Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated 55xx series or better - 32gb, dual 1tb SSD or sas w/ /27ip
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated 55xx series or better - 32gb, dual 1tb SSD or sas w/ /27ip

Looking for a dedicated server - prefer east coast or midwest

dual xeon 55xx series or better,
32gb ram or better,
dual 1tb SSD or SAS,
/27 ip set,
at least 10tb bandwidth,
Thanks

Comments

• Purpose?

• multi-tenant VoIP server

• ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

What is your budget?

• rcarter03 said: multi-tenant VoIP server

Then most critically you want to be looking at the network quality, congestion and lack of congestion management is a problem on most budget servers/networks.

• @MarkTurner said:
    Then most critically you want to be looking at the network quality, congestion and lack of congestion management is a problem on most budget servers/networks.

I agree - just trying to find a cost effective solution. Hoping to find some providers with a decent backend that can handle the traffic

• @HostPair said:
    What is your budget?

Ideally $125

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

I think @QPS could do this for you, and I've run Asterisk + FreePBX on their network. No issues with latency or lag or anything.

Thanked by 1qps
  • @agoldenberg said:
    I think QPS could do this for you, and I've run Asterisk + FreePBX on their network. No issues with latency or lag or anything.

Call quality good all around on their network? Do you still use them?

• rcarter03 said: I agree - just trying to find a cost effective solution. Hoping to find some providers with a decent backend that can handle the traffic

Where are your users located? On which networks?

This will allow you to cut to the bone which providers can offer you a service. Obviously if they are all home users on Comcast, then no point talking to someone without direct Comcast peering or transit because the congestion periods on most networks will cripple your VoIP service.

• @MarkTurner said:
    This will allow you to cut to the bone which providers can offer you a service. Obviously if they are all home users on Comcast, then no point talking to someone without direct Comcast peering or transit because the congestion periods on most networks will cripple your VoIP service.

we currently only have a few users for this server - all businesses. Locations are OH, FL, VA - we used a server in Atlanta before and it seemed ok. As far as networks our users are on TWC, ATT, and a Fiber line from local carrier

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@rcarter03 have been using @QPS going on 5 years now and not a single issue with their network aside from regular maintenance events and they're always willing to have a look and optimize routes whenever possible.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@rcarter03 we can do Dual L5520, 32GB RAM, 2x 1TB SATA, 20TB on 1Gbps port for $65 per month in either Atlanta or Los Angeles. Use coupon code XEON45.

Thanked by 2flopv netomx
  • @qps said:
    rcarter03 we can do Dual L5520, 32GB RAM, 2x 1TB SATA, 20TB on 1Gbps port for $65 per month in either Atlanta or Los Angeles. Use coupon code XEON45.

what can you do price wise for SSD and the /27 ip

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2015

@rcarter03 /27 adds $16, (2x) 1TB SSD adds $100 - Total $181

• @rcarter03 said:
    Ideally $125

That probably won't get you 2x 1TB SSDs.

• ExonHostExonHost Member, Host Rep

You can't find 2x 1 TB SSDs within the price.

@rcarter03 said:
    Ideally $125

• wow, you are mad? 1TB SSD

• @lewissue said:
    wow, you are mad? 1TB SSD

No. They do make 1TB and 2TB SSDs now that are quite reasonably priced if you go for consumer version. So he isn't mad at all in his request, just perhaps his pricing.

• >

really? there's 1TB SSD now? I think the maximum SSD is 512GB

• lewissue said: really? there's 1TB SSD now? I think the maximum SSD is 512GB

There are many 1tb and 2tb SSD's as you were told and replied to. Google is your friend

Thanked by 2IThinkUFailed netomx
  • IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited December 2015

@lewissue said:
    really? there's 1TB SSD now? I think the maximum SSD is 512GB

Yes. The maximum is definitely 512GB /sarcasm

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147441&cm_re=2tb_ssd--20-147-441--Product

• darknessendsdarknessends Member
    edited December 2015

@IThinkUFailed said:
    www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147441&cm_re=2tb_ssd--20-147-441--Product

And this is a little cheaper.
    http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-2-5-Inch-Internal-MZ-75E2T0B-AM/dp/B010QD6W9I

• @rcarter03 said:
    what can you do price wise for SSD and the /27 ip

Maybe you can purchase the SSDs and ship them to the datacenter? Doesn't hurt to ask them.

• @msg7086 i guess that might be a possibility, never thought of it.