Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Help with a VPS!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need Help with a VPS!

Hello Everyone!

I was wondering if you'd be able to help me out. I have just started a small tutoring business, here in the UK. We don't have a lot of money to spend on products. We have been donated a telephone number but we don't have a FreePBX system.

Would any of you guys be able to donate a small 1GB VPS to us to run this FreePBX system?

I know it's a lot to ask but, it would help us out a lot.

Kind Regards, David

Comments

• @david_reid said:
    Hello Everyone!

>

I dont think your going to get much luck finding a free VPS around here, and I would definitely not be trusting my phone system on something given to me for free with no form of SLA or guaranteed support.

If you can't afford a small VPS for a core part of your setup, I would re-evaluate your business plan/funding.

Just my 50cents.

• david_reid said: I have just started a small tutoring business

Business being the key word here.

People donate to charities.

If you are running a for-profit business, why would anyone in their right mind donate freebies to you?

I agree with @AshleyUK - if you don't have the funds in your 'business' for a tiny VPS, then I can't see you getting very far.

For something as critical as your telephone system, go with Bytemark - https://www.bytemark.co.uk/ - for £10 a month with decent support and an SLA. Or get a phone line installed.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR
    edited December 2015

2GB VPS from OVH costs 3 euros/mo, come on.

• A VPS has now been donated kindly from @RA4W !

Thanks Guys!

Thanked by 1RA4W
This discussion has been closed.