IRC and on the forums every so often.

Thanked by 1jar
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@jarland is definitely a good choice.

See you around, @mpkossen

Thanked by 1jar
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited December 2015

Jarland is the best choice to guarantee that this community will not go downhill. Congrats and may the force be with you!
    As of Maarten, he was one of the best administrators in any community I have ever been a part. It is sad that you are leaving the show, hope you will contribute to discussions here!
    Best of luck to both @Jarland and @mpkossen

Thanked by 2jar mpkossen
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@Jarland

Maybe it's time to give us discount on beer or vodka? ;)

Welcome aboard!

Thanked by 1jar
  • Kossen is gonna go spend that cc money ;)

But seriously, thanks. And I think jar is a good choice also.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @mpkossen Sad to see ya go I loved ya as an admin! I wish you luck on your future adventures!

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Sorry to see you go, @mpkossen. Thank you for your work.

@jarland, congratulations, you deserve it :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • Thanks @mpkossen for your tutorials and wealth of contributions. All the best on your next venture.

• Thanks & good luck @mpkossen. All hail our new overlord image

Thanked by 3jar CFarence cassa
  • Thanks for the great service Maarten! Well done, despite all the haters. I hope you'll stay around :)

So long and thanks for all the fish!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • CC before, CC now, CC in the future... can always change some people in between but the result and source stays the same.