Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap 256MB US VPS with ARIN IP (geolocated inside US + US SWIP) + ARIN IPv6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap 256MB US VPS with ARIN IP (geolocated inside US + US SWIP) + ARIN IPv6

WilliamWilliam Member
edited December 2015 in Requests

Do want, for Netflix and other stuff.

Prefer KVM and East coast/Central, West works also though. SWIP must be US address, IPs must be ARIN.

Traffic should be good quality to Europe, Choopa NJ for example is pretty good.

Need 256MB RAM, 1GB+ HDD, 1 IPV4, 1 IPv6 and 250GB traffic or so.

Paying yearly.

Comments

• PetaByetPetaByet Member
    edited December 2015

RamNode NYC

HostUS WDC

INIZ NYC

ReliableSite NJ / QuadraNet ATL resellers

ColoCrossing Buffalo / NJ?

• CC does not work as their connection to DTAG is notoriously very bad.

I'll check Ramnode test IP, Iniz might be an option but not preferred.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited December 2015

William said: Prefer KVM and East coast/Central, West works also though. SWIP must be US address, IPs must be ARIN.

Have Charlotte, you had a VPS there is in the past, and a 30% off coupon is in the offer section. I think you left cuz the routes were getting stepped on for your anycast announcement

Thanked by 1William
  • BuyVM works well. $2 SWIP fee though. ARIN IPv6 last time I checked. @Francisco

• @miTgiB said:
    Have Charlotte, you had a VPS there is in the past, and a 30% off coupon is in the offer section. I think you left cuz the routes were getting stepped on for your anycast announcement

I use your Charlotte service for Netflix VPN. Works well and I get my max 1.2 MB/s. I'm from Germoney.

Kudos to you Tim.

Thanked by 1lifehome
  • Does it means after 1 month the trial Netflix is over and the IP should be changed?

• @WHT said:
    Does it means after 1 month the trial Netflix is over and the IP should be changed?

This is not for Netflix's free trials. It's so that @William can watch shows that are only available on the American Netflix in his country of residence.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Gunter said:
    BuyVM works well. $2 SWIP fee though. ARIN IPv6 last time I checked. Francisco

Thanks. I would need to test if our IP's are able to get to Hulu though :( They did a big DB update a while back and nailed a lot of datacenters.

Francisco

• miTgiB said: Have Charlotte, you had a VPS there is in the past, and a 30% off coupon is in the offer section. I think you left cuz the routes were getting stepped on for your anycast announcement

Yea, AS path was too long and got very low traffic as your upstreams (like most US companies) tend to not do direct peering while the EU nodes saw a shorter AS path via their upstreams due to IXs and shit, US is very complicated for anycast :(

Your NC BW is very good to DTAG, basically going to Level3 directly - can i get a larger testfile?

Gunter said: BuyVM works well. $2 SWIP fee though. ARIN IPv6 last time I checked

Don't need SWIP to myself; i just need the space registered on an US address and not i.e. a UK company selling VPS in US - if the ORG is direct ARIN member this point should not matter unless they are from CA.

WHT said: Does it means after 1 month the trial Netflix is over and the IP should be changed?

You, uh, what? people do that? I just pay for an Austrian netflix account (actually @fusl does but whatever) and use external IPs for other content (US/UK for english, SE/NL for some stuff in dutch or with english audio, AT for german obviously and so on), like everyone else basically :')

Francisco said: Thanks. I would need to test if our IP's are able to get to Hulu though :(

Is that the service that has ads in paid accounts? i'm surely not going to get that, netflix only is fine :p

Anyone knows how CA netflix is? anything US does not have? probably some french movies or so?

• William said: Your NC BW is very good to DTAG, basically going to Level3 directly - can i get a larger testfile?

http://lowendvps.hostigation.com/100mb.bin is in NC or you want something bigger? Didn't you girl lie to you and tell you size doesn't matter?

William said: Is that the service that has ads in paid accounts? i'm surely not going to get that, netflix only is fine :p

Amazon Prime added a bunch of network options this week, AMC, Showtime, A&E, Starz but they are all like $8/mo in addition to prime ;) http://techcrunch.com/2015/12/08/amazon-makes-a-bid-for-cord-cutters-adds-showtime-starz-and-more-streaming-partners-to-prime/?ncid=rss

• @William said: Anyone knows how CA netflix is? anything US does not have? probably some french movies or so?

It doesn't have much unique stuff, almost everyone up here runs US Netflix to get the good library.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited December 2015

miTgiB said: http://lowendvps.hostigation.com/100mb.bin is in NC or you want something bigger? Didn't you girl lie to you and tell you size doesn't matter?

Bigger, that does not max out the connection - once it hits 80Mbit it is already finished.

No, she just exclaimed "oh god, that never fits in there" :p

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited December 2015

miTgiB said: Didn't you girl lie to you and tell you size doesn't matter?

Buy bigger shoes next time.

William said: No, she just exclaimed "oh god, that never fits in there" :p

• GunterGunter Member
    edited December 2015

William said: Anyone knows how CA netflix is? anything US does not have? probably some french movies or so?

Canadian Netflix is superior if you're looking for some BBC content and a mix of US/International Television (e.g. Downton Abbey, Breaking Bad, Stargate SG-1, Homeland, Justified, The Shield, Mr. Selfridge) series in general, at least in the opinion of most Canadians.

American Netflix is vastly superior for American-centric television shows (Sons of Anarchy, Breaking Bad, The Office, It's always sunny in Philadelphia), and movies as a whole. If you like movies more than television, definitely go with American Netflix for sure.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • William said: Bigger, that does not max out the connection - once it hits 80Mbit it is already finished.

http://lowendvps.hostigation.com/250mb.bin

Thanked by 1lifehome
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

May a Canadian Swip ok with you finally?

If yes, our KVM in Atlanta may be an idea. You can view our LG on DeepNet Solutions FAQ.

• hehe, yes, the poor media corp. Rupert murdoch now cries to sleep i guess.

It's not illegal (at least not here; might be in us) so don't need to care much.

davidgestiondbi said: May a Canadian Swip ok with you finally?

Depends what netflix it gets, you refund me if i only get CA?

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

William said: Depends what netflix it gets, you refund me if i only get CA?

From a CA/QC IP, you can only get CA Netflix access. To be honest, US netflix is more rich in content than the CAN one.

Thanked by 2doghouch lifehome
  • William said: It's not illegal (at least not here; might be in us) so don't need to care much.

There are certainly legal theories in U.S. by which Netflix could try to take action against a U.S.-based business that blatantly "exports" access to U.S. Netflix through VPN.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tortious_interference

• just download stuff from torrents

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited December 2015

@davidgestiondbi said:
    From a CA/QC IP, you can only get CA Netflix access. To be honest, US netflix is more rich in content than the CAN one.

Canadian Netflix = Where are all my shows? Did Netflix Canada let them all go? (no, it isn't a Frozen reference, just that my daughter is still obsessed with it... much sad :c).

American Netflix = me sitting down on a couch rotting with a beer and my iPad watching every damn season of breaking bad :p

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited December 2015

singsing said: There are certainly legal theories in U.S. by which Netflix could try to take action against a U.S.-based business that blatantly "exports" access to U.S. Netflix through VPN.

eh, if you don't advertise it explicitly you should be fine in the US, you don't even have a case here then and our laws/EU are far more strict in such things than US ones which give you very far business freedumbz.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@William, we have Choopa servers with IPv6 also. Need a test?

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Sorry, we use Xen, not KVM. Maybe no good for you?

• is the same, if you are creating a VPN. or VNC to watch from desktop.

randvegeta said: randvegeta