Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PayPal disputes and virtual goods - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PayPal disputes and virtual goods

2»

Comments

• @drmike said: No disrespect to you @Simplyfast but it doesn't matter what you think. You're not Paypal.

Sucks, doesn't it?

You're absolutely right.

@Go59954 , @kylix :

As I've said, it's just my belief, that VPS is more like hardware (or part of it) lease, cause you lease real hardware resources.

• Hi, Anything that cannot be tracked with a tracking ID will not be covered per PayPal's buyer complaint policies.

Best,

Kevin

• @drmike said: No disrespect to you @Simplyfast but it doesn't matter what you think. You're not Paypal.

Well but people could file a lawsuit against their decision to not refund VPSs (although i doubt that anyone would actually do that)

@FTN_Kevin said: Hi, Anything that cannot be tracked with a tracking ID will not be covered per PayPal's buyer complaint policies.

Hmm can we claim that the WHCMS order ID is the tracking ID? :D

• Paypal refunded me for the case of eNetSouth.

• @tonkla said: Paypal refunded me for the case of eNetSouth.

Me too, but it seems that is because the owner just ignored all the paypal mails.

Thanked by 1tonkla
  • @FTN_Kevin said: Hi, Anything that cannot be tracked with a tracking ID will not be covered per PayPal's buyer complaint policies.

Yes it will. Shipping company: Other; Tracking Number: Virtual.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited November 2011

@Aldryic said: Yes it will. Shipping company: Other; Tracking Number: Virtual.

Why are you giving away our secrets? I escalate and do exactly that if they were not due a refund.

• Because I only gave away half of the secret, shame on them if they don't look up the rest of the necessary info on their own :3

• It's pretty much hit and miss when it comes to Virtual Goods.

• ztecztec Member
    edited November 2011

Just wanted to tell that Paypal refunded all transactions made to UptimeVPS ( even those over 45 days a go ) to me.

• This is why I thank paypal for locking my account forever: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=7458554&posted=1#post7458554

Tada: My account has been permanently locked with a balance of 0 USD,

• paypal not refund for virtual item i am also victim of uptimevps

so chargeback via your creditcard company or bank

if you paid by paypal balance then it is tough to get back

• The problem with that though is if you do a chargeback against Paypal, don't they lock you out of your paypal account?

From my time here, seems like many folks when they have an issue with a provider, they go immediately to the chargeback level instead of just asking for a refund and cancellation.

• For me PayPal is just awesome, I feel for the people in upcoming economies - but there's more out there for those people.

• @ztec said: For me PayPal is just awesome,

I fully agree on that. Paypal+prepaid-CC is the perfect combination.

Thanked by 1drmike
  • @japon said: Paypal+prepaid-CC is the perfect combination.

Heck, even I agree with that. That's probably how I'm paying for my new VPSes....