Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for LEB provider with cheap BW price - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for LEB provider with cheap BW price

2»

Comments

• I have buyvm vps with me here, and it eats huge BW too when i put webserver on it too :D

@pubcrawler said: That is kind of one of the hazards of having the database on a different network and having software that pulls way too much data from the database in general.

I'd get a VPS that is big enough to handle both the web server and PHP as well as run MySQL. Should see this issue go away and faster pages.

• You might check with buyvm support. Maybe you just need to change your configuration to use an internal IP address for the mysql database so it doesn't use up your bandwidth. Though I haven't used their shared mysql server, so I'm not sure exactly how it works there.

• There is nothing in those screencaps or tools that points to anything other than database being really big on the data consumption.

BuyVM does not charge for bandwidth to their MySQL as it should be on the other venet on 172.xxx.xxx.xxx (i.e. same LAN in a local VLAN).

Don't believe they intend MySQL to be used remotely as it seems you are doing.

I'd run this on BuyVM front end VPS to their local MySQL...

Then I'd look at those tools again.

If you see the same bulk consumption 90% of that should be internal and not count against your totals.

Something very wrong with your scenario though. vBulletin or whatever you use shouldn't be pigging out on database like this. You need to see exactly who is connecting to your server. Appears you have CloudFlare in the way so it's just them showing up. I'd pull them out of the way so you see real IPs and resolutions of those connecting.

Your use all around is overboard, especially for what you describe as a personal site or personal forums.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2012

@Jack said: Not Possible

FDC Denver all things are possible! Except using it.

I kid ;)

Thanked by 2DeletedUser klikli