Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[RIDICULOUS] OVH's 2013 lineup - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[RIDICULOUS] OVH's 2013 lineup

Comments

• Are these Kimsufi plans about to be ordered without VAT? (non EU customer).

For those that have ordered one of the celeron/atom deals, what is the location you are being hosted in or country at minimum?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@pubcrawler non-EU people don't pay VAT, but you might have to send a couple of scanned documents to verify your location.
    Celeron/Atoms are all in Roubaix, France.

Thanked by 1pubcrawler
  • I definitely fancy a €9.99 mKS...

Thanked by 2birdie25 djvdorp
  • @Nekki hope they will be made available in .nl soon :D

edited October 2012

Pffft, FR<>NL is like 15ms, it's not like you are looking at an US<>EU-like distance.

• @rm_ said: Pffft, FR<>NL is like 15ms, it's not like you are looking at an US<>EU-like distance.

I think he meant the ovh .nl site

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • The drives are still the disappointment.

Thanked by 1tux
    edited October 2012

@ShardHost said: I think he meant the ovh .nl site

Not seeing the reason to wait either, you can just order from http://www.kimsufi.com/fr/ use a translation service e.g. in the Chromium browser if you have to, but it's pretty straightforward.

• @rm_ When I enter my NIChandle i get redirected to the NL site.

And yes @ShardHost that was what I meant :P

Ah, so there is already an NL site, I misunderstood then.

So simply use this link: https://www.ovh.nl/bestelling/kimsufi.cgi?hard=132sk1
    should work.

• @rm_ I tried to use this link for the UK site, this would be the right one if it were to work right?

https://www.ovh.co.uk/order/kimsufi.cgi?hard=132sk1

• I die a little on the inside when a host does a mass update of plans like this. There goes my evening :P

• @birdie25 said: I'm going to pick up a 10€ Kimsufi for the lulz.

Id like one too, reply if you got an NL order link hehe.

• @Taylor said: I tried to use this link for the UK site, this would be the right one if it were to work right?

It errors on the final stage

• @rm_ @Taylor @ShardHost I tried that in the first place as well, it gave me an error 500 on final checkout :(

• Bah, unable to order.

Tried all links and even a proxy through my Kimsufi box, but in the end it redirects me back to the OVH.ie homepage.. I see how it is OVH..

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@NateN34 said: I see how it is OVH..

Big companies will probably be cheaper but will never give the flexibility and human touch or care of the little ones.
    We don't need you is the thread through all this.
    It pisses me off when someone rejects romanians outright, however, when the "safe" countries can't order either and when even salvatore is rejected I think there is something seriously wrong and i quit being upset, I am just curious what drives them to that attitude.
    M

• @Maounique It's France first, subsidiaries will follow soon.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@birdie25 said: Celeron/Atom

2GB RAM
    500GB hdd
    100Mbit with 5TB traffic

New price: 9,99€ a month excl. VAT

OMG

• IDE drives, what year is this?

• @lele0108 said: IDE drives, what year is this?

>

The year of the £6.99 dedicated server.

Thanked by 3alex eastonch djvdorp
  • @lele0108 said: IDE drives, what year is this?

Where do you see IDE drives?

• @NateN34 said: Bah, unable to order.

Tried all links and even a proxy through my Kimsufi box, but in the end it redirects me back to the OVH.ie homepage.. I see how it is OVH..

OVH has the most insane ordering system I have ever seen...

• @Spencer said: Where do you see IDE drives?

Order page

Turned me off so much

• TheHackBoxTheHackBox Member
    edited October 2012
    <!telephone> yay more warez hosting :)
    Thanked by 1djvdorp
  • Nothing wrong with an IDE on a non-shared box. In a shared resource box like VPS = megafail.

• 500GB IDE's are rare. So i guess it's just SATA.

• @birdie25 said: 500GB IDE's are rare. So i guess it's just SATA.

Not to mention that nearly every modern motherboard does not support IDE.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • I'm almost tempted to order one, just to play with it and see how it works. But i am a little worried that they will make me jump through hoops during the ordering process.
    Any idea of a decent OVH reseller with an English ordering page who can offer these?

• @rds100 said: I'm almost tempted to order one, just to play with it and see how it works.

My Kimsufi box is practically like using a VPS in terms of reinstalls/IP, etc. Setting up your account for ordering was a chore, but it only happens once. I'm US ordering from the .ie site.